[WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa)

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:32 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:21 pm France can count themselves unlucky. If they had Benzema, Pogba and Kante I have no doubt they are winning the WC. Unfortunately I don't see this happening with Coman being the guy off the bench.

At some point, Mbappe will have a bad game, I just don't see them overcoming that.
They had Benzema and Pogba on the field when they were knocked out by Switzerland last year at the Euros.
shhhh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 0 POLAND 0

Post by danfo driver »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:45 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:17 pm Tchoumani is better than Kanté.
Stop lying. Ngolo Kante is the best!
Which Kante are you talking about? the injury-ridden one of today or the one from 3-4 years ago? Bet believe that today, Kante cannot hold a candle to Tchouameni.

I think you guys need to learn how to move forward in life. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:19 pm
Kante became injury-prone. Suddenly people forget how good he was.
And? Football is not static. This evolve.Its like saying Thierry Henry has retired for years, but if he gets on the pitch today he is better than Mbappe :rotf:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

They are not forgetting
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:47 am
And? Football is not static. This evolve.Its like saying Thierry Henry has retired for years, but if he gets on the pitch today he is better than Mbappe :rotf:
Man shouldn't have compared Tchou with "this version" of Kante then.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
panafrican
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa) FT

Post by panafrican »

Tchouameni is a good player but not yet as good as Ngolo Kante at his peak
The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa)

Post by airwolex »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:32 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:21 pm France can count themselves unlucky. If they had Benzema, Pogba and Kante I have no doubt they are winning the WC. Unfortunately I don't see this happening with Coman being the guy off the bench.

At some point, Mbappe will have a bad game, I just don't see them overcoming that.
They had Benzema and Pogba on the field when they were knocked out by Switzerland last year at the Euros.
True, but they won the WC with Pogba and Kante and are better with them in the team.
mblack
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 2 (Olivier, Mbappe) POLAND 0

Post by mblack »

mblack wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:03 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:52 pm
mblack wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:46 pm
hestonap wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:43 pm Grizman such a hardworking and intelligent player. Some people sati play this game.
His biggest problem is that he is a coward, a loser and mentally weak. Thats why he folds and collapses under pressure. He is the reason Atleti failed to win CL and he has cost france as well. Also collapsed under the pressure of playing for a big club - Barca. A player, I would never touch, if I was a coach.
Not true. He is as hard working as hardworking gets. Love his new role.
You said "not true" and then you didnt disprove anything i said.

You said: "He is hardworking"

I said: "he is a coward, a loser and mentally weak."

Feel free to prove my comments wrong. I have receipts! :lol: He is a loser and he folds under pressure. He cost his clubs CL titles multiple times, failed at Barca because he couldn't handle the pressure and has caused France top games because he is mentally weak and a loser. These are facts! Disprove it.
Example: The Barca transfer was a bad one. He made his living as a second striker. Barca plays 4-3-3 and there was no room for a second striker so he was forced to play out of position (wide left) and the coach wanted thin to play with pace (which was not his strength). Things got better when Koeman took over but the narrative was already written.
Take the current French team. Deschamps appreciates his work rate and was creative enough to play him in a new role (again behind the forwards but deeper) so he can be on the field with Mbappe, Giroud and Dembélé.

The fact that you say stuff does not mean it’s fact
How is Griezman doing with the WC pressure?
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa) FT

Post by Coach »

Antoine did more for the cause than Killian. But perhaps over emphasis on the former reduced Walker’s overlapping to a minimum. That said, England matched their potential, France certainly failed theirs. The game had no right being close and certainly shouldn’t have hinged on a missed penalty kick.

Think the changes Southgate made didn’t have the desired effect. Granted Mount won the pen, but beyond that was largely ineffectual. The right hand side was obviously a route to goal, perhaps Trent Ogbunigwe-Arnold would’ve made more sense, switching to a three/five and going with two up top.

Waterloo, water who? With energy prices on the hike, the sooner the boys came home, the sooner the box got switched off. Save a few Bob for Chrimbo. England will come again. Can they win something, arguably not. Perpetual “thereabouts”. The semis are delicately posed. Croatia at 9/2 vs the Argies, salt and pepper the bookie’s arm and bite it off. Morocco-France, if the latter play as they did today, the former will fancy their chances.

Surely it’s a Croatia vs Whoever final. With the Croats more likely to get there than any of the quartet.

To finish, it’s been a pleasure. Hundreds won, hundreds lost. Evens or thereabouts. Will go all in on the Lions and it’s either a loft extension or the house up for sale. B*llocks to the lot of it.