[WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil(1-0)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil(1-0)

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:27 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm Eto'o celebrating the goal tells you all you need to know.

Cameroon overall performance at the WC is nothing short of an embarassment
What about the red for celebrating a meaningless goal?

I highlight Eto'o because he's going to milk the moral victory for political ends...
Do you know the last time Cameroun had a decent showing at the World Cup even with Eto'o?

Allow the man to celebrate getting 4 points at the World Cup and handing Brazil its first-ever loss at the group stages and add its ever loss to an African country at the World Cup.

So many firsts for Eto'o and Cameroon.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:53 pmUruguay losing and Suarez crying
Beautiful days!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:03 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm Eto'o celebrating the goal tells you all you need to know.

I highlight Eto'o because he's going to milk the moral victory for political ends...
Do you know the last time Cameroun had a decent showing at the World Cup even with Eto'o?

Allow the man to celebrate getting 4 points at the World Cup and handing Brazil its first-ever loss at the group stages and add its ever loss to an African country at the World Cup.

He's a fraud.

He's in it purely for himself; has been like that for decades...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:22 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
That's where Nigeria is different, we wouldn't celebrate in these situations.
Maybe it is ingrained in our DNA that we are all naive, you and me included
I bet that is reflected in our daily jobs as well where we think of the short term and ignore the big picture
DNA ke? Methinks, it's more nurture than nature. The environment rather the genes expressing themselves.
-Simpli fy -
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Congrats to Cameroon for getting back to winning ways at the World Cup after 20 years.

However, we can't read too much into this result. The teams that appeared to have secured their places in the next round after 2 games all lost their last game. Spain, France, Portugal, and Brazil, giving even perennial wastepipe teams like Tunisia a win.

The only top teams without a loss so far are England and Netherlands. Something is going on in this world cup. It appears the weather is taking a toll on the big teams, so they're resting their players as there are still many games left to win the cup.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

For all those whining about the red card:

Look at the reactions of fans. They loved it. Nobody is calling him stupid. It's just a classic world cup moments and will go down in history.

gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
I bet that is reflected in our daily jobs as well where we think of the short term and ignore the big picture
DNA ke? Methinks, it's more nurture than nature. The environment rather the genes expressing themselves.
I agree it is mostly environmental, because black players in Europe don't nearly behave that way.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:04 pm

He's a fraud.

I agree with you...

But I won't deny him his moment in the sun... yeah, I know it is like winning the tallest midget trophy but he can point to this point as vindication that his methods work and should be given more time and resources.

This is the best they have looked since 2002. That is 20 years, man!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who cares they did well and improved. This is huge for Song , Eto and Les Lions Indomitable .. this has been their best performance since 1990 .. They did better than ghana and Tunisia...with ghana being the worst CAF team in Qatar
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:29 pm well anyway we live and learn, lessons learned I hope, the Ayew brothers surely must have seen their last World Cup, they did not offer anything, the big disappointment was Nigeria! with all our talent, probably the best in Africa, we allowed Ghana to sucker punch us only to screw up
Why is it that on CE we just yank players out of teams after 45 or 90 mins of football? You can’t buy experience. We tried that once with Pa Oni and the result was a disaster. Ended our golden generation and we’ve never gotten back there. The other day someone said Di Maria’s time is up and Ronaldo should retire, crazy commentary.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:10 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:04 pm

He's a fraud.

I agree with you...

But I won't deny him his moment in the sun... yeah, I know it is like winning the tallest midget trophy but he can point to this point as vindication that his methods work and should be given more time and resources.

This is the best they have looked since 2002. That is 20 years, man!

But his methods do NOT work!

They failed at AFCON

They failed here also.

Let's not deceive ourselves.

This is what failure looks like.

Apart from a few players, most of the squad is on its last legs. A system of inequity is being built into the team at every level.

And you call his methods working?

I hate to imagine what failure looks like to you!
Last edited by txj on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

DNA ke? Methinks, it's more nurture than nature. The environment rather than the genes expressing themselves.
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

gosh wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:10 pm
:mrgreen:
I agree it is mostly environmental, because black players in Europe don't nearly behave that way.
While we need to take a hard and honest look at ourselves, we also need to be mindful of the lies we believe about ourselves. That is how that supremacy and internalized thingies work.

