We have refused to learn from the Asians in all spheres of activity

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
We have refused to learn from the Asians in all spheres of activity

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Humility, sustained hard work, efforts towards the collective good, perseverance, accountability and honesty in conducting national affairs.

Look at how their teams are performing at the WC. Meanwhile we are still stuck in 1998, arguing about LC vs FC and all that nonsense. We are still unable to organize a piss up in a brewery. Abeg leave matta

I am backing Japan to make it to the quarters and beyond.

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We have refused to learn from the Asians in all spheres of activity

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:55 pm Humility, sustained hard work, efforts towards the collective good, perseverance, accountability and honesty in conducting national affairs.

Look at how their teams are performing at the WC. Meanwhile we are still stuck in 1998, arguing about LC vs FC and all that nonsense. We are still unable to organize a piss up in a brewery. Abeg leave matta

The biggest problem we face as Africans is that we are not good at things that require structure and long term planning because we don’t cooperate with each other well enough.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:10 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:55 pm Humility, sustained hard work, efforts towards the collective good, perseverance, accountability and honesty in conducting national affairs.

The biggest problem we face as Africans is that we are not good at things that require structure and long term planning because we don’t cooperate with each other well enough.
And why is that? Is it because we are different ethnic groups crammed together by the British, French and Portuguese or is it intrinsic to the African temperament?

Wha choo looking at?!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:27 pm

And why is that? Is it because we are different ethnic groups crammed together by the British, French and Portuguese or is it intrinsic to the African temperament?
I do not think so. Even country that are homogeneous ethnically and religiously like Equatorial Guinea have this problem.

I think there is the lack of having an alphabet. We learn very little from the mistakes of our ancestors and do not look back very far in history either. For example the chinese in their competition with the US, cite ideas from the 10th century.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

A little bit of everything but most important is that we believe in individuals not instituitions. Its evident in our politics where people defect in large numbers to support an individual not a principle. Unfortunately, only instuitions can build long term success. We try to circumvent that by chosing individuals that will yield to interests in our institutions. Thats why we're abjectly poor and not going anywhere.
OCCUPY NFF!!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm

A little bit of everything but most important is that we believe in individuals not instituitions. Its evident in our politics where people defect in large numbers to support an individual not a principle. Unfortunately, only instuitions can build long term success. We try to circumvent that by chosing individuals that will yield to interests in our institutions. Thats why we're abjectly poor and not going anywhere.
I do not believe that this is the central problem. Countries like Rwnada have done well under a dictator and some have fallen into chaos despite democracy. You are repeating the western solution for african problems, which is inadequate.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

camex wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm

I do not think so. Even country that are homogeneous ethnically and religiously like Equatorial Guinea have this problem.

I think there is the lack of having an alphabet. We learn very little from the mistakes of our ancestors and do not look back very far in history either. For example the chinese in their competition with the US, cite ideas from the 10th century.
I think you are on to something here. A written alphabet is a base for creating and building upon achievements, learning from history and also creating togetherness.

But now we have a written alphabet. We've had that for over 100 years. Now what? I think we also have another problem. In general we value the wrong things.

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

camex wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm

I do not believe that this is the central problem. Countries like Rwnada have done well under a dictator and some have fallen into chaos despite democracy. You are repeating the western solution for african problems, which is inadequate.
[/quote

A smart dictator is better than a corrupt democracy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

stating the obvious Japan were quite naïve today. poor clearances into danger, passing up clear shooting opportunities to pass, not to mention the pks.

they too have a lot to learn.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:50 pm stating the obvious Japan were quite naïve today. poor clearances into danger, passing up clear shooting opportunities to pass, not to mention the pks.

:agree:
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:50 pm stating the obvious Japan were quite naïve today. poor clearances into danger, passing up clear shooting opportunities to pass, not to mention the pks.

:agree:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Less than we do. Ahh! Where are the keys to my Honda? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Abacha was a missed opportunity. Never has one man had absolute power to rule over Naija. But he turned out to be a evil, blood thirsty kleptomaniac. A well meaning Abacha could have made a difference. He still has uncompleted edifices in Lagos.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they should go back and learn how to kick PKs... they were so naïve
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man their pks were horrible. They really should have won this game.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Also you be my guy, but this your thread head no dey house.. at this worldcup, no Asian team is better than any of the CAF teams .. even though CAF vs AFC resulted in one win each, they haven't been better than any of the CAF teams. This is a fact....

Make una watch ball and stop getting overwhelmed
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:51 pm

Also you be my guy, but this your thread head no dey house.. at this worldcup, no Asian team is better than any of the CAF teams .. even though CAF vs AFC resulted in one win each, they haven't been better than any of the CAF teams. This is a fact....

Which CAF team beat teams like Spain and Germany in the same WC, and also topped their group?

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 pm

Which CAF team beat teams like Spain and Germany in the same WC, and also topped their group?
which CAF team was in the same group as Spain and Germany? I have to agree with the honorable BP this thread ain't it.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Senegal and Ghana both beat AFC teams.
Saints baby we did it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we've defeated all those teams, nah... they are all out..Saudi, Japan and SK will join them.. the truth is the top 8 teams are the true elites . Most are world cup winners or finalist.. every other Confed are on par with each other . Also favored fixtures do go a long way for a deep worldcup run
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:02 pm

Senegal and Ghana both beat AFC teams.
yes oo , I forget ,. 3 match ups and we won 2
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:00 pm

which CAF team was in the same group as Spain and Germany? I have to agree with the honorable BP this thread ain't it.
Abeg bring reading comp skills next taim

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

This is why some Africans never go anywhere. They would rather eat cold dog $hi!t than accept correction :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!