Ghana 0 - Uruguay 2 Portugal 1- Korea thread 2 2nd half

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana 0 - Uruguay 2 Portugal 1- Korea thread 2 2nd half

Post by marko »

Cellular wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:16 pm
Odas wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:13 pm I am surprised seeing the number of people in this Forum who wanted Ghana to lose. Competition apart, there comes a time when we need to ROOT for our brothers
I don't get it either.

I wanted Ghana to win...

But to each his own.
I wanted all Africans teams to progress to the next stage, now seems its only 2, that is ok, progress!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Odas wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:13 pm I am surprised seeing the number of people in this Forum who wanted Ghana to lose. Competition apart, there comes a time when we need to ROOT for our brothers
I don't get it either.

I wanted Ghana to win...

But to each his own.
Ogbuefi, I did not want Ghana to lose. In fact, I was screaming at the television all morning as Uruguay scored and Ghana missed a penalty. I desperately wanted Ghana to win.

But, nna, e taya me as Ghana jos dey do open order for Uruguay anyhow. :mad:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I don't get it either.

I wanted Ghana to win...

But to each his own.

I think most of us wanted Ghana to win. Same for any African country for me.

But still, one cannot but delight @ Rawlings :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:24 pm The Amartey incident is at best debatable not sure why the chorus is it was definite, he got the ball with the faintest of touches. That's no clear penalty.

The ref signaled a dive, no?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I don't get it either.

I wanted Ghana to win...

But to each his own.
Chief, the ghanaians themselves showed us hatorade is an important part of football when they gave up attempting to win to stop Uruguay.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With the hopes of a nation on your shoulders, that Parkinsonian run up for a free shot at goal. Ayew, didn’t have the mbanefos, knew he didn’t but what trumps ego but the bitter lemons of reality. Absolutely pathetic. Aim for the side netting, keep it low and put your foot through it. No need, an antalgic Azonto shuffle up to the ball and a strike with all the conviction of a lump of butter in the frying pan. Pathetic. Utterly pathetic.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:31 pm
felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:24 pm The Amartey incident is at best debatable not sure why the chorus is it was definite, he got the ball with the faintest of touches. That's no clear penalty.

I didn't see the ref indicate a dive, maybe it's my feed. I saw Otto Ado do it though. The ref should have carded him if he thought it was a dive.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

That's what I thought but I rewatched it again and it seems like he signaled that Amartey touched the ball which I didn't see on replay. Oh well.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm

That's what I thought but I rewatched it again and it seems like he signaled that Amartey touched the ball which I didn't see on replay. Oh well.

I saw him do both on different feeds.

The VAR would not have sent him there with a touch on the ball, no?

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:41 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm

I saw him do both on different feeds.

The VAR would not have sent him there with a touch on the ball, no?
It depends on the initial call.

If the ref call the pk on the play, In that situation, VAR calls him to look into overruling the on field call (eg offsides, foul or a defender got the ball first).

BUT if the ref did not call a pk on the pitch, VAR will call him to view footage of a potential missed pk call which would occur if Amartey did not touch the ball. In this situation, VAR possibly felt that Amartey fouled the player without touching the ball (or fouled the player before touching the ball).
Last edited by green4life on Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Orion wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:18 pm The last few minutes of this game sweet o kai! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

To see the face of Suarez as Uruguay exited the competition is priceless! I was indifferent about Ghana but very happy to see Suarez booted out of the competition. And ironically by Ghana denying them the goal that would have seen them through.
I agree with you totally. I am glad Suarez and Co are going home as well. At least, our brothers played the 'spoilers' game. It was like Ghana said, 'we are going home, but so are you'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:08 pm Ghana a waste of a spot…SE could have done the same thing lmao
Not sure at all, at all.
-Simpli fy -
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:22 pm
I don't get it either.

I wanted Ghana to win...

But to each his own.
I wanted all Africans teams to progress to the next stage, now seems its only 2, that is ok, progress!
Me too, but we have two teams going forward. Hopefully, both teams will progress to the quarter final stage, or one of them will.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:32 pm
I don't get it either.

I wanted Ghana to win...

But to each his own.
Chief, the ghanaians themselves showed us hatorade is an important part of football when they gave up attempting to win to stop Uruguay.
Yes-oo! At a certain time towards the end, it became clear Ghana cannot equalize the game, let alone win it, so for Ghana, it became - alright, we won't win this, so we are going home - but we will take you out of this tournament as well. Honestly, I like that :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Im hearing Otto Addo has quit
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:27 pm Ghana was it worth it ? 3 games and out!!!

1.Cheating against South Africa to knock them out
2. Not providing proper stairs for Nigeria to depart the plane in Asante.
3. Socking the stadium in Asante with juju. (How many sacrifices did you commit)
4. Compromising the officials …. Turning down two stone wall penalties in the first leg
5. Allowing violent play from Ghana players injuring the Nigerian players.
6. Scoring a fluke goal in the second leg (tinged of juju).
7.Nigeria denied a second goal that was scored. It was over ruled by VAR
8. The then NFF chairman is so stupid he had the option not to allow the match to go ahead in a JUJU soaked stadium.
9. Allowing Egu to preside over the two legs having shown how incompetent he is.
10. You see your life now Ghana? last place in the group
Noise, noise as usual. Juju, juju. Where is your proof?
And where do you see your life now?
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

E be like say, as we found our Nemesis in Argentina, our Ghanaian brothers have found theirs in Uruguay.
-Simpli fy -
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:50 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:08 pm Ghana a waste of a spot…SE could have done the same thing lmao
Not sure at all, at all.
Huh? Any useless team and go to the world cup and come last in their group...thats just beyond laughable!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:27 pm E be like say, as we found our Nemesis in Argentina, our Ghanaian brothers have found theirs in Uruguay.
Cameroon used to be our nemesis, until we broke the cycle and they are now our wives...Ghana on the other hand...
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:16 pm Im hearing Otto Addo has quit
I think that was part of his agreement even before taking the job. He was going to be an interim coach just for the World Cup, and continue with his job at Dortmund thereafter.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:50 pm
Not sure at all, at all.
My bad! Interpreted your reply as SE would have done better/
-Simpli fy -
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:27 pm E be like say, as we found our Nemesis in Argentina, our Ghanaian brothers have found theirs in Uruguay.
Let us hope Cameroon don't find their nemesis in Brazil, another CONMEBOL team. The CAF destroyers.

Wha choo looking at?!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

I don't have hope o, my brother.
-Simpli fy -