Some of the hardest-working people in corporate America and healthcare (my 2 areas) are people of African descent aka Blacks. They are the least recognized and rewarded. We have to work twice as hard.
-Simpli fy -
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:32 pm
DNA ke? Methinks, it's more nurture than nature. The environment rather than the genes expressing themselves.
You might have a point. Remember this?
[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

I actually did not remember. Thank you for reminding me. You have a very good memory sha.
-Simpli fy -
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:29 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:29 pm well anyway we live and learn, lessons learned I hope, the Ayew brothers surely must have seen their last World Cup, they did not offer anything, the big disappointment was Nigeria! with all our talent, probably the best in Africa, we allowed Ghana to sucker punch us only to screw up
Why is it that on CE we just yank players out of teams after 45 or 90 mins of football? You can’t buy experience. We tried that once with Pa Oni and the result was a disaster. Ended our golden generation and we’ve never gotten back there. The other day someone said Di Maria’s time is up and Ronaldo should retire, crazy commentary.

Lets not fool ourselves. The experienced players we reference here are those living on past glories. Playing in the boondocks and expecting to be selected for the NT.

Heck, even Asamoah Gyan expected to be called up!

Burun uba!

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil

Post by danfo driver »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
joplass wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm I guess the so called vaunted Brazil depth is really a myth.
Brazilian B team.
Exactly my point. Many people have said that the Brazil B Team is better than a lot of A teams out there but this result says otherwise.
Bro, you are too smart to be talking like this. The Brazil team outplayed the Cameroonian team and should have beaten them by 5 goals. :rotf: :rotf:

Cameroon won, and for me thats the most important thing and final. However, when people say "the Brazil B team is better than a lot of A teams," I am sure you know what they mean. It doent mean they wont lose some games. After all Madrid, Man City, Bayern are better than a lot of teams, but still lose games, here and there.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

scholl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm Cameroon wasting time celebrating in stoppage time when they need another goal.
Did not matter if they scored 10 more goals. As long as Switzerland won, which they did, Cameroon is out.
Very true. But at the time of that celebration, anything could still happen. Its the mentality we are speaking about.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil

Post by danfo driver »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:20 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 pm
akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:48 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:36 pm Cameroon have played well today, Brazil is a tough opponent! Ghana were just piss poor

what have they done?
ehhh.. dominated by Brazil's second 11. Dont you know that is "playing well?" :D
Pity, they couldnt dominate the scoreboard
Yea, you are right. pity they didnt get the moral victory of scoreboard champion and get knocked out. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hopefully African countries will learn and stop being naive. :oops:
Don't change the goalpost to suit your narrative, your comment was they couldnt dominate the scoreboard, admit you got that wrong
On the naive point, see my post to Marko above and ask yourself if you prefer to be defined by others
African countries are not naive, certain African fans on the other hand???
like I said, its a pity that the dominator of scoreboard is going home. That right there is naive. I rather not dominate the scoreboard and go on to the next round. How about you? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I hope this is NOT your mentality in your life.
marutimon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:09 pm For all those whining about the red card:

Look at the reactions of fans. They loved it. Nobody is calling him stupid. It's just a classic world cup moments and will go down in history.

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

marutimon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:09 pm For all those whining about the red card:

A lot people cheering this are people for whom African teams are just there to add colour.

Who still see Africa though "Eric the Eel" lenses. Plucky amateurs here to add exoticism to the 1st round before heading home. This only feeds into that mentality.

Contrast with Germany v costa rica they, the Germans, knew the tide was not in there favour but after every goal they scored they rushed to get the game restarted.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I'm sorry, but getting sent off at the World Cup can never be something good for player or country. I know he did that on purpose, as he had already given up on making it to the next round. But it goes down in the history books. Maradona said it haunted him for years. They're still mocking Song about being sent off until today. It put a black stain on Zinedine Zidan's world cup history.

BTW, taking your shirt off when you're already on a yellow is a very selfish thing to do. Your team goes a man down, reducing the chances of scoring again. Brazil could have also capitalized on the situation and scored a quick goal.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
AreaDaddy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:22 am

A lot people cheering this are people for whom African teams are just there to add colour.

Who still see Africa though "Eric the Eel" lenses. Plucky amateurs here to add exoticism to the 1st round before heading home. This only feeds into that mentality.

Contrast with Germany v costa rica they, the Germans, knew the tide was not in there favour but after every goal they scored they rushed to get the game restarted.