I am just going to be honest, I will support France over Morocco

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Re: I am just going to be honest, I will support France over Morocco

Post by smallpikin »

The Morocco coach is talking all about representing Africa, and I don’t even see any reference to the Arab world. Here —> https://www.espn.com/soccer/morocco-mar ... cky-balboa
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Monescafe wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:43 am Wish you well on your ankle recovery.
can't be.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

thanks, going for a 2nd xray next week
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I can't believe it, the man myth legend has returned. I now have to redo the greatest CEs of all-time rankings

1) Legend Zee
2) Monescafe
3) 1naija
4) Big Pokey

it is written in stone.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Morocco’s World Cup win lifts a legion of Arab fans
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... olidarity/
You could feel the whole stadium was chanting for Morocco — Syrians and Egyptians and Palestinians, the entire Arab world,” he said. “It feels really — natural.”
For some, the feelings evoked an earlier era of Pan-Arab nationalism, even if the identities of the teams participating were more complicated, with fans also claiming ties to the Persian Gulf or Africa, for example. Encounters between Arab citizens who traveled from their countries and mingled with fellow citizens living abroad have nurtured the sense of community.
Fans said that in recent weeks, conversations across the region have focused on the excitement of the latest match by an Arab team, or giddy anticipation of the next, even by people who cared little about soccer. Through it all, a narrative of the World Cup emerged that was wholly different from the one heard in Europe and elsewhere, where the focus has been on the abuses suffered by migrant workers who prepared the tournament’s infrastructure, and the general lack of suitability of Qatar as a host.
Amine Eddaifi, 32, a Moroccan consultant who lives in the United Arab Emirates and had traveled back and forth to Qatar for the matches.

We represent the Arab world, the last hope,” he said Tuesday, before the match against Spain. “It’s a great feeling. It’s also some pressure,” he said.
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Didnt Samuel Eto one time score for Barca at Stamford bridge and was running stabbing his biceps rapidly in celebration; he was later asked what that means and he went on to say something to the effect that it means his talents to score were from the blood of his ancestors; Was that a race based statement/behavior. Point its neither here nor there. It only matters when you have nothing more important to say.
Morocco as a nation has done more for African football than any other African nation in recent years. time after time they picked up and accepted the responsibilities of hosting tournaments after tournaments when designated host counties dropped the ball. Morocco was and is always ready to pick up the tabs. They now have been rewarded handsomely for all the good things they have been doing for African football. Anyone saying anything otherwise than supporting morocco and sharing in their accomplishment has no brains.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

it seems they are now saying they are Africans etc. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . my work is done.kudos to Abdeslam Ouaddou.

next time ensure Africa is called first...now you have my support
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:09 pm it seems they are now saying they are Africans etc. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . my work is done.. next time ensure Africa is called first...now you have my support
Dude, get lost with you foolishness! I have a ton of Moroccan friends. They are more proud Africans than more Nigerians! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:09 pm I don't give two flying ghanians about this rubbish. They are whatever they are, but i will support who looks like me first, and the following Mbappe, Tchouaméni,Upamecano,Koundé,Varane,Dembélé,Coman,Konaté,Camavinga,Thuram,Saliba,Kolo Muani,Fofana,Mandanda

"resemble" all my features and that is that , the so called Arab team or lies about being the first Muslim team ( Turkey was the first in 2002) to make the semis can go suck on a lemon, I wish them nothing but failure and hope France scores nothing less that 4 against them ..
There goes Bigpokey24, again. Well, ok-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:15 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:09 pm it seems they are now saying they are Africans etc. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . my work is done.. next time ensure Africa is called first...now you have my support
Dude, get lost with you foolishness! I have a ton of Moroccan friends. They are more proud Africans than more Nigerians! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Thats what many of these mugus who have never interacted with north Africans on any meaningful level don't get. Mugus have been so Americanize to racialize everything they see from a distance. I was in the military with a bunch of north Africans and the thing they hated most is being grouped with middle east or being called anything but Africans. Big porky hasn't left Texas since Panam dropped him there
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

jette1 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:10 pm
Thats what many of these mugus who have never interacted with north Africans on any meaningful level don't get. Mugus have been so Americanize to racialize everything they see from a distance. I was in the military with a bunch of north Africans and the thing they hated most is being grouped with middle east or being called anything but Africans. Big porky hasn't left Texas since Panam dropped him there
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what the heck is panam?
SuperEagles

