Let us be honest Europe has only 5 to 6 good and top teams

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Let us be honest Europe has only 5 to 6 good and top teams

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We all know they are ranked the highest because they created the ranking rules....

France
Germany
Spain
Italy, these are the true elite teams. The rest are not heavy weights and will struggle to qualify from South America or Africa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
return2k2
Egg
Egg
Re: Let us be honest Europe has only 5 to 6 good and top teams

Post by return2k2 »

Everybody knows that African players individually are dominating in European Leagues but Africans just seems to have an issue with developing National teams.
Only few European National Teams are exceptional.
Most European National Teams are full of wack players and that's part of why they're recruiting Africans into their squads and they keep trying to get Africa to Naturalize.

Na Cameroonian born man wey score for Switzerland against Cameroon.

Na Black man wey score goal number 3 for portugal against Ghana

France leading striker Mbape be Cameroonian man

and so on and so fort :mrgreen:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It is going to get worse. Africa's number one exporting commodity . Talents. Be it sports or any other profession.

Now North Americans are doing the same. Canada and the U.S.A
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

return2k2 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:02 pm Everybody knows that African players individually are dominating in European Leagues but Africans just seems to have an issue with developing National teams.
Most European National Teams are full of wack players and that's part of why they're recruiting Africans into their squads and they keep trying to get Africa to Naturalize.

If Kylian was born and raised in Cameroon he wouldn't be the player he is today.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 pm It is going to get worse. Africa's number one exporting commodity . Talents. Be it sports or any other profession.

Now North Americans are doing the same. Canada and the U.S.A
You're right.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:07 pm
return2k2 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:02 pm Everybody knows that African players individually are dominating in European Leagues but Africans just seems to have an issue with developing National teams.

If Kylian was born and raised in Cameroon he wouldn't be the player he is today.
You do have a point! Those European countries are giving African players opportunities!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

A lot of these European teams are beatable if only we took some care. There is nothing special about the likes of Croatia, Serbia, Switzerland, Wales, Denmark etc for me. They are solid sides, no doubt, but you can turn them over.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:51 am We all know they are ranked the highest because they created the ranking rules....

France
Germany
Spain
Italy, these are the true elite teams. The rest are not heavy weights and will struggle to qualify from South America or Africa
Question, how many African teams can beat Croatia, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal and England?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

I agree. Unfortunately it is not going to be possible to reduce the number of teams from Europe hence the move to increase the number of teams from other confederations
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:54 pm A lot of these European teams are beatable if only we took some care. There is nothing special about the likes of Croatia, Serbia, Switzerland, Wales, Denmark etc for me. They are solid sides, no doubt, but you can turn them over.

True, but you have to be equally solid to turn them over...On and off the field.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I think Croatia is a very good European football team. We've beaten Germany, Argentina, Spain, Holland, Denmark, England, and Italy at the World Cup or European Championship. Sometimes deep into the competition. We've only been competing in the World Cup since 1998 as an independent country, where we not only made it but took 3rd place. Obviously we're current vice champion, 2nd in 2018.

Keep in mind Croatia also convincingly beat Cameroon and Nigeria at the World Cup.

So is Croatia really in the same category as Serbia, Switzerland, and Wales? I'm not saying we're special, but I like to think we're better than these countries. Just saying...since you mentioned Croatia.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

And even traditional power house Germany lost to Mexico, Korea or Japan at recent World Cups. Brazil remains the only true special team, the last time they lost to some "easy" opponent was in 1998 against Norway when they already won the group. Germany used to be similar.

For me Brazil is the last remaining power house, i.e. where the underdogs chances are close to zero. The rest is beatable.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

I don’t think the top 5-6 teams are the same for every World Cup cycle. The point remains that Europe’s many places is often justified by the performances and results. It might look a little different if you look at performances by the teams that are below the top tier.

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kofi86 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:11 pm And even traditional power house Germany lost to Mexico, Korea or Japan at recent World Cups. Brazil remains the only true special team, the last time they lost to some "easy" opponent was in 1998 against Norway when they already won the group. Germany used to be similar.

For me Brazil is the last remaining power house, i.e. where the underdogs chances are close to zero. The rest is beatable.
Brazil doesn't lose to "minnows" but they fall to credible opposition.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wazobia wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:26 pm I don’t think the top 5-6 teams are the same for every World Cup cycle. The point remains that Europe’s many places is often justified by the performances and results. It might look a little different if you look at performances by the teams that are below the top tier.
But they have many entrants nah. A lot of tournament play is luck, and the more entrants you have the more your chances.

Plus, a lot of these competitions are mainly played in Europe, and there is clearly an advantage in that.

