Morocco will yansh Portugal or Switzerland to make it to the semis

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco will yansh Portugal or Switzerland to make it to the semis

Post by mate »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:55 am :dream: :dream: :dream:

According to Moroccan player Sofiane Boufal: "This victory belongs to all the Moroccan people, to all the Arab peoples, to all the Muslim peoples of the world"
Is this a bad thing? My knee jerk reaction is to think Arab and greater Muslim peoples have been insulted and disparaged by others and from self inflicted wounds. This for me is how sports can build bonds, understanding, and confidence.

For me, this is the purest expression of pride in sports. Note some contrived morally pretentious BS like FIFA is infamous for, where some causes are better than others.

:veryangry:

As a football fan, I'd love another center of gravity of football excellence. Bring it on from the Arab and Muslim peoples. Play your best game! Let's compete!

And if they win, I'm having some Halal tikka kebobs!!! I'm SALIVATING AT THE THOUGHT!!!

:rotf:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

By the way, here is what I read on Facebook.

Chelsea star Hakim Ziyech did not take a single amount of money from his bonuses with the National Team. He gave it all away in charity to those in need in Morocco . He has earned over 15Million Dalasis (300.000$) in bonuses since The start of The FIFA WC.

:clap:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I also crawled this from Facebook:

Sofiane Boufal: "Sorry for forgetting to mention the ENTIRE African continent yesterday in post-match interview. Thank you for being behind us, I also dedicate the victory to you obviously. We are proud to represent all our brothers across the continent. We are together"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:28 pm
AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:11 pm

According to Moroccan player Sofiane Boufal: "This victory belongs to all the Moroccan people, to all the Arab peoples, to all the Muslim peoples of the world"
He apologised.

.......becuase you´all forced him to. I´m just revealing the mindset of their ilk.
unfair doctor, many of the players spoke proudly of representing the motherland.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

the guy sees the future.
Saints baby we did it
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:02 pm
unfair doctor, many of the players spoke proudly of representing the motherland.
Indeed..

We can never know how people truely feel or identify, but we can be sure that all the squad will not necessatily feel alike. We can only judge by the words we hear and actions we see.

This was the Morrocan coach speaking before the match against Canada
Morocco's Coach, Walid Regragui when asked if they are playing for the Arab world

"I am not here to be a politician. We want to fly Africa's flag high just like Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon. We are here to represent Africa".
Interestingly he didnt mention Tunisa :?:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:18 pm
Indeed..

We can never know how people truely feel or identify, but we can be sure that all the squad will not necessatily feel alike. We can only judge by the words we hear and actions we see.

Morocco's Coach, Walid Regragui when asked if they are playing for the Arab world

"I am not here to be a politician. We want to fly Africa's flag high just like Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon. We are here to represent Africa".
ha, I thought the same thing when I read that.
Saints baby we did it
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Indeed..

To identify with failure?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

"At some point in Africa, we have to be ambitious and why not win the World Cup, even if it's going to be hard," he said.

The declaration was a sign of a paradigm shift in how African nations approach the World Cup, and it is fitting that it came from Regragui, who represents a paradigm-shift in African coaching.

Not only did he cut his teeth on the continent, spending his formative years coaching domestic football in Morocco, he is also part of the inaugural Caf Pro Licence class of 2018 - the very first group of coaches who secured football's highest coaching diploma entirely on the continent.

He represents everything that is right in African football: He's young, competent, cosmopolitan, fearless and a pan-Africanist at heart.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-63885646
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Indeed..

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Tunisia don suffer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:11 pm

He apologised.

He was simply saying what was on his heart.
And I don’t begrudge him to identify with whoever
or however he chooses. The same decision and freedom should also be afforded to others to decide who to root for.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:31 pm By the way, here is what I read on Facebook.

Chelsea star Hakim Ziyech did not take a single amount of money from his bonuses with the National Team. He gave it all away in charity to those in need in Morocco . He has earned over 15Million Dalasis (300.000$) in bonuses since The start of The FIFA WC.

Verified? Once upon a time, the very same money being given away here, needed to be in the wallet before the shirt and shorts were half-a*sedly worn. Interesting.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:28 am Props to Shaka Hislop. He has been saying from day one that an Arab/Middle Eastern/Muslim team would make some noise this WC. Morocco is basically the home team, and they have a great chance against Portugal.
First of all Morocco are not "middle eastern", they are in North Africa, they are more Mediterranea. Secondly, they aren't Arab, they are Berber. For all intents and purposes they are an African team.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:52 am
mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:31 pm By the way, here is what I read on Facebook.

Verified? Once upon a time, the very same money being given away here, needed to be in the wallet before the shirt and shorts were half-a*sedly worn. Interesting.

It was a post with picture attracting a lot of likes. I couldn't of course verify. But a nice gesture if true.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yes
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

So spake the great Scipio! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:02 am So spake the great Scipio! :clap: :clap: :clap:
You called it. Well done sir :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:02 am So spake the great Scipio! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Make we check your other predictions. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

I bow
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:53 am
Make we check your other predictions. :D
Which oda predictions? :mrgreen:

Instead of you to correct my grammar you dey hia dey tok jagbajantis. That should have been “Thusly spake the great Scipio, supreme soccer pundit!”

As you were!

Wha choo looking at?!