[WC 2022} Japan vs Spain(2-1) Costa Rica vs Germany (2-4)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022} Japan vs Spain(2-1) Costa Rica vs Germany (2-4)

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:30 am
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:02 pm Guys, this looks actually like it didn't go over the line:

Based on your conspiracy theories, the cal should've gone to the favored team, Spain, right?

Nope. I didn't propose conspiracy theories. And I posted some clarity on the rules, which state any inconclusiveness means the ball is in play...which fights bias.

A penalty is not so definitive. Like the one awarded for Portugal in Spain...defying FIFA pictures that basically mimic what happened, demonstrating using a hand to avoid injury while falling.

You keep obfuscating the point with binary conspiracy vs non-conspiracy. There is a whole lot of corruption that can happen without a grand conspiracy.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:31 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:22 am
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:18 pm Haha.

Croatia gets lucky. Morocco has the harder next game.

Football is interesting.
This Japan is no joke. Its a 50-50 match up

I agree.

But believe me, we have issues with Spain.

Even though Croatia doesn't put stock into National League, they beat us 6-1 a few years ago. Beat us in the Euro in OT.

We can get beat by Japan for sure. But I doubt we can lose 6-1. It's not that have no respect for Japan, as I know this will be a tight game. I just think we match up better in style.

Honestly, would you have your team playing Spain or Japan?
Japan most definitely but there is something about this Japan team. These guys are as durable as their Automobiles. Its going to be hard to knock them out..
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:48 am
mate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:31 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:22 am
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:18 pm Haha.

Croatia gets lucky. Morocco has the harder next game.

Football is interesting.
This Japan is no joke. Its a 50-50 match up

I agree.

But believe me, we have issues with Spain.

Even though Croatia doesn't put stock into National League, they beat us 6-1 a few years ago. Beat us in the Euro in OT.

We can get beat by Japan for sure. But I doubt we can lose 6-1. It's not that have no respect for Japan, as I know this will be a tight game. I just think we match up better in style.

Honestly, would you have your team playing Spain or Japan?
Japan most definitely but there is something about this Japan team. These guys are as durable as their Automobiles. Its going to be hard to knock them out..

I know. Already the Croatian camp is noting especially their fitness.

But this plays to our strengths too.

Our outside backs are skinny, fast, and enduring...don't need to worry about a Lukaku or Kane or Davies out jumping a smaller Juranovic. And we maybe can bring in a speedier and younger central back for slow Lovren, who unfortunately took all 3 games from Erlic and Sutalo...a bit of hole the coach dug.

I'd take the risk, exactly because it's less against Japan where we can lose a Lovren and get speed and talent, in spite of less experience. Croatia dodged the age bullet that Germany and Belgium didn't. Time to put it to bed.

I'd even start Majer over old and slower Perisic. Japan will run Perisic ragged I think.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:40 pm that naija boy for Germany is their Mbapepe
No. He is their Pius Ikedia

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Judge for yourself.. It looks like the only thing on the line was the shadow of the ball! :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Na wa o! So, Japan beat Spain. This WC dey sweet me no be small.
-Simpli fy -
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:35 am
mate wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:02 pm Guys, this looks actually like it didn't go over the line:

Based on your conspiracy theories, the cal should've gone to the favored team, Spain, right?

Nope. I didn't propose conspiracy theories. And I posted some clarity on the rules, which state any inconclusiveness means the ball is in play...which fights bias.

A penalty is not so definitive. Like the one awarded for Portugal in Spain...defying FIFA pictures that basically mimic what happened, demonstrating using a hand to avoid injury while falling.

You keep obfuscating the point with binary conspiracy vs non-conspiracy. There is a whole lot of corruption that can happen without a grand conspiracy.

Well just read the last few pages to decide its definitiveness...
There is corruption. But there are also conspiracies and you seem to have an unusual affinity for the latter in football...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:15 am

There is corruption. But there are also conspiracies and you seem to have an unusual affinity for the latter in football...
You're in the minority on this one. It's fine, as I respect you and your opinion.

I just think you're missing the boat on sometime as egregious has how corrupt FIFA can be when it wants to be.

Chuck Blazer? The citation given in this thread?

And I know what I've seen in many years of following and talking to players.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:38 am

You're in the minority on this one. It's fine, as I respect you and your opinion.

I just think you're missing the boat on sometime as egregious has how corrupt FIFA can be when it wants to be.

If Croatia are as poor as they were against Belgium, they will be sent packing home by Japan. The Japanese are not only full of running, they finish better than most teams at this World Cup. They certainly finish better than the Africans, and even Spain.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:28 am

If Croatia are as poor as they were against Belgium, they will be sent packing home by Japan. The Japanese are not only full of running, they finish better than most teams at this World Cup. They certainly finish better than the Africans, and even Spain.
Croatia were not poor. Look at the stats. We had chances to put the game away but just didn’t. Same with Belgium.

You could have just as easily said if Japan plays as poorly as they did they against Costa Rica they will be sent packing against Croatia. Judge a team on 3 not 1 game.

Right?
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

The sad thing is that the only surprising performance was against Spain. I haven't seen Germany play so focused for ages now. The games against Costa Rica and Japan were just like all the games before.

The coach had the audacity to suggest that he wants to continue until the EUROs. I thought that it was strange to say such a thing after a group stage exit, but then the commentators and experts all agreed that he is still the right guy for the job. How the mighty have fallen, so little expectations. Then they go on about how the squad has weaknesses. Which is true and painfully obvious, but I mean a second division player from Germany scored Japan's winning goal against Spain, so how could squad quality be the factor against Japan or Costa Rica.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:48 amJapan most definitely but there is something about this Japan team. These guys are as durable as their Automobiles. Its going to be hard to knock them out..

I see what you did there. :sneaky:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Aren't yall entertained? What a worldcup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:37 am

Croatia were not poor. Look at the stats. We had chances to put the game away but just didn’t. Same with Belgium.

You could have just as easily said if Japan plays as poorly as they did they against Costa Rica they will be sent packing against Croatia. Judge a team on 3 not 1 game.

Right?
To be fair I watched only the last 10 minutes of the game and at that point Croatia were just hanging on. Also, Lukaku squandered 2 gilt-edged chances during that period. The chances were easier to score than to miss, and he achieved the harder thing.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:20 pm
mate wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:37 am

Right?
To be fair I watched only the last 10 minutes of the game and at that point Croatia were just hanging on. Also, Lukaku squandered 2 gilt-edged chances during that period. The chances were easier to score than to miss, and he achieved the harder thing.
You are wrong again. Belgium did not dominate Croatia for the last 10 minutes...but rather the last 15 minutes!

:rotf:

Yes, we got luck that Lukaku missed those 3 easy chances. We totally broke down at the end. But we also missed 2 almost as easy chances earlier in the 2nd half. And generally had the better play up to the last 1 mins.

We played with fire by keeping old men on like Lovren and Perisic. Lovren totally missed an easy header that Lukaku foolishly chested into our goalie. 2 clowns.

Ok, football fans are cruel. Here is what I read on social media.

You heard how Gvardiol the Croatian defender will be sold for 100M+ Euros to a top club? Well, now the best Croatian defender, Lukakovic will go for 120M+!

Lukaku was Croatia's man of the match. But he had 1 bad play when his clearance hit the Croatian post for an almost own goal!

:P

Football fans are crazy!