The French African all-star team...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
The French African all-star team...

Post by bushboy »

It is mind boggling the number of African brothers this European nation has stolen. I hope to see "team Africa" win it all again this year.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The French African all-star team...

Post by mate »

The perspectives on his are interesting. You say stolen. Some say cheating. Some take pride, some deride.

I don't have any issue with this French team. Everything is by the book. These players are ultimately French. And a good benchmark against which to aspire...especially my country Croatia, USA too. :)

Croatia lost to France in the 1998 and 2018 WCs. We finally beat them in the Nations League, winning our tier 1 group. But you always knew even in the latter France has more gears, not least because of players of African heritage. I'd love Croatia to play France again. Preferably in the final! And win. :thumbs:

BTW: Christian Pulisic like me is Croatian-American. Croatia tried hard to recruit him. They got him a passport so he could play in Europe at age 16.

Croatia has a formal program to identify, develop, and recruit Croatian ancestry abroad. They advise and even fund kids to get into academies in their countries. Some countries have complied bitterly, especially Bosnia, Germany, and Australia.

Here is a list of Croatians Croatia stole from other countries on our current national team:

Josip Sutalo: Bosnia
Dejan Lovren: Bosnia
Mateo Kovacic: Austria
Josip Stanisic: Germany
Mario Pasalic: Germany
Luka Sucic: Germany
Ante Budimir: Germany

This makes a MASSIVE difference from a small country like us. I think we push the letter of the law more than France. Most French black players were born in France. Unfortunately racists also attack France on this, claiming they're not really French. Ignoring what Croatia does to actively recruit from abroad.

One last point. Remember Brazilian Eduardo who played for Croatia? Brilliant forward who became world class for Croatia and Arsenal. Before an English player broke his leg, basically ending his career? He was recruited and naturalized. Married a Croatian and lives in Zagreb.

Is Eduardo stolen?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

born, raised, trained, in France but stolen... ok.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I say "stolen" because that is exactly what it is. The value of these African lads is tied exclusively to how they can be "used" to bring glory to France. They are pawns. Big, strong black men who you cheer for on the soccer pitch but you wouldn't want dating your daughter or moving next door to you.
I am a big believer that no black person should ever feel any sense of pride or honor representing any European or white nation. They all were built on a history or violence and pillaging of Africa and other nations.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:58 pm I say "stolen" because that is exactly what it is. The value of these African lads is tied exclusively to how they can be "used" to bring glory to France. They are pawns. Big, strong black men who you cheer for on the soccer pitch but you wouldn't want dating your daughter or moving next door to you.
I am a big believer that no black person should ever feel any sense of pride or honor representing any European or white nation. They all were built on a history or violence and pillaging of Africa and other nations.
Black people largely don’t have any sense of pride. I see people in the diaspora celebrating their children being commissioned into the British, French or US armed forces almost as if it is the second coming of Christ🤐❗️

Cheers.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:04 pm
bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:58 pm I say "stolen" because that is exactly what it is. The value of these African lads is tied exclusively to how they can be "used" to bring glory to France. They are pawns. Big, strong black men who you cheer for on the soccer pitch but you wouldn't want dating your daughter or moving next door to you.
Black people largely don’t have any sense of pride. I see people in the diaspora celebrating their children being commissioned into the British, French or US armed forces almost as if it is the second coming of Christ🤐❗️

Cheers.
Sad. Very sad.
Who will be next?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Do such views extend to Christianity’s curriculum or are they reserved for sports and entertainment? One has often observed the most charismatic “back to Africas”, are front row, any given Sunday, ol’ blonde hair and blue eyed portraits decorating their parlours. Irony.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

This post is bitter but packed full of nutrients :clap:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Cheers.
Hmm… this matter na anoda whole kettle of fish ma broda. This na why I say Olodo boku for home and diaspora (including all of dem “most educated”, degree holders)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cheers.
...absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is an achievement, whether na for here or there.
Especially if those kids were born and raised in France, does that not make them citizens of the land where they were born, and participate in activities, civic duties, vote and what not. Where cares about who they date, or sleep with.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:20 pm

Cheers.
...absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is an achievement, whether na for here or there.
Especially if those kids were born and raised in France, does that not make them citizens of the land where they were born, and participate in activities, civic duties, vote and what not. Where cares about who they date, or sleep with.
I wasn’t going to respond to such ill-considered comments but obviously, you are a Nigerian in name alone, not in your heart. I have no problem with individuals doing what they have to do for self-development but there are things that shouldn’t be celebrated. Don’t you know what those armed forces represent? What if one of them is sent on a mission to your village and ends up murdering your close relatives? Would you still be proud?

