England Giggling Thread

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England Giggling Thread

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:52 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I thought this was just a fake news joke, but it isn't. It's freaking true. :rotf: :rotf:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... hirts.html
Karl Baxter, managing director of Poole-based Wholesale Clearance UK, has claimed his company have been left with thousands of t-shirts printed to mark England winning the tournament for the first time since 1966.I have been really impressed with England's performance in Qatar and was sure they would win this year's tournament. When approached by a supplier to sell the shirts, I simply couldn't say, 'No.'

'But now I've been left with 18,000 shirts that say they've won, and I'm not sure what to do.

'I'd like to appeal to England fans to purchase one of the shirts, to keep it as a piece of history and a reminder of how well our team played throughout the tournament.

'While they haven't won, they are still winners in my eyes.'
England suffered quarter-final heartbreak at the World Cup in Qatar on Saturday

A post advertising the t-shirts on the company's website had read 'Once we deal with the French on Saturday 10th - there will be no stopping the English juggernaut...or at least that's what we think! 

'We are so confident that England will win the Cup this time round, we are pre-releasing our unique shirts'.

The company had initially listed the t-shirts for £29.99, but is now attempting to sell stock at £9.99.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:54 am Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
These English tabloids dey craze well-well. Not to mention the gross grandma. :lol: :lol: And the wag who posted the comment on the promise..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Na the legacy of Rupert Murdoch! The New York Post is the same. :rotf:
ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:17 pm
These English tabloids dey craze well-well. Not to mention the gross grandma. :lol: :lol: And the wag who posted the comment on the promise..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:58 pm Na the legacy of Rupert Murdoch! The New York Post is the same. :rotf:
ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:17 pm
Certain CEs (names withheld for obvious reasons) would have scored hattricks if they saw that headline.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:57 am Image
:rotf: :rotf:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Pax Americana...Wither Now?
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:02 pm
cic old boy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:52 am
I thought this was just a fake news joke, but it isn't. It's freaking true. :rotf: :rotf:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... hirts.html
Karl Baxter, managing director of Poole-based Wholesale Clearance UK, has claimed his company have been left with thousands of t-shirts printed to mark England winning the tournament for the first time since 1966.I have been really impressed with England's performance in Qatar and was sure they would win this year's tournament. When approached by a supplier to sell the shirts, I simply couldn't say, 'No.'

'But now I've been left with 18,000 shirts that say they've won, and I'm not sure what to do.

'I'd like to appeal to England fans to purchase one of the shirts, to keep it as a piece of history and a reminder of how well our team played throughout the tournament.

'While they haven't won, they are still winners in my eyes.'
England suffered quarter-final heartbreak at the World Cup in Qatar on Saturday

A post advertising the t-shirts on the company's website had read 'Once we deal with the French on Saturday 10th - there will be no stopping the English juggernaut...or at least that's what we think! 

'We are so confident that England will win the Cup this time round, we are pre-releasing our unique shirts'.

The company had initially listed the t-shirts for £29.99, but is now attempting to sell stock at £9.99.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
and if they have also printed 18000 France win and 18000 Argentina win. Would it still be funny?
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I hope Kane has seen how you take and score multiple penalties in one match.

Not scoring one and sending one up to space to become a GPS satellite.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

AreaDaddy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:33 pm I hope Kane has seen how you take and score multiple penalties in one match.

Not scoring one and sending one up to space to become a GPS satellite.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: but but but... he is Harrrryyyyy Kaneeeeeee! The Igwe of Waterloo. :rotf:

There are greats and then, there are pretenders. Kane at 29 cannot hold a candle to a 23 year old Mbappe. Abeg forget tori!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I have this tired argument with some North American friends even today...who think England is a tier 1 football power with players as good as anybody else.

France says it all about this.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:14 pm I have this tired argument with some North American friends even today...who think England is a tier 1 football power with players as good as anybody else.

To be fair mate, in this world cup England stood up to be counted. They happened on Bellingham and that seemed to help them a lot.

Individually their players are not as good as anyone else but collectively no one rolls them over to tickle their belly.

They always have a knack for producing defensive midfielders that can run and run and run.

Based on this World Cup and last Euros, they are a Tier 1 footballing team.

Go back any further, they drop down to Tier 2.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Aswani wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:16 am
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:14 pm I have this tired argument with some North American friends even today...who think England is a tier 1 football power with players as good as anybody else.

To be fair mate, in this world cup England stood up to be counted. They happened on Bellingham and that seemed to help them a lot.

Individually their players are not as good as anyone else but collectively no one rolls them over to tickle their belly.

They always have a knack for producing defensive midfielders that can run and run and run.

Based on this World Cup and last Euros, they are a Tier 1 footballing team.

Go back any further, they drop down to Tier 2.
I agree with everything except the last point. England will continue to lose to France and Italy when it counts. Exactly for the reasons you laid out: they can run, fight, and while improved in skill...lag behind the tier 1.

I could be wrong but still feel this way.

And man do I hate the English press. :)