So is Africa still good in football?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So is Africa still good in football?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

akamoke wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:18 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:23 pm
akamoke wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:20 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:14 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:10 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:06 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Now you are North African abi? :mrgreen: Abeg go and hide in shame. Using the well organized North Africans to pose while your rat eaten house is crumbling in full view of everybody in the public market square :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Like Tunisia?

But you did not differentiate when you lumped the entire Africa together
Tunisia is also very well organized. Germany was bounced in the 1st round of their WC too. Does that mean they don't have an organized league? Go and fix your damned country and stop looking for excuses for abject failure :arrow: :arrow:
BUT you were not discussing Nigeria but rather AFRICA :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I just love how folks are trying to jsutify their position by adding jara when their initial premise has been debunked

Anyone can make an argument for or against anything

One thing is clear, its very likely we "African fans" that are naive about football and not the players who are professionals and dont go out to a game wit an intention to lose or play badly
Every post of yours has the word "naive" in it, even when that is not the topic under discussion. Did someone call you naive at work? See this is what happens when you spend too much time with Oyinbos exclusively. If you don't have strong self esteem you begin to take every bit of criticism personally.

A well adjusted person understands that they are separate from their actions. A mental weak, inferiority complex-riddled person with low self esteem CANNOT accept even a grain of criticism because in their mind it confirms their already very low opinion of themselves. Of course these people hide their low self esteem by being excessively proud of being [insert any nationality here].

Go ahead and reply, and don't forget to use the word "naive" again! :mrgreen:
What a naive comment :P

However, I won't let you ascribe that statement to me, I am just pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement which people use simply because they heard some European TV commentator use it..but hey lets use it on CE to make us seem like we are making intelligent analysis

Criticisms is ok but calling people brainless, naive, unable to play football...that's not criticism , that is insult and hardly helpful

On your other point, so its easy to criticize but when asked to step to the plate, its someone else's job

Got it!!!
The word naive is burned into your psyche. I challenge you to show me where I applied it to African teams.

And yes, it IS someone else’s job to run the NFF, not mine. In a society run by non morons, people with jobs are expected to do them properly! If I complain that NEPA “takes light” all the time you shouldn’t tell me to leave my job and go and run NEPA! That is not only blatantly ridiculous, but also naive. Very, very naive! :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:53 pm Morocco does not play like fools, like the typical African team. Did you see them tracking runners all day? Abeg pack dis rubbish comot hia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Jokes apart, we Africans are just as guilty as others when it comes to putting all of us in the same box. Morocco's model is actually a lot more similar to a Country like Nigeria than their fellow North Africans, Tunisia.

Morocco has made it to the quarter-finals with 14 members of their squad born outside of the country. If that were Nigeria, people like Emir Kongi (who himself is ensconced in the West) would have been going apoplectic with rage.

I know some forumers who think Iwobi, is more of a legit SE than Balogun because he was born in Nigeria!

Tunisia, South AFrica and Egypt, are the 3countries, that actually do things the way a lot of people feel is the right way, and have never had great success on the international stage.

I just think sometimes, we mix things together and end up generalizing too much about African football. Yes, our Federations are generally wack, but when we start saying things that we don't run, and close down and the like, we are doing ourselves a diservice.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Are we still good in football? With only 5 spots , a CAF team makes the last 4..hmmmm as i said give us more numbers, and watch us win this tournament like play... guess what AFCON is now going to be as big as the Euros. it is bigger than every other Continental tournament out there.. God Willing we will see WC 2026 and you people doubting African football, una eyes go enter
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

We are even much better than we give ourselves credit for.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:12 pm We are even much better than we give ourselves credit for.
so true, even our yeye SE is actually a top team.. we just need to improve the goalkeeping department
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved