[WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

felarey wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:32 pm Moroccans are not arabs, they are North Africans. They'd stone you if you call them arabs especially the ones speaking Berber and not Arabic. They were conquered by arabs and anyone of them considering themselves arabs are just products of arabisation (if that's a word). None the less, they are Africans.
This is not entirely correct.

Morocco is mostly an Arabic and Muslim nation - and yes they are African.

Berbers are the minority.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
atlas86
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Post by atlas86 »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:09 pm
Donzman wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:02 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:57 pm Is it an accident or is there something to the fact that commentators keep saying the Arab world and not the African world are celebrating Morocco’s success?

Wonder whether those North African nations consider themselves more Arabian than African
They are both.
Morocco consider themselves Arab first, European next and African only when convenient.
Even their 2010 Africa World Cup bid was declined for being unAfrican.
No morrocan consider himself as european we are berbers african and arab.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

atlas86 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:00 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:57 pm Is it an accident or is there something to the fact that commentators keep saying the Arab world and not the African world are celebrating Morocco’s success?

Wonder whether those North African nations consider themselves more Arabian than African
They are both.
Morocco consider themselves Arab first, European next and African only when convenient.
Congratulations on your great victory! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is how i am feeling about CAF football in Qatar
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

They are both.
wrong, a Ugandan knows more about your country than you do.

long time no see, congrats brother!
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

They are both.

Alsalam Aleikum from a Croatian-American my brother.

Croatia and Morocco made it to the final 8...confirming the superiority of our group.

Welcome to success. How does it feel? Lets both of us act like we've been there before.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just messing. Good luck to Morocco and Croatia.

Naysayers are doubting both our teams against Portugal and Brazil.

We will show them, In-sha-Allah!
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Hakimi, the guy who coolly slotted the last winning penalty for Morocco was born and bred in Spain, and was trained in the youth set-up at Real Madrid. :D :taunt: E pain ndi Spain. :biggrin: Why was he not capped for Spain? These are neighbouring countries. If you stand near the water at the yacht club in Malaga, you can see the Atlas mountains in Moorocco. :lol: Just a small boat ride across the sea. That's how come the Moors were able to cross over and rule parts of Spain for 800 years. :thumbs: When Africans were kings. :D Today we ruled Spain again in football. :biggrin:

On another note, why was Laporte crying at the end? No be Frenchman e be? :biggrin: His team still dey for Wol Cup. Yes, I know why he was crying. Na yokes a dey yokes. :biggrin:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:47 am Hakimi, the guy who coolly slotted the last winning penalty for Morocco was born and bred in Spain, and was trained in the youth set-up at Real Madrid. :D :taunt: E pain ndi Spain. :biggrin: Why was he not capped for Spain? These are neighbouring countries. If you stand near the water at the yacht club in Malaga, you can see the Atlas mountains in Moorocco. :lol: Just a small boat ride across the sea. That's how come the Moors were able to cross over and rule parts of Spain for 800 years. :thumbs: When Africans were kings. :D Today we ruled Spain again in football. :biggrin:

On another note, why was Laporte crying at the end? No be Frenchman e be? :biggrin: His team still dey for Wol Cup. Yes, I know why he was crying. Na yokes a dey yokes. :biggrin:
they tried to cap him clay, he didn't agree. good for him.
Saints baby we did it
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:47 am Hakimi, the guy who coolly slotted the last winning penalty for Morocco was born and bred in Spain, and was trained in the youth set-up at Real Madrid. :D :taunt: E pain ndi Spain. :biggrin: Why was he not capped for Spain? These are neighbouring countries. If you stand near the water at the yacht club in Malaga, you can see the Atlas mountains in Moorocco. :lol: Just a small boat ride across the sea. That's how come the Moors were able to cross over and rule parts of Spain for 800 years. :thumbs: When Africans were kings. :D Today we ruled Spain again in football. :biggrin:

:curse: Im so mad at Enrique. Why didnt he take Ramos? That was the guy Spain needed to help break down that Moroccan bus.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 am

:curse: Im so mad at Enrique. Why didnt he take Ramos? That was the guy Spain needed to help break down that Moroccan bus.
Ramos the defender?

I think Thiago was more needed.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:03 am
bret- hart wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 am

Ramos the defender?

I think Thiago was more needed.
Yes that Ramos.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

They are both.
Well, the FIFA members who saw Morocco’s 2010 World Cup bid presentation were left with the impresssion that Morocco was European. Certainly not African.

