'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:39 pm
kpom that; thus far Croatia is the weakest link amongst all remaining teams
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Brazil is really good but Croatia can win that game.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

only ce have been worse at predicting results than gab and juls this tournament.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

jette1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:12 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:39 pm
kpom that; thus far Croatia is the weakest link amongst all remaining teams

Yes, our inferior record since 1998 proves it.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Croatia are toast.

They have no chance against Brazil. They might as well start packing their bags. Croatia booms and bursts in cycles...they are not a team that sustains. They are at the END of a cycle. They have to wait for the next one.

The team have already outdone themselves by making it this far. I think they got a bit lucky to have got to this stage, but luck can only take you so far.

And I don't think Brazil are in the mood to be dishing out luck.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tbite wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:27 am Croatia are toast.

They have no chance against Brazil. They might as well start packing their bags. Croatia booms and bursts in cycles...they are not a team that sustains. They are at the END of a cycle. They have to wait for the next one.

The team have already outdone themselves by making it this far. I think they got a bit lucky to have got to this stage, but luck can only take you so far.

And I don't think Brazil are in the mood to be dishing out luck.

Ok, I'll bite.

Croatia was 2nd in 2018. Made last 8 this time. I know there is a big pipeline of world class players led by Gvadiol, who clubs are bidding for as we speak.

So what do you know I don't? If you're going to make a claim, back it up. On the luck and end of cycle.

Finally...I agree Brazil will beat us.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/6872082/s ... ord-japan/

Brozovic covered 16.7 kilometers - more than 10 miles - in Croatia's World Cup round of 16 clash with Japan.

Marcelo is 30.

All our guys put in similar work.

I hope it helps pull off a miracle.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Nobody is disrespecting the 2nd place finish. The point is you peaked in 2018 and you will not come anywhere near that placing for some time. Your team is a mixture of the old cycle and the new wave that are yet to come fully into their element. Gvadiol is 20 years old. Nobody is disputing that Croatia will roar again, but it certainly won't be happening this World Cup.

Your footballing performance has been trash (that is the luck element), how you managed to make it this far is beyond me. Even in the build up to the World Cup, your performances have been trash. Don't get me wrong, I even made money FROM croatia, see my post in other sports in the Adesanya thread, but you have a lot of tired legs.

Your best performances were in the Nations League, but even those were not as consistent as it would seem, your best results were against France, but your worst results also against France, largely you faced weak teams in Europe, and have struggled especially in the past 6 months.

Brazil will make easy work of Croatia, forget the upsets during this world cup, no such thing will happen against Brazil. What really helped you against Japan was your experience. I am tempted to make a lot of money from Brazil, but the only thing I am hesitating is whether they can do it in the 90. I expect them to win in 90, but there is a small margin for error during this stage of the tournament, where teams become grittier. That is my only concern.

There will be no miracle sorry Mate (pun intended, we aussies always say mate).

I think realistically we have France, Brazil, Portugal as the three to win this, then Argentina as outsiders, England (if they can truly believe in themselves), Netherlands as distant dark horses, and finally Croatia as a long long long shot, Switzerland should start packing their bags ASAP. For me an upset will be Argentina and England doing well. THAT is the miracle. The miracle won't be Switzerland or Croatia doing well. And I am hoping for Argentina to go far into the tournament, for Messi's sake.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Tbite wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:40 am Nobody is disrespecting the 2nd place finish. The point is you peaked in 2018 and you will not come anywhere near that placing for some time. Your team is a mixture of the old cycle and the new wave that are yet to come fully into their element. Gvadiol is 20 years old. Nobody is disputing that Croatia will roar again, but it certainly won't be happening this World Cup.

Your footballing performance has been trash (that is the luck element), how you managed to make it this far is beyond me. Even in the build up to the World Cup, your performances have been trash. Don't get me wrong, I even made money FROM croatia, see my post in other sports in the Adesanya thread, but you have a lot of tired legs.

Your best performances were in the Nations League, but even those were not as consistent as it would seem, your best results were against France, but your worst results also against France, largely you faced weak teams in Europe, and have struggled especially in the past 6 months.

Brazil will make easy work of Croatia, forget the upsets during this world cup, no such thing will happen against Brazil. What really helped you against Japan was your experience. I am tempted to make a lot of money from Brazil, but the only thing I am hesitating is whether they can do it in the 90. I expect them to win in 90, but there is a small margin for error during this stage of the tournament, where teams become grittier. That is my only concern.

