Why England will beat France.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why England will beat France.

Post by bamenda boy »

It'll come down to tactics. They are very disciplined tactically. The French are much more talented. But the likes of Saka, Bellingham and co can match them talent for talent.

England's advantage is that they'll bait the French to come out all guns swinging and hit them back by exploring spaces left behind.

Advantage England.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why England will beat France.

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This game is a toss up. Can't say for sure who will win. The bookies give England a 58% chance to advance, France a 42% chance. We will see

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Two words. Waterloo. Nothing new here, the best the Blue coats had to offer was routed south of Brussels. They’ve never recovered. Canons at the ready.

“Pardon Monsieur, ou es le chambre du…”

“Fiyaaaaaaah!!!!”

Deschamps might have all the Napoleon dynamite but what’s a fire cracker to a full Wellington?

The game will indeed be defined by tactics and Admiral Gareth WH Southgate will do the needful. Would come as no surprise if he switches to a back five, in fact, it would be foolhardy to do otherwise. Walker whistling Lionel’s Stuck on You into Kilian’s earhole whilst going man to man like a WWF Battle Royal. Noteworthy reducer within the first 5 minutes, over the top rope and he’s out of it.

It would be Trippier wingbacking but personally would go trump card Trent Alexander (the conqueror) Arnold. Inverting to add a little extra to the midfield, underlapping, overlapping, wandering free, like the Wombles of Wimbledon Common. Duke and Dec in the midfield, Kane dropping deep, is it a 3 is it a 4, more overload than the red legginged magnificence in the Amapiano namesake.

5-4-1, 3-4-2-1, 5-2-3, 3-4-3, who is it? And it doesn’t seem to matter and it doesn’t seem right, ‘cause the will has brought no fortune, still I cry alone at night. Don't you judge of my composure, ‘cause I'm lying to myself and the reason why she left me did she find in someone else? Who is it?!

Bosh.
Last edited by Coach on Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:46 am This game is a toss up. Can't say for sure who will win. The bookies give England a 58% chance to advance, France a 42% chance. We will see
which bookies are these? I want all that action.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
panafrican
Egg
Egg

Post by panafrican »

France vs England 2017 with Harry Kane, Mbappe (very young he was 18), a great Ousmane Dembele, Giroud etc Final score : 3-2 for France with 10 players (Varane had received a red card)

The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iftosay KAnte and Pogba dey this game , i for don talk France 100%....but I call it 50-50 due to France missing to many players
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Some great analysis and thoughts from all you.

But this one for me is simple: England is England and France is France.

The French play a continental football school with elite players.

England at best will make it heroic but still run, puff, and resort to long ball hopes as they lose like Lions...and dream again of repeating 1966.

Declan Rice is their central midfielder. He won't outplay Mbappe, Griezmann, Giroud, and Tchouaméni, who for me are the French engine...even flanked by a too young Bellingham and good but not world class Henderson.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:04 pm iftosay KAnte and Pogba dey this game , i for don talk France 100%....but I call it 50-50 due to France missing to many players
I feel like their replacements have done even better than them.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I always enjoy reading your posts but England stopped playing long ball a long time ago!

IF Walker can reduce Mbappe’s influence and England create multiple opportunities they will take enough of them to win.

I know the narrative is England fumbled their way to a WC semi and Euro final by playing “weak” teams but pre Southgate they always imploded once the pressure increased. He’s not close to being a tactical genius but being an ex international, he understands implicitly the mistakes of the past.

This is an experienced, battle ready extremely talented squad who are expected to lose to the world champions.

Coach has basically outlined the tactical options but I wouldn’t be surprised if England win…..
mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm Some great analysis and thoughts from all you.

England at best will make it heroic but still run, puff, and resort to long ball hopes as they lose like Lions...and dream again of repeating 1966.

Declan Rice is their central midfielder. He won't outplay Mbappe, Griezmann, Giroud, and Tchouaméni, who for me are the French engine...even flanked by a too young Bellingham and good but not world class Henderson.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

FYI, France has never beaten England in WC. 2 meetings, both losses.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

tedder89 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:51 pm I always enjoy reading your posts but England stopped playing long ball a long time ago!

IF Walker can reduce Mbappe’s influence and England create multiple opportunities they will take enough of them to win.

