England are already talking Quater Finals

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England are already talking Quater Finals

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:14 pm
marko wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:16 pm
marko wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:34 am England- Senegal will be a repeat of world cup 1990, might be a tall order for Senegal, England will find a way, either by hook or crook, if Senegal surprises me, i will be estastic just like everyone else but i am not setting up myself for another depression like Nigeria-Italy USA 1994 or Cameroon-England 1990! England has too many options this time around
this is the same thing they said vs the USA.. ok ooo
these are facts, this time around England comes with some world class talent, both on the pitch and on the bench, i do not think there is much between both sides, but its these small details that will ensure England goes through, one thing for sure, Senegal will have to be focused for 90 mins! the fire power England has this time around has been their best in the last 30-40 years!
CAn you list the teams, England faced before the game vs Senegal?
does not matter, you beat what is in front of you, remember England played at the last world cup semi-finals and finals at the Euro 2021! surely this must account for something, they have a team that can go all the way to the finals and even win it! they have improved as a football playing nation, all the evidence is out there for all to see, in my heart i want Senegal to win but at the same time, there is reality, England surely start as favorites and too much fire power up front
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

see the English..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:27 pm
marko wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:34 am England- Senegal will be a repeat of world cup 1990, might be a tall order for Senegal, England will find a way, either by hook or crook, if Senegal surprises me, i will be estastic just like everyone else but i am not setting up myself for another depression like Nigeria-Italy USA 1994 or Cameroon-England 1990! England has too many options this time around
these are facts, this time around England comes with some world class talent, both on the pitch and on the bench, i do not think there is much between both sides, but its these small details that will ensure England goes through, one thing for sure, Senegal will have to be focused for 90 mins! the fire power England has this time around has been their best in the last 30-40 years!
does not matter, you beat what is in front of you, remember England played at the last world cup semi-finals and finals at the Euro 2021! surely this must account for something, they have a team that can go all the way to the finals and even win it! they have improved as a football playing nation, all the evidence is out there for all to see, in my heart i want Senegal to win but at the same time, there is reality, England surely start as favorites and too much fire power up front
The Euros was so weak . The winner of the Euros couldn't even qualify for the Worldcup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:39 pm

see the English..kai
i dont really like talk sport but this was quite balanced, of course every English man will be optimistic and fancy their chances against Senegal, one guy said the difference will be in the final 3rd, yes that is what i believe as well, Rashford, Foden, kane, Saka, Grealish, Sterling, there are goals between these lot, they play at the highest level week in week out, like imagine, it will be a tiny margin of errors, the Senegalese striker, cant remember his name, very wasteful in front of goal, its the differences that will count, Like i said, i hope Senegal goes and does the business but it will be a longgg night indeed!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:51 pm
marko wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:27 pm
The Euros was so weak . The winner of the Euros couldn't even qualify for the World cup
Please lets give respect where its due, you can only beat the opponents in front of you! England current side are very good and can go all the way, they have the players, Senegal will have to be at their very best to win this game

Marko
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I would so love to see Senegal knock out England. I would just cancel Christmas in my house, they would be no need to celebrate it twice in one year. :biggrin:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I have a feeling Southgate-man and his Brexiters will brexit on Sunday.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:16 pm I would so love to see Senegal knock out England. I would just cancel Christmas in my house, they would be no need to celebrate it twice in one year. :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is the funniest thing I have read all year. :thumbs:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:16 pm I would so love to see Senegal knock out England. I would just cancel Christmas in my house, they would be no need to celebrate it twice in one year. :biggrin:
Amen!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

England weak link is Maguire, he is slow and prone to errors when put under pressure, i hope the Senegalese coach knows this and put him under pressure, he will cave in and give away needless fouls, even a penalty, Stones is more a calm and assured defender, same applies to Walker, tough as nuts!

Marko
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:11 am England weak link is Maguire, he is slow and prone to errors when put under pressure, i hope the Senegalese coach knows this and put him under pressure, he will cave in and give away needless fouls, even a penalty, Stones is more a calm and assured defender, same applies to Walker, tough as nuts!
Everyone in Ghana knows :rotf: , so hopefully folks in Senegal know too

---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Bros I know say I run my mouth the last time, but it’s time to call the alfas, pastors, bablawos, ifa, wolis and atheists if the ABEG persuasion. The Senegalese must prevail.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:11 am England weak link is Maguire, he is slow and prone to errors when put under pressure, i hope the Senegalese coach knows this and put him under pressure, he will cave in and give away needless fouls, even a penalty, Stones is more a calm and assured defender, same applies to Walker, tough as nuts!
Harry Mac has been England’s best player so far but maybe he will revert back to recent type vs Senegal
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

after watching g Ghana today, my hopes have diminished a bit, from what I can seem Morocco presents the real threat to proceed to the quarter-finals, I am still iffy about Senegal chances! just don't know where the goals are coming from

Marko
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

England and arrogance going together like unseasoned roast beef and bland boiled vegetables since 1966.

