We have refused to learn from the Asians in all spheres of activity

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: We have refused to learn from the Asians in all spheres of activity

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Asia can keep their football , we no want
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lmao thread not aging well at all.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

just one more post..our competion nah Europe and Brazil /Argentina...no other Confed better pass CAF ..FACT not feelings
SuperEagles

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Yet again, knee jerk reactions
Yes African teams lost some games but when we project and start using tropes like naive (words inherrited from the colonial masters used by us to make us seem like we are making intelligent statement about ourselves), it shows we are operating from emotions and not calm, reasoned approach

If you don't put in the time, how can you get the results

Sometimes we also meet luck which can help and hurt us but the emotional handbagging is but entertaining and sad at the same time

Enjoy life, enjoy the game, if you really expect a change them be the change you want otherwise, just enjoy the games like every other fan on earth and not claim to be anything other than an armchair analyst :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:55 pm Lmao thread not aging well at all.
As usual you miss the point. This is not just about one game or even football exclusively. Read the damned thread title

Wha choo looking at?!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Scipio Africanus (she/him) is a yeye guy but this is what he said:
Humility, sustained hard work, efforts towards the collective good, perseverance, accountability and honesty in conducting national affairs.
Definitely, Nigeria can learn from this attitude to national affairs. Football is just one sport asians have become good at. Our true potential is we ought to be ahead of them in football. As we see, we're falling behind in many other areas including track and field. We haven't harnessed our potential in sports despite the fact that we have all the natural talent as much as anyone else.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:50 pm stating the obvious Japan were quite naïve today. poor clearances into danger, passing up clear shooting opportunities to pass, not to mention the pks.

they too have a lot to learn.
The Japanese will learn. They have a track record of sustained success in other spheres of human behaviour. Those are transferable skills.

I am not sure about us. We rely on the stars aligning and divine intervention rather the unsexy but necessary grift of doing the simple and disciplined things on a consistent basis. Attention to detail etc. you look at the Asian teams, they will match us for fitness time and again. In 1995, you were guaranteed we would steam roll them.

Bet you the Japanese or South Koreans are more likely to secure a semi-final berth than we are. What am I talking about, the South Koreans have already done that. They did it 20 years ago and we are still waxing lyrical about the 90s and a Nigerian team for all its skill set that skill set was not disciplined enough and ultimately underachieved
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You guys should look within first.

According to the Hoppi prophecy, Africans have the most powerful and humble gift of all nations.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:55 pm Humility, sustained hard work, efforts towards the collective good, perseverance, accountability and honesty in conducting national affairs.

Look at how their teams are performing at the WC. Meanwhile we are still stuck in 1998, arguing about LC vs FC and all that nonsense. We are still unable to organize a piss up in a brewery. Abeg leave matta

I am backing Japan to make it to the quarters and beyond.
Mr self denigrator, what exactly do you want us to learn from Asia? We already know how to get knocked out in the round of 16. What else is there❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I'm enjoying this :D :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:02 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:55 pm Humility, sustained hard work, efforts towards the collective good, perseverance, accountability and honesty in conducting national affairs.

Look at how their teams are performing at the WC. Meanwhile we are still stuck in 1998, arguing about LC vs FC and all that nonsense. We are still unable to organize a piss up in a brewery. Abeg leave matta

I am backing Japan to make it to the quarters and beyond.
Mr self denigrator, what exactly do you want us to learn from Asia? We already know how to get knocked out in the round of 16. What else is there❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
Read THE DAMNED THREAD TITLE. ALL SPHERES OF ACTIVITY, NOT JUST SOCCER!

Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Honda, Toyota, Kawasaki, Nissan, Isuzu, Datsun, Hitachi, Kia, Hyundai, Samsung, Daewoo, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Akai and many more. Young Asians leaving college have their choice of world class companies AT HOME, to work for. These companies are also a steady source of funds for football and much more. These Japanese and South Koreans have already established very organized leagues pumping out a steady stream of technically accomplished footballers. They can choose to return home and get paid very well, IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY!

Meanwhile these old African cvnts scattered all over the world, thousands of miles away from their countries of origin want to pretend that everything is OK, that we have nothing to learn. Mgbo, MGBO MGBO !!!! Tufia! What kind of inferiority complex is this that one refuses to accept correction?!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Yes we are doing very well indeed. Japan has 7 wins at the World Cup, MORE THAN ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY. Their first World Cup was in 1998. Cameroon and Nigeria have been stinking up the WC since 1982 and 1994 respectively. Useless bunch of deluded cvnts!