I know the narrative is England fumbled their way to a WC semi and Euro final by playing “weak” teams but pre Southgate they always imploded once the pressure increased. He’s not close to being a tactical genius but being an ex international, he understands implicitly the mistakes of the past.

This is an experienced, battle ready extremely talented squad who are expected to lose to the world champions.

Coach has basically outlined the tactical options but I wouldn’t be surprised if England win…..
mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm Some great analysis and thoughts from all you.

Don't get me wrong, as I get England has gone beyond the stereotyped long ball and lower skill stuff.

Except it still happens in key games against strong opponents: like vs Croatia in the 2018 semifinal. After the 1st half, Croatia took over...went to OT, mind you, Croatia played 2 previous OTs, but looked fresher and definitely more composed and skilled.

Yes, in that moment, England once again resorted to long balls and hard running. And were sure chasing a lot, working harder even with a slight edge in possession.

The margins are thinner. But still decisive when England plays France, Portugal, or Brazil. Or, an in form talented 2018 Croatia...yeah, they'd probably beat us now.

Brazil will spank us tomorrow.

:rotf:

Let's see. I will be the 1st to congratulate England if they win. But so far, they've had an easy path. Not 1 test. At least France had Denmark and a game if limited Australia. I know football is not transitive property, but England struggled vs USA whereas Holland did not.

Just saying.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Man Ataye wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 pm FYI, France has never beaten England in WC. 2 meetings, both losses.
Yeah, I recall 1982, my 1st WC.

But Platini and the boys winded up making a much stronger statement, right?

:D
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Stones, Maguire cannot handle mbappe, dembele and griezemann. So england will probably sit back and hope to counter. The problem is France has a great backline and defensive midfield.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Man Ataye wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 pm FYI, France has never beaten England in WC. 2 meetings, both losses.
Any field of battle. Battered. Two words. Waterloo.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

50/50
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:41 pm
:biggrin:
Did Killthreelion Mbappenapart :lol: take part in any of those battles? Jest askin' :biggrin:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Germany had never beaten Brazil at the WC before the Maracanazo

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:57 pm
Man Ataye wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 pm :atc:
FYI, France has never beaten England in WC. 2 meetings, both losses.
Did Killthreelion Mbappenapart :lol: take part in any of those battles? Jest askin' :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

England are in trouble o! The Emperor lives!!! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

In a straight punch up France beats England even without Pogba and Kante but England is England, the luckiest football team on earth. I see them winning off a mistake by France when the game is balanced. That's just England

But with Pogba, Kante and Benzema there would have been no contest

Should be an interesting game

But we are experiencing severe black outs here in Zim so I fear I won't be able to watch it and I hope people rise up and overthrow the fooling stupid government in power :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

tedder89 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:51 pm I always enjoy reading your posts but England stopped playing long ball a long time ago!

England is putting a lot of faith in "Walker stopping Mbappe." I have heard his 100x on different news network. These folks will have you believe Mbappe is a player that simply runs in a straight line and Walker is a resolute defender. Walker is fast but is quite error prone, and has a knack for poor positioning. Mbappe does not have to outrun him to be effective. This match up does not interest me because if Mane can outwit Walker then Mbappe can do so as well.

For me the CM area is where France has the upper hand. England does not have enough quality in there. I also do not know whether Shaw can handle Dembele.

In football anything can happen but the focus on Mbappe/Walker is not warranted.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:57 pm
They all did. Sons of Napoleon Tornapart. Behold the Wellingtons of Waterloo.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:47 pm
Yeah, I recall 1982, my 1st WC.

But Platini and the boys winded up making a much stronger statement, right?

Yup..om with France in this a game. Just some stats for peeps

:D
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:04 pm iftosay KAnte and Pogba dey this game , i for don talk France 100%....but I call it 50-50 due to France missing to many players
You people with your EPL world view. The current Ballon d'Or winner is missing for France and he doesn't get a mention. Pogba would have been a liability in midfield due to his laziness. Kante will be missed for his energy in attack and defence. But the biggest miss is Benzema.

What I like is the focus on Mbappe by the English. Hopefully, this gives the likes of Dembele the space to destroy them.
http://www.naijiant.com/