Morocco - Best African team ever.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Morocco - Best African team ever.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

best in what sense? winning 1-0 and parking the bus? or hoping for a PK? Maybe every team going forward should choose not to attack and hope to advance via PKs like Croatia and Morocco , since we now classify good football as having 10-22- % possession, having one shot on goal, and then having 10 men behind the ball... may such continue and let us see who sits week in week out watching a 1-0 or 0-0 park the bus football by both teams

Morocco has had the best run in a tournament by any African team in history and anyone whoever says they are the best footballing nation is a bloody thief and a highway robber .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:40 pm best in what sense? winning 1-0 and parking the bus? or hoping for a PK? Maybe every team going forward should choose not to attack and hope to advance via PKs like Croatia and Morocco , since we now classify good football as having 10-22- % possession, having one shot on goal, and then having 10 men behind the ball... may such continue and let us see who sits week in week out watching a 1-0 or 0-0 park the bus football by both teams

Morocco has had the best run in a tournament by any African team in history and anyone whoever says they are the best footballing nation is a bloody thief and a highway robber .
bp once again is the voice of reason.

they have to win something to be the best ever, hell even the bronze will suffice.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:40 pm best in what sense? winning 1-0 and parking the bus? or hoping for a PK? Maybe every team going forward should choose not to attack and hope to advance via PKs like Croatia and Morocco , since we now classify good football as having 10-22- % possession, having one shot on goal, and then having 10 men behind the ball... may such continue and let us see who sits week in week out watching a 1-0 or 0-0 park the bus football by both teams

Once again, I will not allow you to fudge facts to malign Croatia.

:)

We out possessed every team except Belgium, which was really close. We out possessed the best Brazilian team since 2002.

We do not park the bus.

We actually attack, but shooting statistics are skewed by not having 1 quality striker. We attack to our capabilities. So does Morocco, who cannot possess well and also isn't strong in attack, withstanding Ziyech.

Finally, we out possessed Morocco 65% to 35%
Last edited by mate on Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:51 pm

We out possessed every team except Belgium, which was really close. We out possessed the best Brazilian team since 2002.

We do not park the bus.

We actually attack, but shooting statistics are skewed by not having 1 quality striker.

Finally, we out possessed Morocco
You mean possessing the ball in your defense and having just one shot on goal in 120mins?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:52 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:51 pm

We do not park the bus.

We actually attack, but shooting statistics are skewed by not having 1 quality striker.

Finally, we out possessed Morocco
You mean possessing the ball in your defense and having just one shot on goal in 120mins?

I explained the shot on target issue, as we get in enough shots by being offensive enough...controlling the ball well within the final 1/3, even against Brazil.

Come now, you're just making things up as you write.

Fine, knock yourself out.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

As usual its Kongi the dunce that comes up with these daft threads
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am happy Morocco are in the semifinal of the world cup, but the negative football they are playing in this world cup will not succeed in the AFCON. A good African side like Nigeria, Algeria or even Senegal will beat them. Their goalkeepr has kept them alive so far. Despite the 11 man in the box they have been playing teams have created good chances against them. Their goalkeeper has saved the so far but he cant be rhat good in every tournament. If we can sort our goalkeeping situtation, we have the most balanced attack. I dont see them beating us in the AFCON. Tunisia playes the same negative football (11 man in the box) and we had several clear chances that a good striler like Osimhen would have converted. Again, i am happy for them, but I dont see them succeeding again France, Argentina or even Croatia with the same tactics.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Lolly wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:53 pm No other African team has beaten Belgium, Spain and Portugal, and drew with Croatia and gotten to the semifinals of the World Cup, so yes they are the best African team ever. And they did it without their opponents scoring a single goal against them. That’s huge.
Lolly please told them again O.

The same Nigerians that for almost 30 years keep hailing the 94 Eagles as the best thing out of Africa when other teams from the same continent have matched/exceeded what they did both continentally and on the world stage.

If this was a Nigerian team achiebving a semi-final feat at the WC after dispatching high profile opponents the way the Moroccans have, we no go hear word.

Some talk about negative football. Against Portugal, Morocco had clearer goal scoring chances. I did not see suicide and desperate clearances. I saw a disciplined team even under intense pressure attempt to play the ball fro the back and made several counter attacking plays.

How many times have we been lectured that attacks win you games but defence win you championships. How many times over the years have we been told about our exuberance and flare but naivety when describing African teams. Yet the Moroccans have so far dispelled these same stereotypes and displayed the stern and intelligent football others have been consistently lauded for.