That’s how Morocco lost out to S. Africa.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0 SPAIN 0

Post by Cito »

King Futcha wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:36 pm
Cito wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:31 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:17 pm
Cito wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:15 pm Morocco needs at least an average striker and they will be OK. That #21 no be am.
he's good unfortunately the bright lights are getting to him.
You mean all these chances he kept missing ,that an average striker could put away, were caused by the occasion?
he has nine goals and four assists in twelve appearances this season, i'd say thats pretty good, so i will conclude its the occasion.
While playing in serie B. Don’t forget to add that little info.
The guy shouldn’t be on the team. He is below average and Morocco needs better.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0 SPAIN 0

Post by King Futcha »

Cito wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:30 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:36 pm
Cito wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:31 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:17 pm
Cito wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:15 pm Morocco needs at least an average striker and they will be OK. That #21 no be am.
he's good unfortunately the bright lights are getting to him.
You mean all these chances he kept missing ,that an average striker could put away, were caused by the occasion?
he has nine goals and four assists in twelve appearances this season, i'd say thats pretty good, so i will conclude its the occasion.
While playing in serie B. Don’t forget to add that little info.
The guy shouldn’t be on the team. He is below average and Morocco needs better.
im gonna safely assume you've never seen the guy play before yesterday. he knows how to score, that is why he was in the team. he didn't perform yesterday but to say he doesn't deserve to be there based on that, is lazy analysis. but you apparently know better than the coach who has his team in the quarterfinals so i will leave it there.
Saints baby we did it
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:13 pm
felarey wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:32 pm Moroccans are not arabs, they are North Africans. They'd stone you if you call them arabs especially the ones speaking Berber and not Arabic. They were conquered by arabs and anyone of them considering themselves arabs are just products of arabisation (if that's a word). None the less, they are Africans.

They are as Arabic as Nigeria is English. Any arab influence came from conquest. If nigerians were white, we could be called English.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Interestingly, Morocco’s defeat of Spain brought rapturous applause and celebration across the so-called Arab world and in diasporic communities identifying as such. Prominent buildings and monuments have been lit up in Moroccan red or draped in their flag and footage of the Palestinian flag be toasted in the dressing room is doing the rounds. Why Palestine and not the GWG or colours of their fallen, departure lounge comrades?

Given their representation of all Africa according to Cyberia, is there any evidence of similar celebrations in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, South Africa, Cote D’Ivoire, Kenya, Uganda, Congo etc etc. After all, is this not a triumph for all Africa?

Why’s the homepage still green? Throw some Red on it Mods, Africa’s up in this biyatch.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

felarey wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:55 pm

They are as Arabic as Nigeria is English. Any arab influence came from conquest. If nigerians were white, we could be called English.
It is not the same at all bros. They are Arab and Berber Africans just as the only Moroccan here has said.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:40 am

It is not the same at all bros. They are Arab and Berber Africans just as the only Moroccan here has said.
The Moroccan has spoken but Nigerians will correct him and tell him what they think he is. :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Not gonna argue, Berbers are indigenous to Morocco, Arabs are not. They are very distinct people only united by religion i.e. Islam (sunni) hence why some think they're arabs. Many have eurocentric features like green, blue eyes, red, blonde hair etc. Arabs have black hair, brown/black eyes. If it counts, once dated a moroccan from Montreal, for the love of God, they don't want to be called arabs. Lebanese? Maybe...

If you interact with them for 2 mins, you'd know they're not the same as saudis, emiratis, qataris etc. Outfits more colourful, more horsemen than arabs. Now Morocco itself has many settlers...arabs, turks, persians, east europeans, kurds etc.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:46 am

The Moroccan has spoken but Nigerians will correct him and tell him what they think he is. :rotf:
Common now, sometimes we argue over igbo vs ibo. I wouldn't pick my awareness from CE.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:19 am Interestingly, Morocco’s defeat of Spain brought rapturous applause and celebration across the so-called Arab world and in diasporic communities identifying as such. Prominent buildings and monuments have been lit up in Moroccan red or draped in their flag and footage of the Palestinian flag be toasted in the dressing room is doing the rounds. Why Palestine and not the GWG or colours of their fallen, departure lounge comrades?

Given their representation of all Africa according to Cyberia, is there any evidence of similar celebrations in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, South Africa, Cote D’Ivoire, Kenya, Uganda, Congo etc etc. After all, is this not a triumph for all Africa?

Why’s the homepage still green? Throw some Red on it Mods, Africa’s up in this biyatch.

Coach,

You are on to something.
DOHA/RABAT, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Moroccans wildly celebrating their team's historic World Cup knockout victory over Spain on Tuesday were joined by people across the Middle East and North Africa ecstatic at what they saw as a victory for the entire Arab world.

From Baghdad to Casablanca, fans cheered as Morocco became the first Arabic-speaking country to reach the quarter-finals of the World Cup in Qatar, the first held in an Arab country. They won 3-0 on penalties after a 0-0 draw following extra time.
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 022-12-06/
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Iraqi Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati and Libyan Prime Minister Abdulhamid al-Dbeibah were among those to congratulate Morocco.

“This is a win for all Arabs, not just Morocco and the joy is even greater since it was achieved on Arab soil,” said Hazem al Fayez, a Jordanian who was honking his car horn in Amman to celebrate.

“I think it’s a great and much-needed win for the youth of the Arab world and especially the youth of Morocco," said Ralph Beydoun, 31, in Beirut.
“I think it’s a great and much-needed win for the youth of the Arab world and especially the youth of Morocco," said Ralph Beydoun, 31, in Beirut.
Interesting perspectives