Morocco - Best African team ever.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morocco - Best African team ever.

Post by marko »

how many moroccan players could anyone mention before this tournament started? they are a well drilled side, unlike anything seen in African football, tactically disciplined, they reduce opponents to pot shots and wild chances and they have skilful players of their own capable of bringing the ball out and going on the offensive, not too sure about this debate, but they have certainly raised the bar for African football, that cannot be contested!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

For me Morocco are now the best African team ever, Cameroon 1990 second :clap:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

marko wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:21 am how many moroccan players could anyone mention before this tournament started? they are a well drilled side, unlike anything seen in African football, tactically disciplined, they reduce opponents to pot shots and wild chances and they have skilful players of their own capable of bringing the ball out and going on the offensive, not too sure about this debate, but they have certainly raised the bar for African football, that cannot be contested!

Well said sir :clap:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:21 am how many moroccan players could anyone mention before this tournament started? they are a well drilled side, unlike anything seen in African footballangier, tactically disciplined, they reduce opponents to pot shots and wild chances and they have skilful players of their own capable of bringing the ball out and going on the offensive, not too sure about this debate, but they have certainly raised the bar for African football, that cannot be contested!
speak for yourself, many of us are well aware of even the coach, we have beinsports and do watch the caf champs league, we watch afcon , we watch the belgium, dutch, spanish french etc... just maybe you weren't aware of boufal who played for southampton, Ounahi who plays for angers,
everyone knows hakimi and zyetch, we know sias at wolves, we all know aguede who got injured for westham during preseason ( was bought this season) Bouno is 31 years old has been around ...even the useless sub who got red carded plays in seria b
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...currently best team in Africa just like others were in the past.
If they sustain this current form for the next many coming tournaments then they can be crowned as the best ever.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

They made thé semi finals first. So they are thé best Ever at thé WC. As far as other totales go, I would Say this is thé most disciplined African team ever
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:56 am
marko wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:21 am how many moroccan players could anyone mention before this tournament started? they are a well drilled side, unlike anything seen in African footballangier, tactically disciplined, they reduce opponents to pot shots and wild chances and they have skilful players of their own capable of bringing the ball out and going on the offensive, not too sure about this debate, but they have certainly raised the bar for African football, that cannot be contested!
speak for yourself, many of us are well aware of even the coach, we have beinsports and do watch the caf champs league, we watch afcon , we watch the belgium, dutch, spanish french etc... just maybe you weren't aware of boufal who played for southampton, Ounahi who plays for angers,
everyone knows hakimi and zyetch, we know sias at wolves, we all know aguede who got injured for westham during preseason ( was bought this season) Bouno is 31 years old has been around ...even the useless sub who got red carded plays in seria b

thank you bp, the guy acts like it is a team made up of hey-you's.

last sentence unnecessary.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

It is obvious Marko watches very little football.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:45 pm It is obvious Marko watches very little football.
next thing he will and tell us Amrabat is a new unknown , who plays for Fiorentina( 26 years old) ... now they are saying oh CAF can only produce one team...smh . We all saw what Egypt did to Belgium in a friendly .. Senegal, Morocco , Egypt ,Nigeria, Algeria and CIV are all on a different level, unfortunately, 4 of those teams missed out of the WC... hopefully they all get go draws and show up in 2026 qualifiers . Imagine the following at the worldcup in 2026

Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Nigeria, Egypt, CIV, Algeria, Cameroon, ghana, ( playoff birth Mali ) at least 6 of those teams should make the last 32
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I still stick by my comments, not much is known about the Moroccan team, and yes I do watch football! they are still an unknown quantity as a national team, they have hardly set the footballing world alight in the last 50 years, now its their time, every World Cup springs a surprise country, this time its Morocco and from what I have seen so far, they are an exceptional team, they won their group and beat European giants like Belgium, Spain, Portugal, that is no mean feat! they do belong in this company! why stop now, people might say they have over achieved, but when you are tactically disciplined, you can go all the way and lift the World Cup!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:45 pm I still stick by my comments, not much is known about the Moroccan team, and yes I do watch football! they are still an unknown quantity as a national team, they have hardly set the footballing world alight in the last 50 years, now its their time, every World Cup springs a surprise country, this time its Morocco and from what I have seen so far, they are an exceptional team, they won their group and beat European giants like Belgium, Spain, Portugal, that is no mean feat! they do belong in this company! why stop now, people might say they have over achieved, but when you are tactically disciplined, you can go all the way and lift the World Cup!
you have no idea what you are talking about . no disrespect, but what you posted above is pure rubbish
SuperEagles

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Most successful team? Yes . Best team, no for me. There’s a lot I like to see in a team that they don’t have. My best team at the WC was Brazil ‘82 squad but they were not successful in terms of winning and reaching their potential. But love to watch them, despite Socrates smoking a full pack a day. :taunt:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:45 pm It is obvious Marko watches very little football.
i've learned over the course of this tournament many ce's just like to type.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Come on guys, you are piling in unfairly. We all agree and disagree on various points.

