[WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil(1-0)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil(1-0)

Post by gosh »

I am soo disappointed in Aboubakar for taking that needless 2nd yellow.
It was so selfish. Who knows what could have happened if he was still on the pitch?
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Cameroon wasting time celebrating in stoppage time when they need another goal.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Cameroon vs Brazil

Post by marko »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:04 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 pm
akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:58 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm when they call African players Naive! that is the frigging reason
They are no more naive than European teams like Germany and Belgium

Please save the validation of racist tropes
sorry I don't care about European players now, I am talking about naive and stupid abubakar!
Then keep it at Aboubakar, who we all agree was silly, but not a negative reflection on all things African, you are repeating the nonsense that cynical Europeans use to belittle us
no its stupid things like this that make Europeans laugh at Africans! I am merely stating this fact!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

gosh wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:05 pm I am soo disappointed in Aboubakar for taking that needless 2nd yellow.
It was so selfish. Who knows what could have happened if he was still on the pitch?
sorry I could not believe what I was watching! I have never seen this before! if this was 1980, those white commentators will be laughing in the studio with oh perhaps he does not know the rules of the game! sorry its a shame to say some our African teams are only after individual glory! perhaps looking for a new club after playing in the backwaters of Saudi Arabia! stupid!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Rogermilla wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:05 pm
joplass wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm I guess the so called vaunted Brazil depth is really a myth.
Brazilian B team.
At the end of the day, history will show that Cameroon beat Brazil at the world cup. Please try to give credit to the team. They did well.
I agree, well done to the Lions, they did their bit today to get a result, but it was always daunting when you have to rely on others. Cameroon, Ghana and Tunisia will learn that each game is important, take your chances then relax later, kinda like Brazil and Portugal

Something tells me both teams will struggle in the next round as they broke some continuity,

Anyway loving the world cup, it just goes to show anyone can take anybody out...yes including the African teams
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm Cameroon wasting time celebrating in stoppage time when they need another goal.
Unbelievable. Aboubaklar was celebrating like he had won the WC when they really needed a goal to advance. This is what makes some people describe African players as naive.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Odas wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:55 pm I wish Cameroon can win this
They did but their loss against Swiss cost them dearly.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:48 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:36 pm Cameroon have played well today, Brazil is a tough opponent! Ghana were just piss poor

what have they done?
ehhh.. dominated by Brazil's second 11. Dont you know that is "playing well?" :D
Pity, they couldnt dominate the scoreboard
Yea, you are right. pity they didnt get the moral victory of scoreboard champion and get knocked out. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hopefully African countries will learn and stop being naive. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm when they call African players Naive! that is the frigging reason

sorry I don't care about European players now, I am talking about naive and stupid abubakar!
Then keep it at Aboubakar, who we all agree was silly, but not a negative reflection on all things African, you are repeating the nonsense that cynical Europeans use to belittle us
no its stupid things like this that make Europeans laugh at Africans! I am merely stating this fact!
Stupid things like this happen even in Premier League, South America et al
The fact that Europeans don't make it a European/SAmerican issue but make it an African issue and we then say ...see , this is why they call us naive...is the ultimate tragedy
Don't let others define you
Aboubakar made a mistake period, nothing to do with African naivety etc
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

any match threads ??
where are my 2 emoji's mods.. .. ????
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Synopsis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm Cameroon wasting time celebrating in stoppage time when they need another goal.
Another goal wouldn't have made a difference unless it was Serbia scoring in the other game. They missed out on points and not GD
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
That's where Nigeria is different, we wouldn't celebrate in these situations.
I am happy
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

joplass wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm I guess the so called vaunted Brazil depth is really a myth.
Brazilian B team.
Exactly my point. Many people have said that the Brazil B Team is better than a lot of A teams out there but this result says otherwise.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Did not matter if they scored 10 more goals. As long as Switzerland won, which they did, Cameroon is out.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
I remember how Nigeria lost against a 10 men Italy!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
Another goal wouldn't have made a difference unless it was Serbia scoring in the other game. They missed out on points and not GD
Yes, but at the time the games weren’t over.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 pm

Stupid things like this happen even in Premier League, South America et al
The fact that Europeans don't make it a European/SAmerican issue but make it an African issue and we then say ...see , this is why they call us naive...is the ultimate tragedy
Don't let others define you
Aboubakar made a mistake period, nothing to do with African naivety etc
He did not make a mistake, what he did was pre-meditated! he had every intention to do this if he scored, does he know the rules of there game? this is a world cup where Cameroon could have qualified, he was selfish and did not give a damn about his team mates! looking for personal glory, if I was the coach, he will never play for my team anymore! yes players make mistakes, I have seen this before, but not when you are on a yellow card

Marko
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

scholl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm
Did not matter if they scored 10 more goals. As long as Switzerland won, which they did, Cameroon is out.
Again, both games weren’t over at the time.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:15 pm Aboubakar's actions reveal the mentality of some of these African teams. Ghana celebrating a 2nd goal against Portugal like they had won the match while in reality they needed another goal to tie the game.
excuse me? Nigerian teams are known for over elaboration, I have seen Nigerian teams lose their heads after scoring and before they blink, the other team has equalised!

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Plantainians tried sha!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Eto'o celebrating the goal tells you all you need to know.

Cameroon overall performance at the WC is nothing short of an embarassment
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 pm
akamoke wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:48 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm
marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:36 pm Cameroon have played well today, Brazil is a tough opponent! Ghana were just piss poor

what have they done?
ehhh.. dominated by Brazil's second 11. Dont you know that is "playing well?" :D
Pity, they couldnt dominate the scoreboard
Yea, you are right. pity they didnt get the moral victory of scoreboard champion and get knocked out. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Hopefully African countries will learn and stop being naive. :oops:
Don't change the goalpost to suit your narrative, your comment was they couldnt dominate the scoreboard, admit you got that wrong
On the naive point, see my post to Marko above and ask yourself if you prefer to be defined by others
African countries are not naive, certain African fans on the other hand???
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I know we've been rubbish but i agree with you here...I can bet someone like Osimhen would have rushed to the net had we been in the Ghana and Cameroon situation, grabbed the ball and then run back with the ball to restart the game immediately, that's why I'm pissed we didn't get to see the quality and vivacity of Osimhen in this world cup