Why do African teams stop playing when they score?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why do African teams stop playing when they score?

Post by bamenda boy »

A trend I have noticed with most African teams. If/when they are winning, and they happen to score especially in the second half, they stop to play and start some delaying tactics, like feigning injuries, wasting time to do anything etc etc, instead of going for the kill. Look at the Senegal game. England was up and decided to go for the kill. If that were an African team, they would have stopped playing. I hate that ish to the T.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why do African teams stop playing when they score?

Post by bamenda boy »

I hope Maroc prove me wrong.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You mean like Brazil, Argentina and Holland did yesterday?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

How about why African players don’t ask to go to bathroom once they score
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."