[WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
[WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 3 (Olivier, Mbappe X 2) POLAND 1 (Lewa) FT

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Game will kick off shortly ...
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] FRANCE 0 POLAND 0

Will the Poles ditch their cowardly tactics or will they defend for 120 minutes hoping for penalties?

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:25 pm Will the Poles ditch their cowardly tactics or will they defend for 120 minutes hoping for penalties?

Why is it "cowardly" rather than pragmatic? Defense is part of the game and if a team knows it is better off using that department of the game to its advantage rather than play to its opponent's advantage, I'd call that pragmatic and smart. And it is up to the opposition to figure out how to break down a stubborn and rugged defensive approach.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I fear France will have a very difficult time with Poland parking. This could be the first shock of the playoffs.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

theDunamis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:34 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:25 pm Will the Poles ditch their cowardly tactics or will they defend for 120 minutes hoping for penalties?

Why is it "cowardly" rather than pragmatic? Defense is part of the game and if a team knows it is better off using that department of the game to its advantage rather than play to its opponent's advantage, I'd call that pragmatic and smart. And it is up to the opposition to figure out how to break down a stubborn and rugged defensive approach.
The word "pragmatic" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. 10 men behind the ball is cowardly because the Poles are capable of much more. Football is a balance between attack and defense. When you overly focus on the latter, you aren't respecting the spirit of the game or your own potential to improve. At least put together a decent counter attack once in a while. I hope France scores early so we can watch a decent game.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:03 pm I fear France will have a very difficult time with Poland parking. This could be the first shock of the playoffs.
Oga if France cannot score against Poland they deserve to go home and I will enjoy it mightily if and when they do. Poland have been absolutely dire so far. They are the best argument for reducing UEFA contingent numbers.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lineups:

France: Lloris, Koundé, Varane, Upamecano, T.Hernández, Tchouaméni, Rabiot, Dembélé, Griezmann, Mbappé, Giroud.

Poland: Szczesny, Bereszynski, Glik, Kiwior, Cash, Krychowiak, Zielinski, Szymanski, Frankowski, Kaminski, Lewandowski.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

A very strong France squad. Today Lloris will tie the great Thuram in number of French caps at 142

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:26 pm Lineups:

France: Lloris, Koundé, Varane, Upamecano, T.Hernández, Tchouaméni, Rabiot, Dembélé, Griezmann, Mbappé, Giroud.

Poland: Szczesny, Bereszynski, Glik, Kiwior, Cash, Krychowiak, Zielinski, Szymanski, Frankowski, Kaminski, Lewandowski.
Why is Ibrahima "One Man Defence" Konate not in the centerback pairing? I would have played him instead of Uppermechanic.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I say France in an easy game, 2-0.

Poland is just that bad.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 pm I say France in an easy game, 2-0.

Poland is just that bad.
This world cup has shown us so far that Ndamba( soccer) na for field.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Poland is just that bad.

When will you learn?
There are no easy games in this WC.
Games are being played with only a day rest
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Poland with the high intensity press in early goings

Is this a dagger I see before me?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:09 pmThe word "pragmatic" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. 10 men behind the ball is cowardly because the Poles are capable of much more. Football is a balance between attack and defense. When you overly focus on the latter, you aren't respecting the spirit of the game or your own potential to improve. At least put together a decent counter attack once in a while. I hope France scores early so we can watch a decent game.

The highlighted is subjective. Very subjective. And if the Poles do not think they are capable of much more, then they will play a defensive game because they want to win more than to want to play how others believe they can or should.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Poland is just that bad.

When will you learn?
There are no easy games in this WC.
Games are being played with only a day rest

I get that and normally it's the case.

But this Poland team is just that poor.

To the point where playing a good game is an achievement.

Of course I might be wrong, but I doubt it on this one.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

That was a terrible corner by Griezmann

Wha choo looking at?!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Daum. Tires French team has four players that could represent Cameruin. Mbappe, Tchoumani, Saliba and Kounde.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nice shot by Tchouameni! :clap: :clap: THAT'S how you deal with too many men behind the ball!

Wha choo looking at?!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Let's wait and see, but I don't see how a team will play a world cup - knockout - for 90 minutes with such a tactic and be successful
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its about people not understanding the game.
Playing with a low block is a legitimate tactic in football.

You play to your own strength as well as to minimize the opponent's strength.
The Poles are not on the same talent level as France.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:15 pm
Its about people not understanding the game.
Playing with a low block is a legitimate tactic in football.

You play to your own strength as well as to minimize the opponent's strength.
The Poles are not on the same talent level as France.
If so, I hope they are ready to home home, then.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Poland are looking to 'shift' Rabiot and attack the space behind Hernandez

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Tchoumani is better than Kanté.