[WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 3 (Henderson, Kane, Saka) SENEGAL 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 3 (Henderson, Kane, Saka) SENEGAL 0

Post by marko »

England players, I rebuke you for calling Senegal the African champions on live TV! I rebuke you!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Senegal had too many injuries. Without Gueye, Kouyate and Mane, this was just a bit too much for them. Yes giving up a goal right before the half on a counter was tactical foolishness but overall the English just had more quality and deserved to win.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

marko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm African champions my frigging #$%! they have set the bar so low, a neutral with no knowledge of African football Will think our football is terrible
Quarters. No further. South Korea semi-finalists if not mistaken, even Turkey the same. On a global scale, in international arenas, Africa has done what? Beaten a world champion, gyrated hips next to the corner flag only to be eliminated long before the grapes are pressed talk less of champagnes being put on ice.

Senegal are Africans champions and were soundly beaten by Europe’s runner up. In Russia, they were all out before bedtime. Rewind till the beginning of the tape, ‘tis much the same. Not good enough. Not energised to make up the difference. As was said above, look at the fight in the Wallabies yesterday and contrast that with this shower of sh*t from supposed Lions.

Beaten long before kick off.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Dammm this brought back memories of France 98 Nigeria vs Denmark. :mad:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ipe Grams wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:36 pm Dammm this brought back memories of France 98 Nigeria vs Denmark. :mad:
not for, could see any type of opening for Senegal, my mind's prepared
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:32 pm Senegal had too many injuries. Without Gueye, Kouyate and Mane, this was just a bit too much for them. Yes giving up a goal right before the half on a counter was tactical foolishness but overall the English just had more quality and deserved to win.
Yujam enough with the excuses, Kouyate and Gueye are decent but they definitely wouldn't have made any difference had they played...Mane was the only player that was truly missed.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:52 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:32 pm Senegal had too many injuries. Without Gueye, Kouyate and Mane, this was just a bit too much for them. Yes giving up a goal right before the half on a counter was tactical foolishness but overall the English just had more quality and deserved to win.
Yujam enough with the excuses, Kouyate and Gueye are decent but they definitely wouldn't have made any difference had they played...Mane was the only player that was truly missed.
They would have bro
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I ain’t making excuses

Gueye is the fulcrum of the Senegalese midfield. He was missed big time. Kouyate also would’ve made a difference. I am not saying they would’ve won but they would’ve made a difference particularly in midfield
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm sorry, but Kouyate and Gana Gueye were pivotal to the squad cohesion and are the onfield leaders. Senegal lacked any real leader.

Senegal simply did not have the depth to lose 4 core players and have Mendy out of form...
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 pm
felarey wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:04 pm Senegal were in the game 1st half and still in the game at end of half. Something must have happened in that dressing room.
Weak mentality, a common theme with almost all the African teams in this tournament...only Morocco have shown that they've got some cojones in them.
They lost all the team leaders: Kouyate, Gana, Mane. Who was supposed to lead the charge? No focal point, no player with the same meaning.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

green4life wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:50 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:43 pm
kbt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:39 pm Really wish Mane wasn’t injured
If a team can become this raggedy due to the absence of one player, I doubt if they were any good in the first place.
In fairness they’re missing a lot more than one player. Their two starting midfielders plus Mane alone would’ve kept them in the game longer. The other problem is the coach is not the best relative to Senegal’s ambitions.
They are also missing Bouna Sarr of Bayern.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:06 pm I ain’t making excuses

Gueye is the fulcrum of the Senegalese midfield. He was missed big time. Kouyate also would’ve made a difference. I am not saying they would’ve won but they would’ve made a difference particularly in midfield
And what is it with people suddenly not wanting Senegal to represent? A severely weakened Senegal side confidently made it out of the group. Senegal is also the only African team to have gained at least 4 pts at each World Cup they play and the only African team with more wins than losses. One poor game in which they were severely weakened and suddenly people think Nigeria would do better?

Senegal did well until they lost that goal.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

I was wondering why Sterling was completely absent today. It turns out his family experienced an armed burglary.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -southgate
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

All the goals Senegal conceded today was because they had a doofus as a defensive midfielder - that failed Nampalys Mendy. So, your argument isnt without merit.

However, on the large scheme of things, I was shocked at the defeatist mentality of the Senegalese team. When the first goal went in, they could compose themselves and once that second goal went in, they collapsed.Thats a mentality thing.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:51 amAll the goals Senegal conceded today was because they had a doofus as a defensive midfielder - that failed Nampalys Mendy. So, your argument isnt without merit.