At the end of the day, if you added Egypt, Nigeria, Algeria, CIV, and maybe even Zambia to this WC, Africa's chances will go up. They are certainly as good or better than many Nations there
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm
wazobia wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:26 pm I don’t think the top 5-6 teams are the same for every World Cup cycle. The point remains that Europe’s many places is often justified by the performances and results. It might look a little different if you look at performances by the teams that are below the top tier.
But they have many entrants nah. A lot of tournament play is luck, and the more entrants you have the more your chances.

Plus, a lot of these competitions are mainly played in Europe, and there is clearly an advantage in that.

At the end of the day, if you added Egypt, Nigeria, Algeria, CIV, and maybe even Zambia to this WC, Africa's chances will go up. They are certainly as good or better than many Nations there
I agree. A lot of the arguments made to justify the places Europe has compared with Africa for example are not fair IMHO. 2026 make up of teams will go some way towards addressing the imbalance

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

wazobia wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:12 pm

I agree. A lot of the arguments made to justify the places Europe has compared with Africa for example are not fair IMHO. 2026 make up of teams will go some way towards addressing the imbalance
WC 2026 could be a total mess if FIFA sticks with its plan of 3 team groups as per the utter shame of Germany and Austria back then colluding to eliminate a great Algerian team
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:01 pm I think Croatia is a very good European football team. We've beaten Germany, Argentina, Spain, Holland, Denmark, England, and Italy at the World Cup or European Championship. Sometimes deep into the competition. We've only been competing in the World Cup since 1998 as an independent country, where we not only made it but took 3rd place. Obviously we're current vice champion, 2nd in 2018.

Keep in mind Croatia also convincingly beat Cameroon and Nigeria at the World Cup.

So is Croatia really in the same category as Serbia, Switzerland, and Wales? I'm not saying we're special, but I like to think we're better than these countries. Just saying...since you mentioned Croatia.

Ah ha! But have you beaten Brazil or France at the WC? You don’t graduate into the big boy’s club until you beat either of those two at the WC.

Just kidding! Croatia are a dammed good footballing power. In fact I have them as dark horses to win this WC!

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What a daft thread. It’s like the guy who wasn’t invited to the party saying he heard the food was bad. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:05 am
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:01 pm I think Croatia is a very good European football team. We've beaten Germany, Argentina, Spain, Holland, Denmark, England, and Italy at the World Cup or European Championship. Sometimes deep into the competition. We've only been competing in the World Cup since 1998 as an independent country, where we not only made it but took 3rd place. Obviously we're current vice champion, 2nd in 2018.

Ah ha! But have you beaten Brazil or France at the WC? You don’t graduate into the big boy’s club until you beat either of those two at the WC.

Just kidding! Croatia are a dammed good footballing power. In fact I have them as dark horses to win this WC!
who has Croatia defeated in this world cup sef? Please do not use Canada as a yardstick. They just started playing football,When Croatia started playing football, didn't they get hammered as well? Spain beat them 6-0? A team Nigeria eliminated in the world cup

SuperEagles

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

You've just named basically the 2 best football powers of the past 20 years.

I fancy our chances with Brazil. We did beat France in our Nations League group recently, but that's not real competition. France beat us twice in the WC...in a semi and a final. And beat us in the Euros.

Croatia is not tier 1 Europe. We have to prove it like you said to be that. We need to win a WC or Euro.

We can keep trying, right?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:23 am

who has Croatia defeated in this world cup sef? Please do not use Canada as a yardstick. They just started playing football,When Croatia started playing football, didn't they get hammered as well? Spain beat them 6-0? A team Nigeria eliminated in the world cup

So what? That was Nations League, after we finished 2nd in the World Cup, a real competition. We were tired and had not yet transitioned in youth. We are a small country and not as well organized for this transition and competition.

But you know what? Transition we did. Only 5 players remain from WC 2018. Plenty of young stars, up and comers.

You talk about development and preparation. Well, you cited the start. At the end of the cycle, Croatia won their League 1 against France, Austria, and Denmark, getting play in the final 4 next summer of Nations League.

Most importantly, Croatia developed a strong good squad. You're watching it right now. We tied but still were the better team against a strong Morocco. We crushed a Canada that outplayed and got robbed against Belgium.

Let's see how we do against Belgium. But whatever happens, so far I'm proud of the team. If we falter, so be it...I know we are 1-2 forwards away from being a complete team yet again.

Check our roster out. Peace.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

AreaDaddy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:57 pm
wazobia wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:12 pm

WC 2026 could be a total mess if FIFA sticks with its plan of 3 team groups as per the utter shame of Germany and Austria back then colluding to eliminate a great Algerian team
Germany and Austria colluded in a 4 team group game in 1982. Incidentally that World Cup also had a second round with 3 team groups which was exciting. The only issue I can see is the possibility of a dead rubber final group game between the two teams that lost if a team wins the first two games

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'