You try to correct a useless person, before you have said one word they have said 20 words at maximum volume, full of sound and fury, like the idiots they are! Cursed hounds! :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Scipio, Stuck in ‘98, for what? Re-runs of Rommedahl. Nothing to learn, the game has moved on. It’s a science and if you don’t have the Bunsen burners you’re all noble gas and no Earth metals.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:58 am Yes we are doing very well indeed. Japan has 7 wins at the World Cup, MORE THAN ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY. Their first World Cup was in 1998. Cameroon and Nigeria have been stinking up the WC since 1982 and 1994 respectively. Useless bunch of deluded cvnts!

You try to correct a useless person, before you have said one word they have said 20 words at maximum volume, full of sound and fury, like the idiots they are! Cursed hounds! :mrgreen:
You can look at that from another angle. Despite all the things were supposed to learn from them, they've been to the WC finals 8 times but have never gone past the 2nd round. Three African Nations have reached the QF.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:06 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:58 am Yes we are doing very well indeed. Japan has 7 wins at the World Cup, MORE THAN ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY. Their first World Cup was in 1998. Cameroon and Nigeria have been stinking up the WC since 1982 and 1994 respectively. Useless bunch of deluded cvnts!

You can look at that from another angle. Despite all the things were supposed to learn from them, they've been to the WC finals 8 times but have never gone past the 2nd round. Three African Nations have reached the QF.
You know South Korea has been to the World Cup semi finals, right? Which African country has done that? We have also been playing football much longer than Japan and Korea. Much longer. Japan's national sport until the mid 2000s used to be Baseball. Yes, Baseball! Abeg tok betta!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:03 am @Scipio, Stuck in ‘98, for what? Re-runs of Rommedahl. Nothing to learn, the game has moved on. It’s a science and if you don’t have the Bunsen burners you’re all noble gas and no Earth metals.
Then let's move heaven and earth to get the science. Big for nothing is no way to go through life. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Education. Healthcare. Transport. Work and Pensions. Shambolic in all the above, institutions requisite for the mildest standard of living. To expect anything other than absolute failure elsewhere borders on madness. Football is just another off licence in Sin City.

There are better ways to squander the pipe dream.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:17 pm This is why some Africans never go anywhere. They would rather eat cold dog $hi!t than accept correction :mrgreen:
:rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:19 am
Coach wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:03 am @Scipio, Stuck in ‘98, for what? Re-runs of Rommedahl. Nothing to learn, the game has moved on. It’s a science and if you don’t have the Bunsen burners you’re all noble gas and no Earth metals.
Then let's move heaven and earth to get the science. Big for nothing is no way to go through life. :mrgreen:
Big for nothing is the Nigerian way. Do you think the Japanese FA will allow the CEO of Mitsubishi or Toyota to visit the dressing room at half-time and address the players? If I ever see Pinnick I'll throw a slipper at him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SCopio my guy :lol: 8-) , why you dey dig? So you no fit tell Asian countries, like Iran( 6-2) China, North Korea, Qatar and Korea wey chop 4 , why them no gree learn from Japan...instead you run go Africa say make Senegal, ghana, Egypt , Morocco , Cameroon, CIV plus South Africa... same make them learn ball from a local Champion like Japan ..chei
SuperEagles

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Scipio et al

I understand your frustration

I also feel we cannot shame or denigrate ourselves to success

We just have to get on with it

We need to have structures/ leadership in place and hold their feet to the fire

We all collectively must have that vision for success

Until that collective thinking is set we will struggle

I push back a lot on when folks here say Africans cannot play football or we are naive , while some may say it’s the hard truth , my response is, so why has that done to encourage our folks ?

I guess it’s the difference between saying “You are wrong, I am right“ and “this is how we can make things better, together “
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Why would African teams want to learn from Asians in regards to football? Is their something uniquely Asian towards their football? And is their something distinctively African, so that all teams could learn something from Asian teams?

Btw Japan advanced in 2002 with a FC, was eliminated in 2006 with a FC, advanced in 2010 with a Local coach, was eliminated in 2014 with a FC and advanced in 2018 and 2022 with local coaches respectively.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I wonder if the same arguments regarding African football development on this thread have been repeated on past World Cup threads but nothing has changed since then