There is a reason I despise the English, when it comes to football, it is their innate and reflex lack of respect of others and many attempt to raise their own achievements above others. All of a sudden Bellingham gave the best and most complete midfield display of the WC.l according to their pundits...the same WC wey all of us day watch ? anyway I digress.

We are truly of the British - loud mouthed with an inherent disregard of other folks achievement even when the evidence stares you right in the face. We learnt very well from them.

Nigeria way no fit qualify out of Africa until the slots were expanded to 3 in 1994. The Algerians and Moroccans were beating top grade teams at the WC level long before we got a sniffling. The Cameroonians were strutting their stuff against the Italians a good decade before we made our bow. The same guys reached the quarters 4 years before us and 2 other African teams have eclipsed us in this regard. Morocco has raised the standard and there is nothing in our immediate future to suggest we are able to match what this folks have and are doing.

Morocco class of 2022 is the best African team of all time in my opinion. They have repeatedly matched the very best in the world and beat them on their own terms in this competition. They did it dispelling many of the pejorative terms used to describe African teams while at it.

Imagine if any European or South American team got to the Semis conceding only an own goal while dispatching off some of the biggest footballing nations while at it, we no go hear word.

Super Eagles, when you match what the Moroccans have done and eclipsed what the Ghanians and Senegalese have done on the world stage, make we talk.
Last edited by hestonap on Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Can Morocco 🇲🇦 beat a 3rd Mediterranean opponent?? Hmmm, popcorn out, wait t ing 2 c.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Definitely the best African team in the World Cup and I totally agree with Hestonap on even the greatest ever African team

It’s results that counts, if you do it while playing samba even better but get the results first and Morocco has shown the way, just like Cameroon did 32 yrs earlier and the same Morocco did 4 yrs before then

Nigeria for all its noise has underachieved both on Africa and on the world stage
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

akamoke wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:29 am Definitely the best African team in the World Cup and I totally agree with Hestonap on even the greatest ever African team

It’s results that counts, if you do it while playing samba even better but get the results first and Morocco has shown the way, just like Cameroon did 32 yrs earlier and the same Morocco did 4 yrs before then

Nigeria for all its noise has underachieved both on Africa and on the world stage

Kpom. Nigeria has never won a WC game at the knockout stage ever .Frankly, Nigeria is irrelevant in this discussion. It’s about results not style.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This Morocco 🇲🇦 team reminds me of the well drilled Egypt 🇪🇬 team that won three AFCONs in a row between 2006-10. Both teams are defensively solid, tactically astute, and do not rely on "superstars" - except one outstanding midfield playmaker (Ziyech for Morocco and Aboutrika for Egypt).

If we were to compare this Morocco team to other great African sides of the past such as Nigeria 🇳🇬 (1994-98), Cameroon (2000-04), 🇨🇲, Ivory Coast (2006-2012), and the current Senegal 🇸🇳 team, the only Moroccan players that would get into those teams are mainly defensive players: Bounou, Hakimi, Mazraoui, Amrabat (and possibly an outside shout for Ziyech).

Senegal fans might argue for Mendy instead of Bounou and Cameroon fans may argue that Lauren and Olembe were equal to Hakimi and Mazraoui.
marko wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:21 am how many moroccan players could anyone mention before this tournament started? they are a well drilled side, unlike anything seen in African football, tactically disciplined, they reduce opponents to pot shots and wild chances and they have skilful players of their own capable of bringing the ball out and going on the offensive, not too sure about this debate, but they have certainly raised the bar for African football, that cannot be contested!
Last edited by wiseone on Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:25 am
akamoke wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:29 am Definitely the best African team in the World Cup and I totally agree with Hestonap on even the greatest ever African team

Kpom. Nigeria has never won a WC game at the knockout stage ever .Frankly, Nigeria is irrelevant in this discussion. It’s about results not style.
Plain and simple. Absolutely irrelevant. Bit like Dilian White talking about heavyweight championship. Never worn the belt. Morocco have exceeded all their predecessors and can rightly enter the kitchen and remove the biggest piece of chicken from the pot.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm Cameroun 90 is 2nd
Cameroon '82.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:54 pm
Come now, you're just making things up as you write.
mate,

Are you just realising that?

You have to understand that fans of the British premiership would never understand the beauty of watching teams like Croatia and Morocco play.

The disciplined competence is alien to those fans. They'd rather the ball be lumped forward and chased after.