I am undecided about Morocco, explaining how such a judgement takes time...but I am leaning towards concluding what Marko did.

Making a semi is a massive statement for Morocco as the 1st African team to do it. Again, to my eye test, it is deserved and not Greece like luck. But like I said, let's see if it can be sustained, unlike Greece.

These things are measured over time.

Anyways, it's unfair to attack Marko that he doesn't watch the games. Sheesh. Most of us are watching and commenting.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:10 pm

Come on guys, you are piling in unfairly. We all agree and disagree on various points.

I am undecided about Morocco, explaining how such a judgement takes time...but I am leaning towards concluding what Marko did.

Making a semi is a massive statement for Morocco as the 1st African team to do it. Again, to my eye test, it is deserved and not Greece like luck. But like I said, let's see if it can be sustained, unlike Greece.

Anyways, it's unfair to attack Marko that he doesn't watch the games. Sheesh. Most of us are watching and commenting.
Maroc lost to a last minute goal vs Germany in 1986 R16.
Maroc lost to a last minute penalty goal for Norway vs Brazil to miss out on 1998 R16 despite a 3-0 win against Scotland in the last group match.
Good luck and fine margins going your way counts a lot in tournament football.
In 2018 GS Maroc lost to Iran via OG in injury time and conceded a last minute goal for Spain to tie.
In 2022 R16 Spain hit the post in last minute of extra time, same as Portugal in QF.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

folem wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:39 pm

Maroc lost to a last minute penalty goal for Norway vs Brazil to miss out on 1998 R16 despite a 3-0 win against Scotland in the last group match.
In 2018 GS Maroc lost to Iran via OG in injury time and conceded a last minute goal for Spain to tie.
In 2022 R16 Spain hit the post in last minute of extra time, same as Portugal in last minute of QF.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

folem wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:40 pm

Maroc lost to a last minute controversial penalty goal for Norway win vs Brazil to miss out on 1998 R16 despite a 3-0 win against Scotland in the last group match.
In 2022 R16 Spain hit the post in last minute of extra time, same as Portugal in last minute of QF.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

In 2022 R16 Spain hit the post in last minute of extra time, same as Portugal in QF.

It is alway true that luck plays some role, more when margins are tight. But how much is really determined in time when it comes to measuring overall quality.

I saw Morocco vs Spain and Portugal. Man, Morocco also could have scored more against Portugal but for some luck.

Over the course of this WC, it is more than luck that Morocco ground out wins against Portugal and Spain, emphatically beating Belgium and Canada...tying fellow semifinalist Croatia in what has turned out to be the strongest group.

In this WC, luck is the usual factor, not overweighed.

In terms of being the best African side ever, I will see how Morocco does in the next competition. And how the rest of this WC pans out. What if they win 3rd place, 2nd place...or win it all?

:!:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

No other African team has beaten Belgium, Spain and Portugal, and drew with Croatia and gotten to the semifinals of the World Cup, so yes they are the best African team ever. And they did it without their opponents scoring a single goal against them. That’s huge.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:56 am
We didn’t know about Azzedine Ounahi before but now, the whole world knows about him. What a player.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Lolly wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:53 pm No other African team has beaten Belgium, Spain and Portugal, and drew with Croatia and gotten to the semifinals of the World Cup, so yes they are the best African team ever. And they did it without their opponents scoring a single goal against them. That’s huge.

KPOM!

Better said than my long winded post.

:)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Best ever.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:53 pm No other African team has beaten Belgium, Spain and Portugal, and drew with Croatia and gotten to the semifinals of the World Cup, so yes they are the best African team ever. And they did it without their opponents scoring a single goal against them. That’s huge.
Do you consider this a bigger achievement than the Egyptian team that did a 3peat? I honestly don't think so.