[WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(3-1) (Memphis 10min, Blind 46min, Dumffries 80min); Haji 75min FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mblack
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(3-1) (Memphis 10min, Blind 46min, Dumffries 80min); Haji 75min FT

Post by mblack »

akamoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:17 pm
mblack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:11 pm
mblack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:10 pm
akamoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 pm Sad to see the US go, a side of me wanted them to pull an offset, oh well, they should be readier by 2026
Excellent result. They will be better in 2026 just like any other team that did not have a good WC this time around…. Germany cough cough
4 years is a long time in life, talkless of football.
Yup. So why do you think they will be the only ones better? It’s a feel good statement. If the USA can get better every one too can (that’s the point I am making). Just like it can go pear shaped for everyone just like the US. We can’t assume only the US will be better. So it’s just a feel good statement with no backing
I don't follow your logic, that one is suggesting the US will get better is not dismissing the fact that others may be improving too, this is not mutually exclusive, if anything one is expecting that whatever deficiencies the US has now they will work on it and get better... if I follow your logic then the same set of teams will make it to round of 16 all the way through to the final - the reality is that some will improve, some will stay stagnant and some may regress or better yet the speed of improvement will differ for each team - once again, the US should be readier by 2026 especially as hosting is in the cards
I am with you. The assumption is that they are better that others even when they aren’t ( media talking heads I mean). Is it so hard to acknowledge they played a better team? It’s always excuses and how better they are. Lalas said they had a stinker in the most important game. That they only had one full complete game (England).
I agree with you other teams will get better we have no idea who will be better or worse. I am just tired of the bravado talk and the near guarantees while dismissing others. It’s all hope and no one knows. Take the loss appreciate the effort and move on.
Anyway I’ll stop rambling.
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
mblack
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(0-0)

Post by mblack »

mblack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:41 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:00 am I'm getting my USA jersey ready for this one
I can’t wait for them to be knocked out. i am yet to see a more loud sounding, all knowing, obnoxious, we are better than everyone bunch than the US.
Of course this has nothing to do with ability. So allow me be biased. I am drawing from experience.
This is where I started the day regarding this game
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
akamoke
Re: [WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(3-1) (Memphis 10min, Blind 46min, Dumffries 80min); Haji 75min FT

Post by akamoke »

mblack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:25 pm
akamoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:17 pm
mblack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:11 pm
mblack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:10 pm
akamoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 pm Sad to see the US go, a side of me wanted them to pull an offset, oh well, they should be readier by 2026
Excellent result. They will be better in 2026 just like any other team that did not have a good WC this time around…. Germany cough cough
4 years is a long time in life, talkless of football.
Yup. So why do you think they will be the only ones better? It’s a feel good statement. If the USA can get better every one too can (that’s the point I am making). Just like it can go pear shaped for everyone just like the US. We can’t assume only the US will be better. So it’s just a feel good statement with no backing
I don't follow your logic, that one is suggesting the US will get better is not dismissing the fact that others may be improving too, this is not mutually exclusive, if anything one is expecting that whatever deficiencies the US has now they will work on it and get better... if I follow your logic then the same set of teams will make it to round of 16 all the way through to the final - the reality is that some will improve, some will stay stagnant and some may regress or better yet the speed of improvement will differ for each team - once again, the US should be readier by 2026 especially as hosting is in the cards
I am with you. The assumption is that they are better that others even when they aren’t ( media talking heads I mean). Is it so hard to acknowledge they played a better team? It’s always excuses and how better they are. Lalas said they had a stinker in the most important game. That they only had one full complete game (England).
I agree with you other teams will get better we have no idea who will be better or worse. I am just tired of the bravado talk and the near guarantees while dismissing others. It’s all hope and no one knows. Take the loss appreciate the effort and move on.
Anyway I’ll stop rambling.
Thanks for providing the context :thumb:
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Hope Van Gaal will consider coaching in Africa before he’s done, even if as tech adviser in an admin capacity. Would love to see him get his hands on SE. If a sub can spend 5 mins behind a clip board, can only imagine what his starters have been through.
To think of it, it was always an up hill climb for the US relying on the same midfield trio. They needed to reinvent themselves to outgame LVG. As he’s definitely studied them being a man that does almost all his work before a game and just takes notes on the bench.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Missed the game but just saw the highlights Better luck next time, USA. Naive defending.
-Simpli fy -
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

felarey wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:01 pm Hope Van Gaal will consider coaching in Africa before he’s done, even if as tech adviser in an admin capacity. Would love to see him get his hands on SE. If a sub can spend 5 mins behind a clip board, can only imagine what his starters have been through.
To think of it, it was always an up hill climb for the US relying on the same midfield trio. They needed to reinvent themselves to outgame LVG. As he’s definitely studied them being a man that does almost all his work before a game and just takes notes on the bench.
We xant even pay Salisu on time and you're talking about Van Gaal. :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:19 pm
felarey wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:01 pm Hope Van Gaal will consider coaching in Africa before he’s done, even if as tech adviser in an admin capacity. Would love to see him get his hands on SE. If a sub can spend 5 mins behind a clip board, can only imagine what his starters have been through.
He's a Republican. They take wishful thinking to anoda level :taunt: :taunt: Van Gaal ko Van Damme ni :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

:rotf: :rotf:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

:rotf: But you know the way we roll, anyone not getting paid is not without their consent. :) Van Gaal is probably not motivated by money at this stage, else the arabs, asians and americans will easily outmuscle him from us. Eccentric Van Gaal can be convinced if given a free hand, patience and show what his methods could achieve. Plus his wife is comfortable with the arrangement.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:21 pm
He's a Republican. They take wishful thinking to anoda level :taunt: :taunt: Van Gaal ko Van Damme ni :laugh:
Eh..conservative before republican. :D

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:35 pm
:rotf: But you know the way we roll, anyone not getting paid is not without their consent. :) Van Gaal is probably not motivated by money at this stage, else the arabs, asians and americans will easily outmuscle him from us. Eccentric Van Gaal can be convinced if given a free hand, patience and show what his methods could achieve. Plus his wife is comfortable with the arrangement.

Jeeze, bro. You know enough about LVG.

He'll end up shooting someone in the NFF...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

felarey wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm This is a dangerous team. Teams better look beyond the individual players and watch out for Van Gaal and his unconventional tactics. One of the subs sat behind the clip board for atleast 5 mins :) before nearing the touch line, even the camera noticed. It's Van Gaal special and his boys have clued in.
I noticed that also.

I Remember that Van Gaal tried the same stuff with Man United players and the prima donnas rejected it outright and even told the English media about their petulance.

They will have a very tough test in Argentina, USA created a lot of 'moments' and Messi looks fired up, they will have to find a way of keeping him honest.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

My only disappointment was that this didnt end 4-0 in favor of Holland. Glad the trash has been taken out. Its like the World Cup has been purified now that the "Soccer ball" Morons have been eliminated. So happy Yaaay :D :D :D :D
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

akamoke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Why are you always supporting naive teams? Hmm I wonder why. :shock:
Because I have given up trying to measure up to your perceive "superiority" :thumb:
Something many African teams do at the world cup -- give up! and that is what we have been trying to tell you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?