Suarez thinking about the rest of his international career

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Suarez thinking about the rest of his international career

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Suarez thinking about the rest of his international career

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:00 am Image

The schadenfreude on this one is strong. 😅
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:00 am Image
Delayed remorse - about 12 years too late!
Thank you to the Ghanaian journalist that asked him whether his conscience isn’t killing him yet.
:rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Granted Ghana wasn't going anywhere, but they took Suarez and Co. out of the tournament, or down with them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like that!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Cold vengeance for his racist expletive against Patrice Evra and for that quarter final game.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

cchinukw wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:36 pm Cold vengeance for his racist expletive against Patrice Evra and for that quarter final game.
Hate Suarez or not the man has still achieved big time in his career, Uruguay was never going to be a world cup winning team, their best world cup outing in 2010 that saw them reach the semi final was down to luck.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:02 am
cchinukw wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:36 pm Cold vengeance for his racist expletive against Patrice Evra and for that quarter final game.
Hate Suarez or not the man has still achieved big time in his career, Uruguay was never going to be a world cup winning team, their best world cup outing in 2010 that saw them reach the semi final was down to luck.
...it was down to cheating. Call it what it was, not luck.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mcal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:29 am
Cheating? If Suarez was Nigerian and he did what he did against Ghana for us, he will be celebrated as a national hero today (let's cut out the emotions and get real)...get over it, he did what he had to do to save his country from elimination, got duly punished for it, Ghana got a PK and the missed it!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:04 am
mcal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:29 am
Cheating? If Suarez was Nigerian and he did what he did against Ghana for us, he will be celebrated as a national hero today (let's cut out the emotions and get real)...get over it, he did what he had to do to save his country from elimination, got duly punished for it, Ghana got a PK and the missed it!
...ok, I didn't know you are Uruguayan, or has lineage towards them.
Until I become one them I can think whether to praise him.
Evil is evil, crime is crime, and cheating is cheating.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

mcal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:10 pm...ok, I didn't know you are Uruguayan, or has lineage towards them.

He did not cheat. He committed a professional foul and was duly and severely punished for it. Players commit professional fouls many times in football and other sports, and they get punished for it. End of story.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

theDunamis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:45 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:10 pm...ok, I didn't know you are Uruguayan, or has lineage towards them.

He did not cheat. He committed a professional foul and was duly and severely punished for it. Players commit professional fouls many times in football and other sports, and they get punished for it. End of story.
This exposes a loophole in the laws of the game that was ruthlessly exploited by Suarez. He basically converted a 100% chance of a goal for Ghana to a 50% (Penalty) chance, and it paid off. Uruguay advanced and Ghana went home.

Maybe the laws of football should be changed to a "goal granted or awarded" in that kind of situation. If the purists don't like that then maybe give a 1 meter PK to the offended team, with no 'keeper :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:00 pm

This exposes a loophole in the laws of the game that was ruthlessly exploited by Suarez. He basically converted a 100% chance of a goal for Ghana to a 50% (Penalty) chance, and it paid off. Uruguay advanced and Ghana went home.

Maybe the laws of football should be changed to a "goal granted or awarded" in that kind of situation. If the purists don't like that then maybe give a 1 meter PK to the offended team, with no 'keeper :mrgreen:
You beat me to it. :thumbs:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

And if the Penalty was sent to row Z what next?

He committed a professional foul and was punished. Cheating will be Maradona's 'hand of God'. Even that I will blame the referee. Thiery Henry did something similar and no one demonize him.

I actually love Suarez for converting a 100% chance to a 50% chance. That's what I will expect players on my team to ALWAYS do.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:09 pm

He committed a professional foul and was punished. Cheating will be Maradona's 'hand of God'. Even that I will blame the referee. Thiery Henry did something similar and no one demonize him.

I actually love Suarez for converting a 100% chance to a 50% chance. That's what I will expect players on my team to ALWAYS do.
I guess you missed the 1 meter PK part with no 'keeper in goal? Bia, do you even know what one meter is? :taunt: :taunt:

OK change it to PK on the goal line, with no keeper. Dat is as 100% as you can get. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:11 pm

I guess you missed the 1 meter PK part with no 'keeper in goal? Bia, do you even know what one meter is? :taunt: :taunt:

OK change it to PK on the goal line, with no keeper. Dat is as 100% as you can get. :mrgreen:
You will be shocked at what can happen ooo. I am sure you have examples of unpardonable misses :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:18 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:11 pm

You will be shocked at what can happen ooo. I am sure you have examples of unpardonable misses :taunt:
If you miss a PK in that kind of situation they should award a goal to the other team, and give a red card to the person that missed the PK. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...abi o. Uruguay should have made him their president, at least will make some here happy.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

This is what some African teams are missing. England's 2nd goal today should never have gone past the Senegal half. A professional foul on Jude was all that was needed.