[WC 2022]Portugal vs Uruguay 2-0

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022]Portugal vs Uruguay 2-0

Post by joao »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 am So you don't think FIFA has ever fixed results?
If FIFA can award the World Cup to Qatar with everyone watching, the organization
surely made many 'under the table' fixes during 'the dark ages'. Think 1966. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

joao wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:19 am
mate wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 am So you don't think FIFA has ever fixed results?
If FIFA can award the World Cup to Qatar with everyone watching, the organization
surely made many 'under the table' fixes during 'the dark ages'. Think 1966. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm frankly surprised TXJ has doubts on this.

FIFA is corrupt and has fixed in the past.

Like I said, it seems to have gotten less egregious and, in a manner of speaking, conspiratorial.

The margins are smaller, needing less people involved and less effort. Like an official hearing: You know Brazil are such a great sport, playing at home, in a great WC that will generate a lot of passion, legends, and money...only if they start out with a win, heaven forbid if that doesn't happen.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm I just want Ghana to imagine it is Naijaria that they are playing.
Not Possible
There is only One Naija
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 am
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:21 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:27 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:09 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:08 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 pm I only watched the last 10 mins.

But that penalty is a joke. How in hell can that be intentional? The Uruguayan has to brace himself as he falls and is not even playing the ball.

FIFA is a joke. You know the official will call in favor of the more favored team the majority of the time. Either through conspiracy, yeah it still happens, or sheer bias.

Croatia gets shafted a lot against the favored teams like this. You all know a lot of African teams get the same treatment. BS.
They have to make money... they don't like the none sexy teams. Not good for business.

I mean, with 4 million Croats it is like bad market for FIFA.

I know. It sucks.
Conspiracy Theory United, LLC

Its a poor rule, but it IS a rule...

You know by now I am the last guy who promotes conspiracy theories.

But FIFA has a sordid history of this, where a lot comes out.

I've watched global football since the early 80s and have seen some naked fixing at the highest level.

One of my 1st was the 1982 WC Yugoslavia vs host Spain...Velimir Zajec fouled a Spanish forward well outside the box because if Spain lost, they'd go out in the 1st round. Famous photo. Look at 1:39 of this video.

There are so many examples. Heck, in the same WC Schumacher of W Germany knocked out Battiston of France but didn't even get a foul. In a semifinal, materially impacting the result.

Refs will favor the home or glamor team these days. It's not as egregious, but maybe even more effective given the small margins. One last example: Brazil got 2 gifts against Croatia in their home WC 2014 opener...no way in hell would the ref let them take < 3 points. Phantom penalty, total dive.

But when Perisic can't avoid a handball in human time against France at WC 2018, out comes VAR. Just in time application. FIFA can f*** itself.

Even with VAR, we still have missed calls.
How that rises to a conspiracy is only in the mind of conspiracy theorists...

So you don't think FIFA has ever fixed results?

Only in the minds of conspiracy theorists...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:55 pm
mate wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 am
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:21 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:27 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:09 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:08 pm

They have to make money... they don't like the none sexy teams. Not good for business.

I mean, with 4 million Croats it is like bad market for FIFA.

I know. It sucks.
Conspiracy Theory United, LLC

Its a poor rule, but it IS a rule...

You know by now I am the last guy who promotes conspiracy theories.

But FIFA has a sordid history of this, where a lot comes out.

I've watched global football since the early 80s and have seen some naked fixing at the highest level.

One of my 1st was the 1982 WC Yugoslavia vs host Spain...Velimir Zajec fouled a Spanish forward well outside the box because if Spain lost, they'd go out in the 1st round. Famous photo. Look at 1:39 of this video.

There are so many examples. Heck, in the same WC Schumacher of W Germany knocked out Battiston of France but didn't even get a foul. In a semifinal, materially impacting the result.

Refs will favor the home or glamor team these days. It's not as egregious, but maybe even more effective given the small margins. One last example: Brazil got 2 gifts against Croatia in their home WC 2014 opener...no way in hell would the ref let them take < 3 points. Phantom penalty, total dive.

But when Perisic can't avoid a handball in human time against France at WC 2018, out comes VAR. Just in time application. FIFA can f*** itself.

Even with VAR, we still have missed calls.
How that rises to a conspiracy is only in the mind of conspiracy theorists...

So you don't think FIFA has ever fixed results?

Only in the minds of conspiracy theorists...

Wow.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?