[WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri) FT Morocco advance in 1st place to R16!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri) FT Morocco advance in 1st place to R16!

Post by Tobi17 »

Morocco is definitely a team to watch our, Africa's best team right now and they are due for an AFCON trophy already
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 0 MOROCCO 1 (Ziyech)/CROATIA 0 BELGIUM 0

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:13 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:08 pm
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:55 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:23 pm technology i tell ya, should have stood as a pk.

FIFA again.

If that were France or Germany it would have stood.

Reviews showed no playable body part was offside, complete BS.

Belgium stole 3 points against Canada the same way.

Tight margin mean the game can be tipped.

Not your damn conspiracies again!!!!
You could do to watch the documentary FIFA Uncovered on NETFLIX... you won't be so quick to call people conspiracy theorists.

They pretty much confirmed some of the shenanigans folks have been suspecting for years.
Ogbuefi, I have watched that show. Good show. It confirms what we already know about the criminal organization known as FIFA. Well, perhaps they are not so much a criminal organization as guys engaged in a billion dollar business and doing the dirty they need to do to make money. Lots of money. Favoured countries and players get favourable calls from refs, among other things. So it is in many sports (think NBA) that have become big business. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an 1diot. However, it is not done in an obvious manner. The image of justice and fair play has to be maintained to bamboozle the likes of txj. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri) FT Morocco advance in 1st place to R16!

Post by ohsee »

Damn. Unfortunately had to run errands and missed most of both games. Will watch on tape. Did see lousy Lukaku miss, abi na "Yakubu" two sitters (copyright EMIR KONGI :rotf: ) . :lol: Poor guy. They say he was bawling like a baby :( after the game.
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:16 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 pm So cute to see the media on Fox trying to support their friend, Martinez. hahahahahaha 1mbeciles! Because he sits with them on the panel from time to time, they dont want to say the truth about him
Actually Fox did a comedy skit on underperforming managers last night with Ocho Cinco as the therapist and Maurice Edu playing the mangers. They roasted Martinez, Southgate, the Canada manager and even USA’s Berhalter wasn’t spared :rotf:
Did they include R. Song? Or maybe they don't think he is the manager :wink:
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 0 MOROCCO 1 (Ziyech)/CROATIA 0 BELGIUM 0

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:47 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:13 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:08 pm
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:55 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:23 pm technology i tell ya, should have stood as a pk.

FIFA again.

If that were France or Germany it would have stood.

Reviews showed no playable body part was offside, complete BS.

Belgium stole 3 points against Canada the same way.

Tight margin mean the game can be tipped.

Not your damn conspiracies again!!!!
You could do to watch the documentary FIFA Uncovered on NETFLIX... you won't be so quick to call people conspiracy theorists.

They pretty much confirmed some of the shenanigans folks have been suspecting for years.
Ogbuefi, I have watched that show. Good show. It confirms what we already know about the criminal organization known as FIFA. Well, perhaps they are not so much a criminal organization as guys engaged in a billion dollar business and doing the dirty they need to do to make money. Lots of money. Favoured countries and players get favourable calls from refs, among other things. So it is in many sports (think NBA) that have become big business. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an 1diot. However, it is not done in an obvious manner. The image of justice and fair play has to be maintained to bamboozle the likes of txj. :lol:
Thanks Prof. Like your good friend Mate opined, they make it now seem subtle and even bring in technology to appear like they are doing something. Yet, they don't take the pains to explain to refs, fans, and players why the technology they introduced is still subject to human caprices. Unlike the goalline technology which is clear and undisputable... their introduction of VAR has been something else.

Yes, every now and then they will throw us a bone and sacrifice one of the big dogs so that people like TXJ will say, "see, it is fair and without bias..."

It reminds me of the NBA draft or NBA finals... you just can't help but shake your head and laugh. Applauding their ability at make-believe. It is what it is, entertainment... until you bet your house. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Canada had only 2 players in the top 5 leagues, this must change. Atleast 4 goals conceded (including first today) came after a breakdown involving Davies, perhaps due to playing many positions he's uncomfortable in. Starting to agree with airwolex that he should stick to his position with Bayern Munich. Experience takes time and they need it. More top friendlies, players getting better clubs and perhaps a more experienced coach if Herdman leaves (he'll probably get a championship team after him but his dream is Newcastle :) ). Now he's in the limelight and the scrutiny is on. Locally, immigration is expanding the player base for Canada, kids are learning from this team and their success and starting to realize soccer is a legitimate option over hockey, many kids playing hockey & soccer or basketball & soccer. More soccer centers to be built for winter months and the grassroots outreach by former national team players must continue. The Canadian Premier League will continue to grow and need to get to a point where it rivals or beats the MLS.

Belgium must seriously consider getting rid of their celebrity coach Martinez to salvage what's left of their golden generation. He seemed to pick his team based on nostalgia than current form. So proud of the Moroccan coach and his players for topping the group, don't think anyone saw that happening at the beginning of this WC. Croatia are not done yet, they are hard to beat, Spain might be thinking twice about topping their group but their goal difference is sky high.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:12 pm The World will hear from this Canadian squad.