I might be the only one here who felt uncomfortable seeing George Weah, President of Liberia and the foremost Liberian football personality, cheering on the US in their game against Wales. I can’t imagine that the message to Liberians was positive in any way❗️

Cheers.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:58 pm It is mind boggling the number of African brothers this European nation has stolen. I hope to see "team Africa" win it all again this year.
stolen??
They run away because our leaders fail to lead, leading to poverty.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

If they are stolen, then it means they're illegitimate french citizens. Can't have it both ways. I don't believe anyone steals a citizen of a country to represent them but if anyone did, it is those that rush to switch a kid's allegiance with FIFA and earnestly cap him.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Coach wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:30 pm Do such views extend to Christianity’s curriculum or are they reserved for sports and entertainment? One has often observed the most charismatic “back to Africas”, are front row, any given Sunday, ol’ blonde hair and blue eyed portraits decorating their parlours. Irony.
It extends. I laugh at any black man who identifies as "christian" a religion handed to us by the white man to keep us passive and docile. Believing some grey haired man in the heavens compels slaves to "obey their masters" how idiotic!!

I say again, any black man worth his salt should NEVER don the colors of his white oppressors in sports or in the military. Watching France play makes me uncomfortable. I see a bunch of African slaves performing for the opportunity to win a cup and go "home" to present it to a white man.
Who will be next?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:40 pm

Cheers.
I wasn’t going to respond to such ill-considered comments but obviously, you are a Nigerian in name alone, not in your heart. I have no problem with individuals doing what they have to do for self-development but there are things that shouldn’t be celebrated. Don’t you know what those armed forces represent? What if one of them is sent on a mission to your village and ends up murdering your close relatives? Would you still be proud?

I might be the only one here who felt uncomfortable seeing George Weah, President of Liberia and the foremost Liberian football personality, cheering on the US in their game against Wales. I can’t imagine that the message to Liberians was positive in any way❗️

Cheers.
...if he couldn't cheer for his son, why not suggest for him to not play football, or even represent his country? I wonder if you have kids, and willing to be proud of what they are doing no matter for whom.
Btw, when you are in a military you swore allegiance to defend and follow the authority, you against it you become a traitor. That's the law in every country.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:52 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:40 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
...if he couldn't cheer for his son, why not suggest for him to not play football, or even represent his country? I wonder if you have kids, and willing to be proud of what they are doing no matter for whom.
Btw, when you are in a military you swore allegiance to defend and follow the authority, you against it you become a traitor. That's the law in every country.
All the more reason why, as a Nigerian parent, you shouldn’t encourage your children to serve in a foreign military because you might end up having an unmanageable conflict of interest❗️

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

felarey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:57 am
If they are stolen, then it means they're illegitimate french citizens. Can't have it both ways. I don't believe anyone steals a citizen of a country to represent them but if anyone did, it is those that rush to switch a kid's allegiance with FIFA and earnestly cap him.
its not ok for the white man to tell them they are not french, but its ok for a black man who isn't french to tell them they aren't french. the nerve i tell ya.
Saints baby we did it
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief, your mistake is in thinking like a 19th century white racist and engaging in racialist thinking. For one thing, Africa is not a country, nor is it a race. Those stars are not "African," whatever that European invention means. That's primitive thinking. They are French nationals, mostly born there, and raised to that standard of excellence by the excellent French system of football. They have a right to play for the only nation most of them know. If you want to apply the word "stole" to players (though I reject such a term), it is when your own countries come to reap where they did not sow, taking players they did not train and raise to be outstanding players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:00 am
its not ok for the white man to tell them they are not french, but its ok for a black man who isn't french to tell them they aren't french. the nerve i tell ya.
Futcha you do have some sense. My racist French teacher, a woman from Paris, used to tell me that the French national team is not "really" French.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:04 am
Chief, your mistake is in thinking like a 19th century white racist and engaging in racialist thinking. For one thing, Africa is not a country, nor is it a race. Those stars are not "African," whatever that European invention means. That's primitive thinking. They are French nationals, mostly born there, and raised to that standard of excellence by the excellent French system of football. They have a right to play for the only nation most of them know. If you want to apply the word "stole" to players (though I reject such a term), it is when your own countries come to reap where they did not sow, taking players they did not train and raise to be outstanding players.
thank you clay, there is hope for you afterall.
Saints baby we did it
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:21 am
ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:04 am
thank you clay, there is hope for you afterall.
Ya’ll are two of my favorite people here. One of you I’ve actually met in real life. I need you both to get along in case we meet up at the WC in 4 years time.

@king Futcha…what’s the story with the name “clay” lol
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:08 am
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:00 am
Futcha you do have some sense. My racist French teacher, a woman from Paris, used to tell me that the French national team is not "really" French.
is it ok for a french woman living abroad to say who is french and who is not? At the very least most of these black guys are paying taxes in France.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cheers.
How about the Black people who left their countries and are enjoying the comfort of the west. How about those ones? Why aren't they back home building their countries? Where is their pride?

Wha choo looking at?!