[WC 2022]Portugal vs Uruguay 2-0

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
[WC 2022]Portugal vs Uruguay 2-0

Post by Bigpokey24 »

is it Cron or bruno's
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [WC 2022]Portugal vs Uruguay 1-0

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this Uruguay no be am.. to me they are out
SuperEagles

gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

If Uruguay had taken most of their chances, they could have actually been leading in this game.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

PK to Portugal
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is funny Uruguay players ruffing the pk spot
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Uruguay isn't beating Ghana.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Portugal are impressive
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

2-0 Portugal! Revenge for knocking them out in R16 last WC.

Now Uruguay are in the same position that Argentina was in before the last round of 1st round games last WC, with 1 point after 2 games

Ghana are in the same position that Nigeria was in last WC, with 3 points after 2 games

Can Uruguay do an Argentina on Ghana in the last game? Or will Ghene get their revenge for 12 years ago?

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:58 pm 2-0 Portugal! Revenge for knocking them out in R16 last WC.

Now Uruguay are in the same position that Argentina was in before the last round of 1st round games last WC, with 1 point after 2 games

Ghana are in the same position that Nigeria was in last WC, with 3 points after 2 games

Can Uruguay do an Argentina on Ghana in the last game? Or will Ghene get their revenge for 12 years ago?
ghan is going to park that bus and the worst result they will get is a draw
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: [WC 2022]Portugal vs Uruguay 2-0

Post by Cellular »

I just want Ghana to imagine it is Naijaria that they are playing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I only watched the last 10 mins.

But that penalty is a joke. How in hell can that be intentional? The Uruguayan has to brace himself as he falls and is not even playing the ball.

FIFA is a joke. You know the official will call in favor of the more favored team the majority of the time. Either through conspiracy, yeah it still happens, or sheer bias.

Croatia gets shafted a lot against the favored teams like this. You all know a lot of African teams get the same treatment. BS.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Just imagine Ghana and Uruguay playing to a draw and Korea beats Portugal...

Choi... BigP and Danfo will have a brofest.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 pm I only watched the last 10 mins.

But that penalty is a joke. How in hell can that be intentional? The Uruguayan has to brace himself as he falls and is not even playing the ball.

FIFA is a joke. You know the official will call in favor of the more favored team the majority of the time. Either through conspiracy, yeah it still happens, or sheer bias.

Croatia gets shafted a lot against the favored teams like this. You all know a lot of African teams get the same treatment. BS.
They have to make money... they don't like the none sexy teams. Not good for business.

I mean, with 4 million Croats it is like bad market for FIFA.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:00 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:58 pm 2-0 Portugal! Revenge for knocking them out in R16 last WC.

ghan is going to park that bus and the worst result they will get is a draw
Ghana pretty much controls their destiny. A draw probably gets the Black Stars passage. I doubt SK can beat much less outscore even a lazy Portugal.

I'm not sure however if Ghana should play too defensive against Uruguay. Then again, Uruguay doesn't seem offensive imposing. But, I'm looking forward to a game where 1 team simply needs the victory.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:08 pm

They have to make money... they don't like the none sexy teams. Not good for business.

I know. It sucks.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I am conflicted by the pk, I don't think it was intentional, however, he stopped a great goal-scoring chance. Any, I am not too impressed by either side. Portugal is pedestrian in their build-up and Uruguay were negative and rough until they went a goal down. They deserved to lose.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ghana better whoop this useless Uruguay!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:10 pm Ghana better whoop this useless Uruguay!
Rough and negative and I don't even know why. They have good players
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:09 pm

I know. It sucks.
Conspiracy Theory United, LLC

Its a poor rule, but it IS a rule...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:27 pm

I know. It sucks.

You know by now I am the last guy who promotes conspiracy theories.

But FIFA has a sordid history of this, where a lot comes out.

I've watched global football since the early 80s and have seen some naked fixing at the highest level.

One of my 1st was the 1982 WC Yugoslavia vs host Spain...Velimir Zajec fouled a Spanish forward well outside the box because if Spain lost, they'd go out in the 1st round. Famous photo. Look at 1:39 of this video.

There are so many examples. Heck, in the same WC Schumacher of W Germany knocked out Battiston of France but didn't even get a foul. In a semifinal, materially impacting the result.

Refs will favor the home or glamor team these days. It's not as egregious, but maybe even more effective given the small margins. One last example: Brazil got 2 gifts against Croatia in their home WC 2014 opener...no way in hell would the ref let them take < 3 points. Phantom penalty, total dive.

But when Perisic can't avoid a handball in human time against France at WC 2018, out comes VAR. Just in time application. FIFA can f*** itself.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Uruguay were humbled today, am glad about that. Suarez did not have the chance to use his hand.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 pm

I know. It sucks.

I've watched global football since the early 80s and have seen some naked fixing at the highest level.

One of my 1st was the 1982 WC Yugoslavia vs host Spain...Velimir Zajec fouled a Spanish forward well outside the box because if Spain lost, they'd go out in the 1st round. Famous photo. Look at 1:39 of this video.

There are so many examples. Heck, in the same WC Schumacher of W Germany knocked out Battiston of France but didn't even get a foul. In a semifinal, materially impacting the result.

Refs will favor the home or glamor team these days. It's not as egregious, but maybe even more effective given the small margins. One last example: Brazil got 2 gifts against Croatia in their home WC 2014 opener...no way in hell would the ref let them take < 3 points. Phantom penalty, total dive.

But when Perisic can't avoid a handball in human time against France at WC 2018, out comes VAR. Just in time application. FIFA can f*** itself.

Even with VAR, we still have missed calls.
How that rises to a conspiracy is only in the mind of conspiracy theorists...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:21 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 pm

I know. It sucks.

Even with VAR, we still have missed calls.
How that rises to a conspiracy is only in the mind of conspiracy theorists...

So you don't think FIFA has ever fixed results?