There's somn there!
KPOM!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Canada future is very bright
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] CANADA 1 (OG) MOROCCO 2 (Ziyech, Nesyri)/CROATIA 0 BELGIUM 0

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 pm
txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:57 pm MAROC through to 2nd rd
It must be painful for you.

Just painful!

Morocco wins their group and advances despite hiring a local coach at the end of August 2022.

This has got to be very painful for you. :oops: :oops: :oops:
The coach has won African Champions league , Otto Addo has put in work at Dortmund.

There is a difference between putting in a local coach who is qualified, and just giving ex players who have done nothing of merit the job.
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Morocco deserved winners today. I am so happy for them.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Costa Rica already hearing it... no game thread?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Morocco may end up playing Germany
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:18 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 pm So cute to see the media on Fox trying to support their friend, Martinez. hahahahahaha 1mbeciles! Because he sits with them on the panel from time to time, they dont want to say the truth about him
Actually Fox did a comedy skit on underperforming managers last night with Ocho Cinco as the therapist and Maurice Edu playing the mangers. They roasted Martinez, Southgate, the Canada manager and even USA’s Berhalter wasn’t spared :rotf:
cheii!! I miss :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
[/video]
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I just uploaded it. Hopefully youtube doesn't take it down. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:29 pm
[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:46 pm Morocco is definitely a team to watch our, Africa's best team right now and they are due for an AFCON trophy already
100% agree.

Morocco is the most complete African team. Just a well tuned machine right now with a clear identity: strong defense with covering midfield.

But, like a lot of teams, I don't see a proven striker. Ziyech for me is okay and too inconsistent.

I think Morocco gets Germany next, Croatia gets Spain.

I feel Morocco can beat Germany. I don't think we can beat Spain, our worst style matchup.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:33 pm
green4life wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:29 pm
[/video]

This was damn funny!!!

I hope they do more follow ups...they can go a long way with this!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:02 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:46 pm Morocco is definitely a team to watch our, Africa's best team right now and they are due for an AFCON trophy already
100% agree.

Morocco is the most complete African team. Just a well tuned machine right now with a clear identity: strong defense with covering midfield.

But, like a lot of teams, I don't see a proven striker. Ziyech for me is okay and too inconsistent.

I think Morocco gets Germany next, Croatia gets Spain.

I feel Morocco can beat Germany. I don't think we can beat Spain, our worst style matchup.
Ziyech is not a striker, he's a creator, which are in sort supply.
Still think Senegal is Africa's best team, just that without Sadio Mane they are behind Morocco.

Morocco actually do have a proven striker, just only found he's scoring shoes. En-Nesyri.
Last edited by marutimon on Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I got the draw I wanted for the 2nd round.

Can't complain.

Croatia got some luck.

My usual disclaimer: Japan is capable of beating Croatia, but I'd rather play them than Spain.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:29 pm I got the draw I wanted for the 2nd round.

Can't complain.

Croatia got some luck.

My usual disclaimer: Japan is capable of beating Croatia, but I'd rather play them than Spain.
I wonder what Croatias approach in that game will be, I expect Croatia to dominate the midfield as well as possession...but the Japanese are lightening quick and can be devastating on the break, I hope today's game was just an off day in the office for Croatia against Belgium considering all those dangerous chances they gave Belgium (good thing Lukaku decided to be a Croat today). The Japanese will surely not be that wasteful! All the best to Croatia 🇭🇷
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Martinez is gone. He said at a postgame interview that was his last game.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:18 pm Morocco may end up playing Germany
Who dash Germany? Na to face beer and sausage be their portion

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:39 pm
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:29 pm I got the draw I wanted for the 2nd round.

Can't complain.

Croatia got some luck.

I wonder what Croatias approach in that game will be, I expect Croatia to dominate the midfield as well as possession...but the Japanese are lightening quick and can be devastating on the break, I hope today's game was just an off day in the office for Croatia against Belgium considering all those dangerous chances they gave Belgium (good thing Lukaku decided to be a Croat today). The Japanese will surely not be that wasteful! All the best to Croatia 🇭🇷

Croatia only gave up 1 goal, having a rock solid defense, with Lovren being a bit of a liability. I agree Lukaku missed 2 sitters, but we also missed 2 good chances at close range, but shot poorly. Lovren let Lukaku go in his zone, not Gvardiol.

Japan won't have a big man like Lukaku, as only he presented some danger through his physical presence, but not speed. Like you said Japan has speed. But Croatia has great speed on the wingbacks with Juranovic and Sosa. Juranovic is not big, so that isn't a factor as much against a short Japanese team.

I expect Croatia to control and be patient. I bet we try to let Japan attack, but they probably won't...so we will have to craft opportunities through higher line midfield when we decide to attack.