Only 8 games left in the 2022 WC

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Only 8 games left in the 2022 WC

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Sad to think about. While you're enjoying the deluge of frost round games, it doesn't cross your mind that it will end soon.

Only 8 games left in dis WC chei! Anyway we still have Arsenal! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Only 8 games left in the 2022 WC

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why do assnal fans think dey matter. can you assnal people let us rest for once
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The WC is for me the be all and end all of football. 2nd is the European Championship. Then club ball.

I really fear for the WC going forward with 48 teams in 16 3 team groups. FIFA may have ruined this for good in their greed for more money.

Somebody posted in another thread it might be 2 winners going into an extra round of 32 team knockout...as opposed to only 1 winner going into a 16 team knockout.

Either way increases the odds of collusion and that some teams only get 2 games. Why come for only 2 games? 3 games also ensured you had a chance to make up for an unlucky mistake and for the quality to come through.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:22 pm Sad to think about. While you're enjoying the deluge of frost round games, it doesn't cross your mind that it will end soon.

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Chileke meeeeiiii! What am I to be does with myself when it are end? I don die oh! Boredom will kill me. :biggrin: Oga Skip, no way Arsenal game go sweet reach Wol Cup oh! Let me be talk true. :biggrin:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:57 pm The WC is for me the be all and end all of football. 2nd is the European Championship. Then club ball.

I really fear for the WC going forward with 48 teams in 16 3 team groups. FIFA may have ruined this for good in their greed for more money.

Somebody posted in another thread it might be 2 winners going into an extra round of 32 team knockout...as opposed to only 1 winner going into a 16 team knockout.

Either way increases the odds of collusion and that some teams only get 2 games. Why come for only 2 games? 3 games also ensured you had a chance to make up for an unlucky mistake and for the quality to come through.
that's the same thing they said before the Euros expanded to 24 teams. The Worldcup is every 4 years , it can only get bigger. I actually think this is top notch . It is a world-cup the bigger the better
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:01 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:22 pm Sad to think about. While you're enjoying the deluge of frost round games, it doesn't cross your mind that it will end soon.

Chileke meeeeiiii! What am I to be does with myself when it are end? I don die oh! Boredom will kill me. :biggrin: Oga Skip, no way Arsenal game go sweet reach Wol Cup oh! Let me be talk true. :biggrin:
Oga no worry, when Arsenal :thumbs: begin dash slaps left and right to Bayern, Real and PSG dem in next years Champion’s League , e go sweet you sotay you go forget Wol Cup with immediate and automatic alacrity :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:57 pm The WC is for me the be all and end all of football. 2nd is the European Championship. Then club ball.

The WC is a feast of football for sure which I enjoy very much, but when it comes to quality football the UEFA Champions League wins hands down. If it were possible for Real and Bayern to enter the World Cup they would be alternating the World Cup trophy between them every 4 years

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:27 pm
ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:01 pm

Oga no worry, when Arsenal :thumbs: begin dash slaps left and right to Bayern, Real and PSG dem in next years Champion’s League , e go sweet you sotay you go forget Wol Cup with immediate and automatic alacrity :mrgreen:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
We go see. If Mbappe skatta Ingrand on Saturday, I go watch dat game 10 times a day for di next ten years. :biggrin:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:30 pm

The WC is a feast of football for sure which I enjoy very much, but when it comes to quality football the UEFA Champions League wins hands down. If it were possible for Real and Bayern to enter the World Cup they would be alternating the World Cup trophy between them every 4 years

This is an interesting side conversation.

Clubs will win initially.

But give a NT 1-3 months to jell.

I don't think Real cannot beat Brazil or France with time for them to train.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:17 pmThis is an interesting side conversation.

You may not be playing this out fully. Let's see:

A Brazil and a France can only use what nature and nurture gives them.

A Real and a Bayern can build and/or buy as the situation and as their objectives demand. In other words, they can compensate for or override any limitations that nature and nurture may have -- short and/or long term.

Messi and Argentina lack a phenomenal striker like Gabriel Batistuta? Tough luck. Real and Bayern have the same problem? Bring out the checkbook.

Now of course in certain eras (sequenced along the same periodicity as Halley's Comet), the stars may properly align a la Brazil 1970 and you have a national team that is as strong if not stronger than anything money can buy. But money will not be outdone often or nearly enough. Just does not compute.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

theDunamis wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:45 pm
mate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:17 pmThis is an interesting side conversation.

You may not be playing this out fully. Let's see:

A Brazil and a France can only use what nature and nurture gives them.

A Real and a Bayern can build and/or buy as the situation and as their objectives demand. In other words, they can compensate for or override any limitations that nature and nurture may have -- short and/or long term.

Messi and Argentina lack a phenomenal striker like Gabriel Batistuta? Tough luck. Real and Bayern have the same problem? Bring out the checkbook.

Now of course in certain eras (sequenced along the same periodicity as Halley's Comet), the stars may properly align a la Brazil 1970 and you have a national team that is as strong if not stronger than anything money can buy. But money will not be outdone often or nearly enough. Just does not compute.

A club has to be judged on its roster vs the pool available to a NT. You can say a club will fill in the role with a checkbook.

Real has a fixed roster. It has to play a Brazil, giving up its Brazilians, with 3 months for the selecao to train.

I don't believe Real can win in this scenario. Let alone Bayern or any EPL team. Same with France.

A major NT has a pool > current roster of a club.

NT needs time to train and practice.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You don’t want to see Kenya beat Serbia?
If UEFA is unwilling to give up their slots for fairer reprensentation of the other confederations, then the other solution is to expand the pool.
If it doesn’t workout, then we can always revert back to a smaller pool. By then the other teams will be routinely beating up on the UEFA teams. The rankings would be more representative and the smaller pool more balanced. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:56 amA club has to be judged on its roster vs the pool available to a NT. You can say a club will fill in the role with a checkbook.

Real has a fixed roster. It has to play a Brazil, giving up its Brazilians, with 3 months for the selecao to train.

I don't believe Real can win in this scenario. Let alone Bayern or any EPL team. Same with France.

A major NT has a pool > current roster of a club.

NT needs time to train and practice.

Yes, a major NT has a pool greater than the current roster of a club. Argentina is a major NT. Yet they cannot find -- beg, borrow, or steal -- another Batigol. Nor can they buy a Haaland no matter how much money they are willing and able to spend on that venture.

It's all hypothetical but I believe the best club side will 99% of the time be better assembled than the best NT. IMHO! The remaining 1% is for the rare NT exceptions like the Brazil 1970 NT.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Please take the EPL Shiite :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Let us enjoy the Mundial in peace. :D :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:53 pm

Please take the EPL Shiite :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Let us enjoy the Mundial in peace. :D :thumbs:
Only citizens of countries who have played at the WC are allowed to use that word. Mods!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Whisky Exchange. Add to cart. Laurent Perrier rose. Volume? Nebuchadnezzar. Popped after Waterloo tonight or once HMS Southgate has steamed through the Tea Cloths?