[WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil(1-0)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil(1-0)

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm Eto'o celebrating the goal tells you all you need to know.

Cameroon overall performance at the WC is nothing short of an embarassment
What about the red for celebrating a meaningless goal?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:17 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm Cameroon wasting time celebrating in stoppage time when they need another goal.
Another goal wouldn't have made a difference unless it was Serbia scoring in the other game. They missed out on points and not GD
Yes, but at the time the games weren’t over.
Thanks for the correction. I got it.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
That's where Nigeria is different, we wouldn't celebrate in these situations.
Maybe it is ingrained in our DNA that we are all naive, you and me included
I bet that is reflected in our daily jobs as well where we think of the short term and ignore the big picture
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil

Post by SylverEagles »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 pm Stupid things like this happen even in Premier League, South America et al
The fact that Europeans don't make it a European/SAmerican issue but make it an African issue and we then say ...see , this is why they call us naive...is the ultimate tragedy
Don't let others define you
Aboubakar made a mistake period, nothing to do with African naivety etc
While I understand the point you are making, I have to ask if you are this critical when the "groupthink" is positive?

All of sudden we now all remember that Morocco is African but if they were messing up, they would be those North Africans.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:18 pm
scholl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm Cameroon wasting time celebrating in stoppage time when they need another goal.
Did not matter if they scored 10 more goals. As long as Switzerland won, which they did, Cameroon is out.
Again, both games weren’t over at the time.
True but Serbia had given up by then as they needed two goals to progress.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Did not matter if they scored 10 more goals. As long as Switzerland won, which they did, Cameroon is out.
Only if Serbia scored 2 more goals in the last couple mins and won. If Switzerland and Serbia tied, then it may be the case or a head to head, which the Swiss did win.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Lighten up guys, Aboubakar's move could have been costly, but we gotta have fun sometimes.... :D No need calling eachother names. Aboubakar played well this WC. Cameroon left respectably, good job to Song and the boys.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

scholl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:23 pm
Only if Serbia scored 2 more goals in the last couple mins and won. If Switzerland and Serbia tied, then it may be the case or a head to head, which the Swiss did win.
One goal for Serbia and another Cameroon goal would have been enough to see Cameroon through.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm Eto'o celebrating the goal tells you all you need to know.

Cameroon overall performance at the WC is nothing short of an embarassment
What about the red for celebrating a meaningless goal?

I highlight Eto'o because he's going to milk the moral victory for political ends...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well anyway we live and learn, lessons learned I hope, the Ayew brothers surely must have seen their last World Cup, they did not offer anything, the big disappointment was Nigeria! with all our talent, probably the best in Africa, we allowed Ghana to sucker punch us only to screw up
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm Lighten up guys, Aboubakar's move could have been costly, but we gotta have fun sometimes.... :D No need calling each other names. Aboubakar played well this WC. Cameroon left respectably, good job to Song and the boys.
For Cameroon it was also about leaving a good impression. They have sucked since 2010 and won their last game back in 2002.

Now they can leave that behind them and hopefully come back in 2026 with an improved mindset.

Also say what you want but they played a great strategic game.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:29 pm well anyway we live and learn, lessons learned I hope, the Ayew brothers surely must have seen their last World Cup, they did not offer anything, the big disappointment was Nigeria! with all our talent, probably the best in Africa, we allowed Ghana to sucker punch us only to screw up
To be fair Jordn Ayew did well vs Korea.

But Ghana won't move forward with the Ayews as central to the team.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm Lighten up guys, Aboubakar's move could have been costly, but we gotta have fun sometimes.... :D No need calling eachother names. Aboubakar played well this WC. Cameroon left respectably, good job to Song and the boys.
yes he did play well that is why I am disappointed with him, he is something of a veteran and should know better, he even held his shirt up to show everyone his name, like he was advertising for a new club, sorry that is selfish, as a coach, he will not wear a top any longer
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Serbia should be sanctioned for starting crap at the end with Xhaxa. There was cursing and fighting throughout the match. But Milenkovic got violent, should have been red, but both he and Xhaxa get yellows.

Complete BS. Speaks to the training, composure, and incompetence of refs.

Serbia deserved to go out. Sorry, but their fans have been saying a lot of crap towards Croatia and Albania. Borjan the Serbian goalie for Canada got into it with us, questioning Croatian sovereignty. I can almost swear he also gave Morocco a goal on purpose to spite us...a rumor flying all over the internet.

