[WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 3 (Henderson, Kane, Saka) SENEGAL 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 2 (Henderson, Kane) SENEGAL 0

Post by ohsee »

Donzman wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:35 am
ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:20 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:02 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:01 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 pm Senegal have lost their shape. So much for local coaches! Give these players to a proper coach and the difference would be clear
Couldn’t be that Ingurland is just….better?
Let us face truth. :(

This is it actually. But it's not a mark of shame. Jeez.

England for all my talk is a fine team.

Again, for me the issue is England meeting a strong team, where they usually fall short.
Make no mistake, if England win this match, they are fully capable of beating France!
Bros, I am very worried. Though England have not faced the likes of Mbappe and Dembele at this WC. Surely Mistake Maguire will dash them some goals? But you are right, and I don dey shake o o o o o!
I am counting on Maguire, hope he does not disappoint.

I cannot stand the English media, reading BBC sports this evening and Bellingham is being crowned "best midfielder in the world" already. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My bros, if the footie gods have mischief on their minds and give this WC to England, we no go hear word again o! I clearly remember what it was like even in Nigeria back in 1966 when they won. All their players became "the best in the world" at their positions. In Lagos, we were flooded with comic books, annuals and other etcheteram media productions that depicted England football superiority. It will not be sweet at all. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Donzman
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 3 (Henderson, Kane, Saka) SENEGAL 0

Post by Donzman »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:39 am I can't believe some of us actually thought Senegal could win this--they did not play particularly well in the first round, and England never fails to beat up minnows. Even with Mane and Gueye, they would have done nada. The team struggles against big teams. It's been so since the last WC and two AFCONs.

My people, the World Cup rule is that minnows own the first round and come to that round to play everything they know, thereby occasioning upsets. But by the round of 16, the ones that are left are sent packing. Leaving the Big Boys in the Quarters. Of course, once in a magical moon, a minnow gets to the Quarters. But the stress and strain catches up to them and they go home.
Turning out to be very true so far.

I did not truly believe Senegal would win but I expected a closer game/better performance. The team basically fell apart after the first goal.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:39 am I can't believe some of us actually thought Senegal could win this--they did not play particularly well in the first round, and England never fails to beat up minnows. Even with Mane and Gueye, they would have done nada. The team struggles against big teams. It's been so since the last WC and two AFCONs.

My people, the World Cup rule is that minnows own the first round and come to that round to play everything they know, thereby occasioning upsets. But by the round of 16, the ones that are left are sent packing. Leaving the Big Boys in the Quarters. Of course, once in a magical moon, a minnow gets to the Quarters. But the stress and strain catches up to them and they go home.

KPOM.

It is what it is.

I just only would add that the margins are smaller than ever...but a few moments make all the difference.

The better teams know how to capitalize on those moments.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Uhm Chief. Senegal has beaten France before. History shows us they’ve always done a decent job in the first round - At least 4 pts in every WC they’ve been to. Their record is among the best from Africa.

They didn’t play well today and actually played quite naively when they conceded the second goal. But I disagree with your view that they wouldn’t have done anything with Gana and Mane. After all this is a team that played with Pathe Ciss and Krispin Diatta in midfield today who are nowhere at the level of Gana and Kouyate or the other Bayern guy that played in the CAN. Additionally, Mane is the second best player in the world per FIFA. He surely would’ve given England something to think about.

I think you are too harsh on Senegal but perhaps your response is driven by the disappointment of today’s underwhelming performance

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [WC 2022 R16] ENGLAND 3 (Henderson, Kane, Saka) SENEGAL 0 FT

Post by mcal »

...why do you all Nigerians in the UK dislike the English football team so much? Is it past colonialism? As per boasting, we Nigerians do the same, either we copied from them or they copied from us perfected it and are winning with it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:00 am ...why do you all Nigerians in the UK dislike the English football team so much? Is it past colonialism? As per boasting, we Nigerians do the same, either we copied from them or they copied from us perfected it and are winning with it.
What is there to like though? People are usually attracted to winners. What is there to like?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Well said. Puts things into perspective for me. I am so disappointed because i actually thought they would have put up a better fight. :sad:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Two words. Waterloo.
Duke Wellington. Jude Bellingham. Phonetics.
The best France have to offer has been met on bloodiest fields and absolutely annihilated. When it comes to the crunch, what’s Brie to a Rich Tea biscuit? France don’t have the heart for it, they didn’t at Waterloo, didn’t at the Somme and wont wherever Farouk draws the white line.