However, on the large scheme of things, I was shocked at the defeatist mentality of the Senegalese team. When the first goal went in, they could compose themselves and once that second goal went in, they collapsed.Thats a mentality thing.
Mendy could have prevented the second goal especially with a tactical foul.
Senegal do not control midfield with Mendy. But in all honesty without Kouyate and Gana they had no one else tested in that role. Also Gana, Kouyate and Mane all could have prevented a mental collapse. There was no one on the field to channel the team emotions.

Gana and Kouyate mattered on three levels:
1. No leader on the field to control the game and the mentality of teammates.
2. No rock solid midfielder to keep hold of ball and offer quiet in midfield.
3. No proven organiser of midfield play.

Mane was needed as a creator and someone to turn too when things are not going their way.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

At the minimum Gueye would have fouled Bellingham properly on the second goal, and I believe he would have tracked his run for the first goal.

People underrate defensive MF's but Senegal missed them today.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:51 am
All the goals Senegal conceded today was because they had a doofus as a defensive midfielder - that failed Nampalys Mendy. So, your argument isnt without merit.

I did not even read this before my post.

100% correct.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm
marko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm African champions my frigging #$%! they have set the bar so low, a neutral with no knowledge of African football Will think our football is terrible
Quarters. No further. South Korea semi-finalists if not mistaken, even Turkey the same. On a global scale, in international arenas, Africa has done what? Beaten a world champion, gyrated hips next to the corner flag only to be eliminated long before the grapes are pressed talk less of champagnes being put on ice.

Senegal are Africans champions and were soundly beaten by Europe’s runner up. In Russia, they were all out before bedtime. Rewind till the beginning of the tape, ‘tis much the same. Not good enough. Not energised to make up the difference. As was said above, look at the fight in the Wallabies yesterday and contrast that with this shower of sh*t from supposed Lions.

Beaten long before kick off.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coachitoooooooo! No kill me oh! :lol: :lol:
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Donzman wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:46 am

At the minimum Gueye would have fouled Bellingham properly on the second goal, and I believe he would have tracked his run for the first goal.

Namphalys Mendy is too lightweight. Gana can be a beast and he is still everywhere. Not as good as prime Gana, but yes: second goal woudl have never happened. Don't get why Cisse stuck with Mendy. Should have stuck with the player from Ecuador game: Pape Gueye.

Why does it always seem that top African sides enter these games without their key players? Remember Essien back in 2006?
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

marutimon wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:53 am
Donzman wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:46 am

Namphalys Mendy is too lightweight. Gana can be a beast and he is still everywhere. Not as good as prime Gana, but yes: second goal woudl have never happened. Don't get why Cisse stuck with Mendy. Should have stuck with the player from Ecuador game: Pape Gueye.

Why does it always seem that top African sides enter these games without their key players? Remember Essien back in 2006?
It is really unfortunate.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 2 (Henderson, Kane) SENEGAL 0

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:02 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:01 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 pm Senegal have lost their shape. So much for local coaches! Give these players to a proper coach and the difference would be clear
Couldn’t be that Ingurland is just….better?
Let us face truth. :(

This is it actually. But it's not a mark of shame. Jeez.

England for all my talk is a fine team.

Again, for me the issue is England meeting a strong team, where they usually fall short.
Make no mistake, if England win this match, they are fully capable of beating France!
Bros, I am very worried. Though England have not faced the likes of Mbappe and Dembele at this WC. Surely Mistake Maguire will dash them some goals? But you are right, and I don dey shake o o o o o!
Donzman
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 2 (Henderson, Kane) SENEGAL 0

Post by Donzman »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:20 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:02 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:01 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 pm Senegal have lost their shape. So much for local coaches! Give these players to a proper coach and the difference would be clear
Couldn’t be that Ingurland is just….better?
Let us face truth. :(

This is it actually. But it's not a mark of shame. Jeez.

England for all my talk is a fine team.

Again, for me the issue is England meeting a strong team, where they usually fall short.
Make no mistake, if England win this match, they are fully capable of beating France!
Bros, I am very worried. Though England have not faced the likes of Mbappe and Dembele at this WC. Surely Mistake Maguire will dash them some goals? But you are right, and I don dey shake o o o o o!
I am counting on Maguire, hope he does not disappoint.

I cannot stand the English media, reading BBC sports this evening and Bellingham is being crowned "best midfielder in the world" already. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I can't believe some of us actually thought Senegal could win this--they did not play particularly well in the first round, and England never fails to beat up minnows. Even with Mane and Gueye, they would have done nada. The team struggles against big teams. It's been so since the last WC and two AFCONs.

My people, the World Cup rule is that minnows own the first round and come to that round to play everything they know, thereby occasioning upsets. But by the round of 16, the ones that are left are sent packing. Leaving the Big Boys in the Quarters. Of course, once in a magical moon, a minnow gets to the Quarters. But the stress and strain catches up to them and they go home.