Yet FIFA is going to fine the Croatian FA because our fans taunted Borjan over the recapture of our lands called Krajina by Serbians? Again, ignorance and incompetence at its best. Good riddance, which is a shame...as I actually thought this would be an improved and better Serbian team.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20634375 ... world-cup/
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:22 pm
akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 pm Stupid things like this happen even in Premier League, South America et al
The fact that Europeans don't make it a European/SAmerican issue but make it an African issue and we then say ...see , this is why they call us naive...is the ultimate tragedy
Don't let others define you
Aboubakar made a mistake period, nothing to do with African naivety etc
While I understand the point you are making, I have to ask if you are this critical when the "groupthink" is positive?

All of sudden we now all remember that Morocco is African but if they were messing up, they would be those North Africans.
Thanks for the quesiton, and it is indeed a good question which I have pondered at some point in time - thanks again!!

So to respond as best I can at 9pm in the evening :D :D

Indeed I support Tunisia, Ghana, Cameroon, Senegal and Morocco mainly because they represent Africa
If they win I will be proud of them, the victory is theirs first then Africa's second
I will celebrate them as an African team
If none of the 5 qualify for round of 16 like 2018 then I will say yes African teams failed at the world cup
As there are 2 I celebrate 2 African teams in round of 16

Morocco played a very tactical set of 3 matches , so did Tunisia to some extent and indeed Senegal - I wont project that African football is suddenly tactical because of the afformentioned teams. I recognize the individuality of each African teams and support them win or lose.. Their loss hits me because I invested my time and love for them

On the other hand if a player makes a mistake, yes it can be costly for the rest of the team but I somehow can discern that not every player possesses the same characteristic that will create failure

I reject the notion that African teams are naive, if some European commentator had not said it back in the day, I doubt we would repeat it today, that is what irks me immensely - we seem to have taken a narrative that someone broadbrused on Africans in general and we ran with it

The same "naivety" that was bestowed on us is not shown to the Number 2 team in the world that crashed out or the efficient Germans, or the Italians who have sat out 2 editions now. We only come here and shout out that Africans are naive because of a silly move by Aboubakar. Suarez bit someone in the ear, that was not projected on South America; A German goalkeper almost killed a Frenchman on the field, there was no backlash on Germany or Europeans, why should we allow ourselves to be boxed in like this

Football is a funny game, some teams are more advanced than others but what I really liked about this world cup is the fact that we see traditionally smaller teams taking on the big boys. Cameroon did it today, Morocco did it to Belgium and that is fantastic
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
... you're right. Nigeria will not celebrate because at this point they must have lost the first 2 matches.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
joplass wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm I guess the so called vaunted Brazil depth is really a myth.
Brazilian B team.
Exactly my point. Many people have said that the Brazil B Team is better than a lot of A teams out there but this result says otherwise.
This was also plantainian team B.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:39 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
joplass wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm I guess the so called vaunted Brazil depth is really a myth.
Brazilian B team.
Exactly my point. Many people have said that the Brazil B Team is better than a lot of A teams out there but this result says otherwise.
This was also plantainian team B.
If that makes you sleep at night, good win but hard luck for your B team…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:29 pm well anyway we live and learn, lessons learned I hope, the Ayew brothers surely must have seen their last World Cup, they did not offer anything, the big disappointment was Nigeria! with all our talent, probably the best in Africa, we allowed Ghana to sucker punch us only to screw up
Well next world cup, all of us "should" be there :)
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

marutimon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:30 pm
felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm Lighten up guys, Aboubakar's move could have been costly, but we gotta have fun sometimes.... :D No need calling each other names. Aboubakar played well this WC. Cameroon left respectably, good job to Song and the boys.
For Cameroon it was also about leaving a good impression. They have sucked since 2010 and won their last game back in 2002.

Now they can leave that behind them and hopefully come back in 2026 with an improved mindset.

Also say what you want but they played a great strategic game.
True that! And if Brazil go ahead and win the World Cup, Cameroon can claim they were the only team to beat them.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm
I know we've been rubbish but i agree with you here...I can bet someone like Osimhen would have rushed to the net had we been in the Ghana and Cameroon situation, grabbed the ball and then run back with the ball to restart the game immediately, that's why I'm pissed we didn't get to see the quality and vivacity of Osimhen in this world cup
... you did not get to see him because of the overall rubbish we play, plus poor planning administrators.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:41 pm
Well next world cup, all of us "should" be there :)
With all our ‘talent’ yet we can’t find a GK even half as good as Ghanas WC goalie, we don’t have any decent CDs, no classy CMs…yea…all that ‘talent’ we have is just wasting…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Qatar 2022 has really been fun:

Cameroon beating Brazil.
Japan Beating Germany
Saudia Arabia beating Argentina
S.Korea beating Portugal
Spain vs. Germany
Cameroon 3 vs. Serbia 3