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:48 pm
what the heck is panam?
He meant since you came to the states as a West African refugee in 1992 and got dropped in Houston!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

undie , you don tey for this forum over 20 plus years, and you post as if you are having issues outside the forum . if you don't like what someone post, you don't have to go all willy nilly, noticed how i ignored your post earlier, but instead you are trying so hard to get some attention. Enjoy the forum and stop getting all worked up over some post you don't like haba.. you no dey grow for mind too?

get over this haba you no dey tire ?
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They are part of CAF and their success is also one of African football.

And let’s not forget that Africa is in fact considered the most diverse continent. From the Kalahari bushmen who have Asian features to Tuaregs in the Sahara, we span every look and shade. There is no one African look
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:23 pm undie , you don tey for this forum over 20 plus years, and you post as if you are having issues outside the forum . if you don't like what someone post, you don't have to go all willy nilly, noticed how i ignored your post earlier, but instead you are trying so hard to get some attention. Enjoy the forum and stop getting all worked up over some post you don't like haba.. you no dey grow for mind too?

get over this haba you no dey tire ?
BP!!!!! you be my guy but sometimes you too dey talk pure rubbish! I go leave you alone!

btw, 20 years for where? I Joined in 1996!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Success has many fathers, that's the reason we see all these Arab references, if war broke out in Morocco today, don't expect the Saudis, Qataris, Emiratis etc. to move an inch. It would be Africa picking up the pieces.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Moroccans have multiple identities Arab, Amazigh, and of course African. Nothing wrong with that. Very few Moroccans I know deny that they are African. They are receiving a lot of support from the locals in Qatar because they identify as Arab as well, but I dont see anything wrong with that.

It would be a great story if a manager who was managing in the CAF Champions League a few months ago wins the World Cup. A major credit to African football without a doubt.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:31 pm
Monescaaaaaaaaaaaafeeee

Na inside this yeye thread I came find you bro.

Dude where have you been? 8-)
The thing taya person. I had to scroll back twice, when my eyes read the name the first time I was scrolling down. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Fatporkey hasn’t left his box room ever since he discovered Eagles Nest!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Jaidi wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:34 am Moroccans have multiple identities Arab, Amazigh, and of course African. Nothing wrong with that. Very few Moroccans I know deny that they are African. They are receiving a lot of support from the locals in Qatar because they identify as Arab as well, but I dont see anything wrong with that.

It would be a great story if a manager who was managing in the CAF Champions League a few months ago wins the World Cup. A major credit to African football without a doubt.
Exactly how I see it. I don't know why it has to be either or. Atlas has already said they are African Berbers and Arabs. That said, support who you like, afterall some people refused to support Ghana. It isn't that deep.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Nah. Rather Morocco win, I'm not buying this they-don't-look-like-me argument. Morocco is an AFRICAN country, France is not.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There is always a member of the family that betrays the family and supports the enemy. They are the ones that provide inside information that the enemies use agaisnt the family. Kudos for revealing who you are.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:09 pm I don't give two flying ghanians about this rubbish. They are whatever they are, but i will support who looks like me first, and the following Mbappe, Tchouaméni,Upamecano,Koundé,Varane,Dembélé,Coman,Konaté,Camavinga,Thuram,Saliba,Kolo Muani,Fofana,Mandanda

"resemble" all my features and that is that , the so called Arab team or lies about being the first Muslim team ( Turkey was the first in 2002) to make the semis can go suck on a lemon, I wish them nothing but failure and hope France scores nothing less that 4 against them ..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.