I think realistically we have France, Brazil, Portugal as the three to win this, then Argentina as outsiders, England (if they can truly believe in themselves), Netherlands as distant dark horses, and finally Croatia as a long long long shot, Switzerland should start packing their bags ASAP. For me an upset will be Argentina and England doing well. THAT is the miracle. The miracle won't be Switzerland or Croatia doing well. And I am hoping for Argentina to go far into the tournament, for Messi's sake.
Erm, Switzerland are already home.

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:10 am
Tbite wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:40 am Nobody is disrespecting the 2nd place finish. The point is you peaked in 2018 and you will not come anywhere near that placing for some time. Your team is a mixture of the old cycle and the new wave that are yet to come fully into their element. Gvadiol is 20 years old. Nobody is disputing that Croatia will roar again, but it certainly won't be happening this World Cup.

Erm, Switzerland are already home.

He also didn't note we tied and beat France. And our best results were in the 6 months prior to the WC: beating Denmark, Austria, and France.

Never mind the Switzerland slip.

It's fine. I know we're underdogs. But we have a quality squad and made a statement just to get to the final 8, following up on a 2018 2nd place. We can definitely aspire to it again.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Brazil better not allow it get into pks. That Croatian keeper is a wizard.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Also, despite Brazils dominance against Korea, Allison was way too busy for my liking and even conceded. I don't know if this is because they scored 4 so quickly and relaxed or there are genuine weaknesses in the backline.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Far from a foregone conclusion. Brazil were almost 4-2-4 vs the Swiss, with the front quartet not doing the most defensively, it could be argued they didn't need to. The Grand Old Hadjukes of Split, will do just that to the centre field if such brazen disregard for Mazi Modric is employed.

The Croats will be dogged in defence and refined in possession, this should be Brazil's first real test.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:39 am Also, despite Brazils dominance against Korea, Allison was way too busy for my liking and even conceded. I don't know if this is because they scored 4 so quickly and relaxed or there are genuine weaknesses in the backline.

This Brazilian side is one of their most balanced in a very long time. And yet, they have an attacking power that is insanely and Brazilian good and right up there with their best assembled attacks. So, a slip or 2 at the back is easily affordable and remedied.

Croatia will give them a different test today and require Brazil's attack to demonstrate their versatility and inventiveness. However, I don't see Croatia's attack testing Brazil's defense in any game-changing way.

We will know soon enough.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Could be proven wrong, but think Tite should consider switching Raphina for Rodrygo, the former hasn't contributed much and inverts the field, the latter would hold more width and pull the Old Man's arthritic joints wider than the waist of a munyankole.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:39 am Also, despite Brazils dominance against Korea, Allison was way too busy for my liking and even conceded. I don't know if this is because they scored 4 so quickly and relaxed or there are genuine weaknesses in the backline.
Brazil is notorious for taking their foot off the gas after going up big. Brazil has the capability to run up the score many times but they never go beyond 5 at the WC. The Europeans on the other hand will score 40 on you if they can. Hungary put 12 past El Salvador in 1982 :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Jinx.

I really hope Brazil win, I don't want another boring European team winning.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Brazil is the better team but I’m not making any prediction against Croatia. They are like the old Germany, they find a way to make it to at least the Semis. Good luck Mate!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I said the entire Rosary this morning. :) My family is getting up early.

I'm at peace. I accept what will happen.

I am just hoping for a fair, clean, and good football game. I respect the Jogo Bonito of Brazil. They sure have the Ginga this time.

I hope Croatia bring their A game and that it is enough. That is all I can ask for. I respect my team for coming this far...despite not having a good set of forwards. We adjust for that.

Let's go Croatia!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:08 pm I said the entire Rosary this morning. :) My family is getting up early.

I am just hoping for a fair, clean, and good football game. I respect the Jogo Bonito of Brazil. They sure have the Ginga this time.

I hope Croatia bring their A game and that it is enough. That is all I can ask for. I respect my team for coming this far...despite not having a good set of forwards. We adjust for that.

Let's go Croatia!
Good luck mate. Brazil's world cup history suggests that they are very open to ambush, especially when they are favourites. :idea:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:35 pm
mate wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:08 pm I said the entire Rosary this morning. :) My family is getting up early.

Let's go Croatia!
Good luck mate. Brazil's world cup history suggests that they are very open to ambush, especially when they are favourites. :idea:
Thanks man.

We’ll do our best.

🔥
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Beautiful moment with Richarlison getting emotional with original Ronaldo Fenomeno. I love Ronaldo and pray for his health. It’s hard to see him like this.

Brazil sure have a legacy.

But Croatia are trying to build on ours too. I love football!

🔥🇭🇷🔥