I will never trust another West African team again!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I will never trust another West African team again!

Post by Cito »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:36 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:58 pm Ndugu we keep sending the same rubbish teams which are very predictable. They all have pace and physique and European teams know this and can counter it easily

I knew the outcome before the ball was kicked but didn't think the coutcome would be this disgraceful for so called African champions

Ndugu football wise we are still in the stone age :rotf: :veryangry: :boo:
Ndugu,
It was evident from the 5th minute that Senegal wanted an early goal. They threw the whole team into attack, leaving no one to defend. When England realized this, they could not believe their luck. They snuck in a goal to no one's dismay. But Senegal was still playing the same formation. Then England got the 2nd goal before half-time! The Senegalese coach could not change his mind halfway and stuck to his original game plan! He could not adapt fast enough. What a zero coach! Ndugu, never trust West Africa when it matters. Do you see how Kenya often takes care of business during the Olympics? We have won more medals than the rest of Africa combined since the dawn of the Olympics. West Africa should be one big country. Then they can field one team to the World cup. Their coach should be someone who knows the minds of oyinbo coaches. Someone who can read a game. Everyone was laughing at the glaring defect in Senegal's defensive line. :sad: :sad:
Does Kenya have a national team? I mean a team that plays football?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Part of the problem is squad depth. Senegal without a clinical finisher in Sadki Mane and their midfield engine Gueye was not able to handle England.
If they went ahead and had a more solid MF it could have been a different game..English players can lose confidence fast because of their past ahem..disappointments
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:58 pm Ndugu we keep sending the same rubbish teams which are very predictable. They all have pace and physique and European teams know this and can counter it easily

I knew the outcome before the ball was kicked but didn't think the coutcome would be this disgraceful for so called African champions

Ndugu football wise we are still in the stone age :rotf: :veryangry: :boo:
The issue is the Europeans recruited the same Africans into their various systems, and tried to make them work out over time. Some successful, others not. They know the level of development the players are at. Then create patterns/systems to maximize their contribution/value. Not their overall development.

The other issue is whether the home FA/coaches have or believe in a system that would utilize those same players in an optimal way given their strength, weaknesses, and exposure.

The George Weah that you see that was deadly in AC Milan colors can't replicate that form in Liberian colors given the player pool, and system. Ditto for Drogba, and others.

In the absence of a serious league that provides an opportunity for a larger player pool, and tested philosophies, most sub-saharan African teams are going into the WC to gamble. just to try their luck.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Well, there will be 9 african teams at the WC in 2026. Maybe we will see one East african team there.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

felarey wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:26 pm Well, there will be 9 african teams at the WC in 2026. Maybe we will see one East african team there.
I doubt it. The Countries that missed out - Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Mali, DRC, Zambia, CIV, and South Africa - will probably share the slots. I don't think any East African team has a chance tbh. They just aren't good enough and are not producing players.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:39 pm
felarey wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:26 pm Well, there will be 9 african teams at the WC in 2026. Maybe we will see one East african team there.
I doubt it. The Countries that missed out - Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Mali, DRC, Zambia, CIV, and South Africa - will probably share the slots. I don't think any East African team has a chance tbh. They just aren't good enough and are not producing players.
They could. What is the qualification route? If CAF has it that two teams must come from the EAST, WEST, NORTH, SOUTH, you might just get Kenya or Uganda qualifying.

Just imagine Kenya vs Argentina. The record television audience will be the least of the Kenya's team contribution to FIFA lore.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

OJI wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:53 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:39 pm
They could. What is the qualification route? If CAF has it that two teams must come from the EAST, WEST, NORTH, SOUTH, you might just get Kenya or Uganda qualifying.

Just imagine Kenya vs Argentina. The record television audience will be the least of the Kenya's team contribution to FIFA lore.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't see Argentina doing to Kenya the same thing they did to Nigeria over and over again! If only we could tackle the monster known as corruption, our footie will one day be the talk of the continent! With zero Oyinbo coaches!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

A thread started by a wind up merchant
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:46 am A thread started by a wind up merchant
Exactly, most people know even he doesnt believe the BS he spouts :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.