It’s over. Napoleon knew it. Deschamps knows it. Ohsee knows it.

2-1, setpiece aplenty.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I'm sorry the African champions losing 3-0 is such a way is extremely lame.

This defeat taints their whole world cup performance in 2022. I believe they're one of the weakest African champions in recent times.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:09 am
mcal wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:00 am ...why do you all Nigerians in the UK dislike the English football team so much? Is it past colonialism? As per boasting, we Nigerians do the same, either we copied from them or they copied from us perfected it and are winning with it.
What is there to like though? People are usually attracted to winners. What is there to like?
Kpom. They are generally not likable people now. Plus there is boasting and there is boasting. They will be insufferable if they win. Never mind Nigerians, their gaelic cousins the Irish, Welsh and Scots know them well and do not want them to win.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Orion wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 am I'm sorry the African champions losing 3-0 is such a way is extremely lame.

This defeat taints their whole world cup performance in 2022. I believe they're one of the weakest African champions in recent times.
They are not a deep team and have injury problems. It would be like Nigeria playing England without Osimhen, Iwobi and Ndidi.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:33 am
Orion wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 am I'm sorry the African champions losing 3-0 is such a way is extremely lame.

They are not a deep team and have injury problems. It would be like Nigeria playing England without Osimhen, Iwobi and Ndidi.
In a competitive game, I seriously doubt they'll lose 3-0 to England even without those players. We had such a team in 2002 when the coach (or Nigeria) fell out when a bunch of our established players and we took newbies to the WC. England didn't beat us 3-0.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:01 pm
AreaDaddy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:59 pm Shiiiii....t

3 goals no reply.

Well Live goes on.

I guess you will gba Christmas like the rest of us now :D :taunt: :taunt:
:biggrin: :biggrin: lol

Na so we see am.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I actually predicted 4 nil to England but i guess i fell short, Senegal were never going to beat England, only in your fantasies, Cameroon would have stood a better chance, at least they how to score, Senegal striker, watched him through the tournament, does not inspire confidence at all, yes mane is missing, Pogba, Kante, Benzema are missing as well, what difference does it make? people can hate England as much as they want to, yes, they are not world beaters, they never were, history speaks for itself, but they have improved as a team, nobody can take that away from them, again their recent history proves it, how will they perform against France, that will be their first real test, they have beaten minnows so far, and France has attacking options as well, then we have Mbappe who only need a sniff to pounce, England will be up for it, no doubt, they have the talent to destroy French back line, and yes we have a Nigerian in the English team Saka, we should be proud of him and want him to do well irrespective of the boastful english press, as far as am concerned, the game is 50-50!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:38 am Uhm Chief. Senegal has beaten France before. History shows us they’ve always done a decent job in the first round - At least 4 pts in every WC they’ve been to. Their record is among the best from Africa.

They didn’t play well today and actually played quite naively when they conceded the second goal. But I disagree with your view that they wouldn’t have done anything with Gana and Mane. After all this is a team that played with Pathe Ciss and Krispin Diatta in midfield today who are nowhere at the level of Gana and Kouyate or the other Bayern guy that played in the CAN. Additionally, Mane is the second best player in the world per FIFA. He surely would’ve given England something to think about.

I think you are too harsh on Senegal but perhaps your response is driven by the disappointment of today’s underwhelming performance

Chief, did you read my post? Yes, Senegal beat France IN THE FIRST ROUND--see my second paragraph. And one player or two do not a team make, or do much if a coach gets his preparation, strategy and tactics wrong. After all, Gana and Mane were there in 2018 and Senegal still went home in the first round.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:06 am Two words. Waterloo.
The best France have to offer has been met on bloodiest fields and absolutely annihilated. When it comes to the crunch, what’s Brie to a Rich Tea biscuit? France don’t have the heart for it, they didn’t at Waterloo, didn’t at the Somme and wont wherever Farouk draws the white line.

2-1, setpiece aplenty.
:biggrin: :biggrin:
We shall see. The Ingrish be lookin' good, I must admit, with their one-touch passing and stuff. But I have one name for you: MBAPEEEEEEEEE! :D :taunt: Sorry, two more names: Mistake Maguire and Calamity John Stones. :lol: :lol: :biggrin: That scary pairing will have to bring their A +++++ game to stop the speedy, bamboozlin' French. We shall see. :biggrin:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

2-1, setpiece aplenty.
Sorry to crush your crumpet but la belle France has the most military victoires :mrgreen: of any nation on earth. There is a reason virtually all universal military terms, including military ranks and strategies, are taken from French.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:09 pm

2-1, setpiece aplenty.
We shall see. The Ingrish be lookin' good, I must admit, with their one-touch passing and stuff. But I have one name for you: MBAPEEEEEEEEE! :D :taunt: Sorry, two more names: Mistake Maguire and Calamity John Stones. :lol: :lol: :biggrin: That scary pairing will have to bring their A +++++ game to stop the speedy, bamboozlin' French. We shall see. :biggrin:
I'm not entirely convinced by the French defense. They have leaked goals in every game of this WC. The English are masters of set pieces and could get some joy there. Like you said however, there is a big soft center of the English defense that hasn't been tested yet because they haven't met really capable teams yet.

My prediction 3-2 France or 2-2 after extra time and PKs to decide

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:33 pm

2-1, setpiece aplenty.

I'm not entirely convinced by the French defense. They have leaked goals in every game of this WC. The English are masters of set pieces and could get some joy there. Like you said however, there is a big soft center of the English defense that hasn't been tested yet because they haven't met really capable teams yet.

I agree about the French defence. I suggest a central defence pair of Upermecano and "One man defence" Konate, two guys who have played together before, with one having lots of experience in England. Rabiot and Tchouameni have to make a better midfield defensive contribution than they have so far. Chei! Where are my boyz Pogba and N'Golo the Great? :sad: If they were there, Ingerlund be goin home on Saturday. :biggrin:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:04 pm

2-1, setpiece aplenty.

I agree about the French defence. I suggest a central defence pair of Upermecano and "One man defence" Konate, two guys who have played together before, with one having lots of experience in England. Rabiot and Tchouameni have to make a better midfield defensive contribution than they have so far. Chei! Where are my boyz Pogba and N'Golo the Great? :sad: If they were there, Ingerlund be goin home on Saturday. :biggrin:
If Benzema were there it'd be a question of how bad will the beating be.

I think it'll be close and France to shade it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:37 pm

2-1, setpiece aplenty.

:thumbs:
Chei! I forgot Benz o o o! I hope my boyz win. Coachito, if they win, I will laff you oh! :biggrin:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:51 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:37 pm

2-1, setpiece aplenty.

:thumbs:
Chei! I forgot Benz o o o! I hope my boyz win. Coachito, if they win, I will laff you oh! :biggrin:
Does coach know how many of England's finest perished in the Battle of the Somme? He wouldn't reference it if he knew. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Scipio, most military victories against who? Record padded up with more Bermanes and Breazeles than Deontay “battered by the British” Wilder. A hundred thousand fisticuffs West of Mombasa and walking around like the Dixon of Dock Green. How low did your balls hang in Waterloo “Missyor” Military title? Napoleon Papa Smurf torn a brand new “hole du toilette”.

Giroud? Been there, done it. Ran out of town, couldn’t hack it. Stoke vs Sheff Utd 3 weeks back, Phil Jagielka - check, Sam Clucas - check, Tyrese Campbell - check, ou es L’Olivier? Eating gelatos in La bistro della Milanese. Wanted none of it!

Mbappe has bagged all the bonbons thus far but hasn’t faced anything like it! M&S (Maguire and Stones).

“avez-vous un pain au chocolat s’il vous plait?”.

“Av’ay who?, your av’aying a larff mate! 800 thousand Euros a week an’ not a penny legal tender. Boll*cks”.

Ohsee, sing along chappies…

Waterloo
I was defeated, you won the war.
Waterloo
Promise to love you forevermore.
Waterloo
Couldn't escape if I wanted to.
Waterloo
Knowing my fate is to be with you.
Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa-Waterloo
Finally facing my Waterloo.

What’s your military might to an ABBA classic. Been there, done it, got the vinyl. Next!!!!