---
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Walker, with a few yards head start, might match Mbappe on one or two occasions, repeated exposure would recede his hair transplant to a papal bald patch. But long before Les Bleus, who themselves are far from guaranteed progression, there’s the Lions of Teranga.

If Senegal can match the work rate of the US during the group stages, that could well be out of sight before Southgate can summon the calvary.

The patient, pedestrianised, energy saving ethos of earlier matches will be pummelled into whatever local delicatessen is favoured in Dakar. England will need to matched stride for stride. Game plan will most certainly be the quick counter with Rashford and Sterling/Foden fielded for that very purpose.

Far from a foregone conclusion but the Lions of St George have the advantage in terms of arms and munitions. But even the rusty derringer, fired well, makes its mark on the battlefield. If Southgate sticks with the back four, Senegal’s chances are bettered, the switch to a three, would make for a tougher task.

There’s a surprise or two yet to unfold, an outside bet to make the last 4 perhaps. Decent wagers all round.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:40 am They are saying the will meet France or Brazil
... and such is what will SINK England.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

hestonap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:17 pm
Bros I know say I run my mouth the last time, but it’s time to call the alfas, pastors, bablawos, ifa, wolis and atheists if the ABEG persuasion. The Senegalese must prevail.
KPAM!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

England will be favourites but they should not have one eye on the quarter-final because they will be punished. - The Guardian
They may sit 13 places lower than England in the Fifa world rankings, but Senegal have a squad packed full of talent, even without injured superstar Sadio Mane.
"We know we will be favourites in terms of rankings but Senegal will be a very dangerous side," said England manager Gareth Southgate. -BBC
Declan Rice is under no illusions as to the test Senegal will present England in the last 16 of the World Cup on Sunday. And Rice, who will likely be at the heart of a key battle in the midfield at Al Khor, knows Senegal are not to be taken lightly.
“I think we’ve had a really good focus throughout the three group games – three really tough group games as well – but we’re onto a bigger test and we know Senegal are going to be really tough,” Rice told a press conference. -The Analyst
I’ve told you guys to stop reading trashy tabloids. I know old habits die hard but the quality papers are still free online. Read them! :taunt: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 pm
England will be favourites but they should not have one eye on the quarter-final because they will be punished. - The Guardian
They may sit 13 places lower than England in the Fifa world rankings, but Senegal have a squad packed full of talent, even without injured superstar Sadio Mane.
"We know we will be favourites in terms of rankings but Senegal will be a very dangerous side," said England manager Gareth Southgate. -BBC
Declan Rice is under no illusions as to the test Senegal will present England in the last 16 of the World Cup on Sunday. And Rice, who will likely be at the heart of a key battle in the midfield at Al Khor, knows Senegal are not to be taken lightly.
“I think we’ve had a really good focus throughout the three group games – three really tough group games as well – but we’re onto a bigger test and we know Senegal are going to be really tough,” Rice told a press conference. -The Analyst
I’ve told you guys to stop reading trashy tabloids. I know old habits die hard but the quality papers are still free online. Read them! :taunt: :rotf: :rotf:
Doc,
We don’t need the tabloids to rile up our logical and illogical hatred to be ABEG. We will create our own reality to steam up the dislike. Fall they must. Further illogicality ? England losing, somehow the black players in the team playing well enough not to be picked on by the daily hell’s readers but England still losing. Not my business how to reconcile the poor logic as long as Senegal prevails.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:42 am Not as comfy as y’all. England simply has too many weapons

Plus I Gueye is suspended
Gueye’s absence is most unfortunate. I hope, and pray, Senegal will find a solution. Someone on whom England has no scouting may workout better than having Gueye who plies his trade in Everton.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ok, I have to admit I also think England is a reasonable favorite in this one. Agreeing with those who say Senegal might have trouble scoring. England also tends to beat non elite teams in knockout.

But as usual, my English fan friends are saying England has an easier path to the final again and will get it. Same as it ever was.

I maintain England will lose to a France, Portugal, or Spain. Just don't have their level of skill, composure, and efficiency...and usually wind up huffing, puffing, and chasing games against them.

They remain a whole = sum of decent but not great parts. Kane? Bellingham? Grealish? Saka? Sterling? Rashford? Just don't see it.

But maybe I'll be proven wrong?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

hestonap wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:29 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 pm
Doc,
We don’t need the tabloids to rile up our logical and illogical hatred to be ABEG. We will create our own reality to steam up the dislike. Fall they must. Further illogicality ? England losing, somehow the black players in the team playing well enough not to be picked on by the daily hell’s readers but England still losing. Not my business how to reconcile the poor logic as long as Senegal prevails.
We know.
It is the pain you guys so visibly experience when England win that gives us so much entertainment.
As e dey pain una, na so e dey sweet us.

Unfortunately, the reverse is not the case because we don’t particularly care for England.
It’s just the pleasure of seeing irrational haters suffering.

Fortunately, tomorrow we are all on the same page becos of Senegal.
But if Senegal lose, it won’t hurt so much becos you people’s anguish will reduce the pain of the defeat. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "