[WC 2022] South Korea 2-3 Ghana FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] South Korea 2-3 Ghana

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:33 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:13 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm Been really impressed by Ghana's defensive organization. Breaks down occasionally but as Felarey rightly noted its a good template to work with. Just need to see this thru
Their coach has a good future, God willing.

Listened closely to him before the games vs Nigeria and you could tell he was well into the modern dynamics of coaching esp from the data analytics side, having been raised entirely in the Dortmund school...

Not like our youtube coaches rehashing 1994 in 2022..
Remind us when he was hired again?

These 1v1 comparisons are misplaced and shows insufficient analysis and understanding.

Nigeria as a team was in a better place than Ghana before the ANC.

Between the end of ANC and start of the WCQs, Ghana had made up ground, while Nigeria was declining steadily...
Read my blog. I said it was a contest between two dysfunctional FAs...

Its about building stones. Does it enhance or detract?
My friend, no one gives a shitt about your blog. Anyone can do blogs. African teams, in particular, only have an opportunity to improve when they are preparing for a tournament. Nigeria, out of the World Cup, had no incentive to improve. Ghana, on the other hand, had every reason to get better❗️

Cheers.

The incentive to improve is ALWAYS THERE.
Its often the will that differentiates...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] South Korea 2-3 Ghana FT

Post by gosh »

The only issue with this Ghana team is that they have inserted a lot of new players and have not played together for long, in addition to a new coach and technical bench.
Hopefully, they jell even better after the WC with more friendlies and the next CAN.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Partey has been underwhelming so far, he needs to control that midfield more
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

just watched, glad no one spoiled for me, mighty mighty black stars.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How about them Ghana boys?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:22 pm How about them Ghana boys?
You only show up when the team wins.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:35 pm
You only show up when the team wins.
Massa, I was busy travelling
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Toxicarrow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:10 pm Very disciplined defensive play by Black Stars. Last 15 minutes were essentially played in Ghana's zone. Overall, Black Stars held their ground and survived the Korean onslaught (sp). Hopefully, Song and his boys can defend a thing or two from Black Stars on how to defend tactically. Very well-organized defensive line in the last 15 minutes.
That was a terrible defensive play by the Black Stars. Defending so deep late into the match. The ball was permanently played in their 18 yard box for like 15mins! They could not even clear their lines. They are fortunate the Koreans are not Olympic divers. Try that with Argentina or Spain and see what happens.

Ghana should be able to play better than this overall.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm Been really impressed by Ghana's defensive organization. Breaks down occasionally but as Felarey rightly noted its a good template to work with. Just need to see this thru

Listened closely to him before the games vs Nigeria and you could tell he was well into the modern dynamics of coaching esp from the data analytics side, having been raised entirely in the Dortmund school...

He may not be a worldbeater as yet, but you can see the element are there...
Would like to know what has happened to ALL those raised in that Dortmund School. They must be in their hundreds at least!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

These 1v1 comparisons are misplaced and shows insufficient analysis and understanding.

Between the end of ANC and start of the WCQs, Ghana had made up ground, while Nigeria was declining steadily...

And the Youtube coaches lost to the same data analytics coach on away goals rule after a GIFT from the GK.

Still better than the massage applying Berti Stash that was touted as the best since slice bread!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Er...CRawlings, when will I get my Breda passport? Er...my mama is half Ghana. :sneaky: :D
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 pm

And the Youtube coaches lost to the same data analytics coach on away goals rule after a GIFT from the GK.

Still better than the massage applying Berti Stash that was touted as the best since slice bread!
:lol:
Don't mind the failed U-6 coach txj. Always talking textbook football. :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 pm

See above

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

They were solid today. Proud of the product and rooting for them to beat Uruguay in the next game.

Dont get it twisted, I am rooting for a country minus one citizen....you! :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:34 pm

My friend, no one gives a shitt about your blog. Anyone can do blogs. African teams, in particular, only have an opportunity to improve when they are preparing for a tournament. Nigeria, out of the World Cup, had no incentive to improve. Ghana, on the other hand, had every reason to get better❗️

Cheers.

But TTTK is right. The incentive for us to improve wasn't there.

The worst thing for us was the display and outcome against Egypt...

And us blaming the Refs for the outcome against Tunisia.

Ghana had nowhere to go but up. And playing a Naijarian team they have always had the upper hand against didn't hurt them either.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:15 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:34 pm

Cheers.

But TTTK is right. The incentive for us to improve wasn't there.

The worst thing for us was the display and outcome against Egypt...

And us blaming the Refs for the outcome against Tunisia.

Ghana had nowhere to go but up. And playing a Naijarian team they have always had the upper hand against didn't hurt them either.

it is the will that is lacking. From both the leaders and followers like you lot who make excuses for them...

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...did they smoke hashishi before this match? They need to import more for the last match :lol: