[WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri) FT Morocco advance in 1st place to R16!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri)/CROATIA 0 BELGIUM 0

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:01 pm
green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:59 pm Lukaku crying like a baby after wasting 4 or more sitters. Martinez, gets the title of fraud of the century. Top 4!9 manager. Congratulations to Morocco and Croatia for a well deserved qualification
Lukaku has not recovered from the psychological trauma of returning to Chelski.

You guys ruined the guy for good.
this is a very unintelligent comment, how is it possible for the fans to ruin a player...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri) FT Morocco advance in 1st place to R16!

Post by airwolex »

Hmmm lukaku might not be your cup of tea but he is a very good striker. He was bad at Man U like 90% of their players at that time and he stunk up at Chelsea like most Chelsea strikers.

He is Belgium's all-time top striker for a reason
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri) FT Morocco advance in 1st place to R16!

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 pm So cute to see the media on Fox trying to support their friend, Martinez. hahahahahaha 1mbeciles! Because he sits with them on the panel from time to time, they dont want to say the truth about him
Actually Fox did a comedy skit on underperforming managers last night with Ocho Cinco as the therapist and Maurice Edu playing the mangers. They roasted Martinez, Southgate, the Canada manager and even USA’s Berhalter wasn’t spared :rotf:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 0 MOROCCO 1 (Ziyech)/CROATIA 0 BELGIUM 0

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:08 pm
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:55 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:23 pm technology i tell ya, should have stood as a pk.

FIFA again.

If that were France or Germany it would have stood.

Reviews showed no playable body part was offside, complete BS.

Belgium stole 3 points against Canada the same way.

Tight margin mean the game can be tipped.

Not your damn conspiracies again!!!!

I chose my words carefully: occasional rigging, definitely some bias...which I impact a LOT when the margins are so thin.

Jesus, you're too smart to believe otherwise.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦 Congrats to the Moroccans :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:03 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:54 pm this poku fella should have been playing.
Its Doku. And perhaps if he had been in form @ Rennes, rather than zero goals and assists, perhaps he would have started? You guys need to actually watch football, rather than using 5 minutes to determine how you would select a team.

The player who should be starting and the team built around him is Trossard.

Absolutely! Most here do not watch enough football...

Martinez has ridden his FA cup victory for more than a decade now...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:13 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:23 pm technology i tell ya, should have stood as a pk.

FIFA again.

You could do to watch the documentary FIFA Uncovered on NETFLIX... you won't be so quick to call people conspiracy theorists.

They pretty much confirmed some of the shenanigans folks have been suspecting for years.

I don't get him on this either. The evidence as you note is stark.

Bias for sure plays a role.

But outright rigging has occurred.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:09 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:54 pm this poku fella should have been playing.
Its Doku. And perhaps if he had been in form @ Rennes, rather than zero goals and assists, perhaps he would have started? You guys need to actually watch football, rather than using 5 minutes to determine how you would select a team.

thank you senor after the fact. by your logic he shouldn't have even been on the team.
If I was the coach, he wouldnt be on the team! FACT!! the reason Belgium is out, is due to their favoritism. The weak manager picking players he loves, rather than those who deserve to play. Players liek Vertonghen, Toby, Witsel, Muenier and Mertens... kaii! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This is what happens in African countries. A coach selecting players who have failed to have any impact at club level.
Trossard did start, for your info, you may have missed it while correcting people and laughing at misfortune.
You really should have taken your time to read my comment. I said, "the player who should be starting and the team built around him."

I think you may want to go back and review their matches and you will get the answer.
i read your post just fine thanks, and i will do that, after the fact things often become clearer as you have demonstrated, thanks again young man.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:16 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 pm So cute to see the media on Fox trying to support their friend, Martinez. hahahahahaha 1mbeciles! Because he sits with them on the panel from time to time, they dont want to say the truth about him
Actually Fox did a comedy skit on underperforming managers last night with Ocho Cinco as the therapist and Maurice Edu playing the mangers. They roasted Martinez, Southgate, the Canada manager and even USA’s Berhalter wasn’t spared :rotf:
cheii!! I miss :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:08 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:01 pm
green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:59 pm Lukaku crying like a baby after wasting 4 or more sitters. Martinez, gets the title of fraud of the century. Top 4!9 manager. Congratulations to Morocco and Croatia for a well deserved qualification
Lukaku clearly wasn't fit.
Lol. Na lie to be told to folks wey never see this version of Lukaku. At least he can’t blame his teammates for not giving him service or not playing to his strengths. So it must be that he’s not fit because it’s never due to Lukaku simply not getting it done at the biggest stage in football. Too bad he can’t run from Belgium to go play for another country so he can look better. We have read this book multiple times over so no surprises here.

In all fairness he was not fit. This is transferred aggro from Chelski...

But on Martinez, never has any manager ridden the coattails of a solitary achievement for so long...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:14 pm Hmmm lukaku might not be your cup of tea but he is a very good striker. He was bad at Man U like 90% of their players at that time and he stunk up at Chelsea like most Chelsea strikers.

He is Belgium's all-time top striker for a reason
He’s a good striker who needs needs the team to be built around him and work for him. Unfortunately no top team in football operates that way for their striker today.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:17 pm

Lord Willing, when I am retired like you, I will be sure to spend my Saturdays watching Rennes matches. for now I can't do that but thank you as well, I believe they refer to you as well as after the fact, I now see why.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:16 pm

FIFA again.

You could do to watch the documentary FIFA Uncovered on NETFLIX... you won't be so quick to call people conspiracy theorists.

They pretty much confirmed some of the shenanigans folks have been suspecting for years.

FIFA being corrupt is one thing. And it is WELL KNOWN.

But fixing results as mate, you and your merry band of conspiratorialists suggest is a different matter

We're being general. Nobody is saying they get together and say: ensure 3 goals. But I definitely believe they make indirect suggestions how to ensure the bigger teams aren't impeded and how it is good for everyone if the best teams advance.

And yes, I believe individual refs are approached by various people to apply some bias. So many games over the years have been significantly impacted by outright favoritism. Especially egregious in the past. I have some examples.

And being a fan of Croatia, I have seen us shafted time and again.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I saw Lukaku leaning on Thierry Henry for a good 2 minutes and weeping his eyes out. The look on Henry's face said: Get off me mothaforker! You will cost me my job and reputation with all your useless misses! Get away from me!

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:19 pm
Lol. Na lie to be told to folks wey never see this version of Lukaku. At least he can’t blame his teammates for not giving him service or not playing to his strengths. So it must be that he’s not fit because it’s never due to Lukaku simply not getting it done at the biggest stage in football. Too bad he can’t run from Belgium to go play for another country so he can look better. We have read this book multiple times over so no surprises here.

But on Martinez, never has any manager ridden the coattails of a solitary achievement for so long...
Fitness had nothing to do with missing at least 3 open netters. It’s all about him. Either he’s shining or his teammates are to blame for poor results. It’s a big reason why he hasn’t grown relative to his capability and flatters to deceive. The best players in the business make their teammates better. Lukaku’s mission is to ensure Lukaku is smelling like roses. This partly explains why he’s failed in bigger pressure environments with all due respect to Inter Milan & Serie A.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:29 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Fitness had nothing to do with missing at least 3 open netters. It’s all about him. Either he’s shining or his teammates are to blame for poor results. It’s a big reason why he hasn’t grown relative to his capability and flatters to deceive. The best players in the business make their teammates better. Lukaku’s mission is to ensure Lukaku is smelling like roses. This partly explains why he’s failed in bigger pressure environments with all due respect to Inter Milan & Serie A.

Fitness has VERYTHING to do with it.

There's a lot more to football than the EPL

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:12 pm The World will hear from this Canadian squad.

There's somn there!
Thank you Ogbuefi. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:22 pm

FIFA again.

But fixing results as mate, you and your merry band of conspiratorialists suggest is a different matter

We're being general. Nobody is saying they get together and say: ensure 3 goals. But I definitely believe they make indirect suggestions how to ensure the bigger teams aren't impeded and how it is good for everyone if the best teams advance.

And yes, I believe individual refs are approached by various people to apply some bias. So many games over the years have been significantly impacted by outright favoritism. Especially egregious in the past. I have some examples.

Only in the over active imagination of conspiracy theorists

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:09 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:08 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:57 pm MAROC through to 2nd rd
It must be painful for you.

Just painful!

Morocco wins their group and advances despite hiring a local coach at the end of August 2022.

This has got to be very painful for you. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You have problems bro...
I know...

The dissertation you had written to rehash your tired rhetoric is paining you. :D :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Don't mind the yoroyoro fraudulent pretender. :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:20 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:17 pm

Lord Willing, when I am retired like you, I will be sure to spend my Saturdays watching Rennes matches. for now I can't do that but thank you as well, I believe they refer to you as well as after the fact, I now see why.

...well until then, stay in the corner, listen and learn...

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:49 pm Lukaku don Yakubu Belgium :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Okay on the game itself. Dalic did not make the right subs. It almost cost us.

Livaja is too slow. Petkovic who subbed for him is also too slow. Should have started Orsic, who is fast and blazed forward on that last goal to pass to a young Majer for 4h goal against Canada. Majer is young and fleet footed and should start over a clearly aging Perisic, who is a liability without his famous speed.

Dalic is a better coach than me. In most cases, coaches get 95% of it right. But we as fans can see if the 5% is deficient. It is in the case of Croatia in this game. We were saved by dogged defending and some luck...and luck went the other way, as we also missed some pretty good chances.

Belgium finally played a better lineup. Too little too late. Like I said, they got the benefit of bias vs Canada and us today on penalty calls. Margins.

The best teams advanced in this group. Morocco played extremely intelligent and is skilled, composed, enduring, and united. A force. This for me has turned out to be the toughest group.

For Croatia, we're more dangerous now than in the 1st round. It was important to get out of this tough group. We need to tweak the lineup to compensate for not have good forwards. Again...start Majer over Perisic and Orisc over Livaja, which is the best team we can field.

One more maybe: start Sutalo or Erlic over a slow Lovren. But see, coach Dalic dug a hole here. Can you start a younger, faster, more talented Erlic or Sutalo when they haven't yet played over Lovren who has 3 games in?

Coaching is not easy.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 pm
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:22 pm

FIFA again.

Only in the over active imagination of conspiracy theorists

Watch the 1996 Euro Cup game between Germany and Croatia. That was another crystal clear example of bias for Germany over a new Croatian nation without pedigree.

Stimac got red carded. A German absolutely hacks Suker and doesn't get carded. It was glaring. We take the lead.

Yet a German defender lose the ball to a Croatian defender, then pushes him down in anger, ref lets it play on.

I've got so many of these compiled in critical moments. They overall show bias...and definitely impacts the results, sometimes decisively.

Hey, how about South Korea beating Italy and Spain in 2002. You really believe that ref didn't cook things here? Don't get me wrong, as Spain and Italy also notoriously got calls at various times in their favor.

It used to be more egregious. It is more subtle now, but as I said, in many ways easier to conceal in tight margins.