[WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Post by Sleaky72 »

DOHA, Qatar (AP) — First Qatar was out, exiting the World Cup with the worst record of a host country. Then the Saudi national team’s run ended, despite a historic upset against Argentina last week. Finally Tunisia was eliminated, after a dramatic victory against already-qualified France.

Now, at the first World Cup ever to be held in the Middle East, Morocco is the Arab world’s last hope. The fractured region is rallying around the North African nation after its 2-1 win Thursday against Canada that advanced Morocco to the knockout stage of the tournament for the first time since 1986.

Morocco’s success sparked angry street riots in Belgium after a match earlier this week, but on Thursday triggered an outpouring of joy in the Arab world, where local teams are often underdogs. There were celebrations in Gaza City and Cairo. A similar rush of regional goodwill followed Saudi Arabia’s shock win against two-time World Cup winner Argentina last week. Arabs have also backed Qatar’s hosting of the World Cup in the face of harsh Western criticism.

Coach has raised a good point on where the victory over Spanish has been celebrated en masse.
Interesting
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Post by Coach »

^Dont mind Cyberia, “beggin” more than Frankie Vialli and the Four Seasons. Palestinian flags flying to and fro, raucous celebrations in mosque-laden cities, countless quotes and symbology on their representation of…and yet here we are, jitterbugging over our “Brothers” making it to the quarters. Should the Moroccans win the Mundial, let’s hear to whom they dedicate their triumph.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

On their way back to the hotel, the Atlas boys like a true son of the soil were jamming Last last . Now my belle sweet well well

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Coach wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:28 am ^Dont mind Cyberia, “beggin” more than Frankie Vialli and the Four Seasons. Palestinian flags flying to and fro, raucous celebrations in mosque-laden cities, countless quotes and symbology on their representation of…and yet here we are, jitterbugging over our “Brothers” making it to the quarters. Should the Moroccans win the Mundial, let’s hear to whom they dedicate their triumph.
But life is not just black and white now (pun included free of charge), there are varying shades of grey.

Would we celebrate a Ghanaian, Senegalese or Cameroonian victory more, we as Nigerian probably would, doesnt mean we cant celebrate this.

Even it just as underdog challenging and disrupting the established order.

Yes the kinship may be minimal but at least sometime in the near future (AFCON 2024) we may get the opportunity to say we beat the WC quarter-finalist/semi-finalist/finalists/winners (delete as appropriate)
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

:blush:

:blush:

:
Coach wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:28 am ^Dont mind Cyberia, “beggin” more than Frankie Vialli and the Four Seasons. Palestinian flags flying to and fro, raucous celebrations in mosque-laden cities, countless quotes and symbology on their representation of…and yet here we are, jitterbugging over our “Brothers” making it to the quarters. Should the Moroccans win the Mundial, let’s hear to whom they dedicate their triumph.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What's all this about Morocco being Arab. African etc , who cares....bottom line they are in Africa, closer to Europe, just 9 miles and they are thousands and thousands of miles away from the Arabain landscape.

They play under CAF etc . Let those who want to shout Arab etc shout if them like...all I know be say come CIV 2024 , we will see them inside Africa playing

Oh by the way many of the Africans playing for the Atlas lion cannot even speake Arabic fluently. Ziyetch speaks dutch and English fluently.

In fact Morocco is closer to Nigeria(2,959.1 miles) compared to the middle east, abi Arab east.(Saudi Arabia) 4,151.4 miles)

SuperEagles

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:28 pm What's all this about Morocco being Arab. African etc
It is because no football is going...Thats why personally i love the first rounds of the world cup far more than the knockout rounds....Action, drama football every day.

Now na Georaphy and sociology we go dey debate till weekend
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:09 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:28 pm What's all this about Morocco being Arab. African etc
It is because no football is going...Thats why personally i love the first rounds of the world cup far more than the knockout rounds....Action, drama football every day.

Now na Georaphy and sociology we go dey debate till weekend
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...you are Arab if your predominant religion is Muslim. I believe those in the north of Africa consider themselves as Arab, now within themselves they can differenciate who is who. I saw a video blog, an America black guy who traveled to Morocco and ventured into mostly black enclave, in the video his primary mode of communication is English to the black immigrants, french and Arabic to the Moroccans.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mcal wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:27 pm ...you are Arab if your predominant religion is Muslim. I believe those in the north of Africa consider themselves as Arab, now within themselves they can differenciate who is who. I saw a video blog, an America black guy who traveled to Morocco and ventured into mostly black enclave, in the video his primary mode of communication is English to the black immigrants, french and Arabic to the Moroccans.
i guess 50% of people in Nigeria are Arabs because they practice Islam eh? smh ...some of una need to critic una comments sometimes.. no offense but the above makes no sense
SuperEagles