[WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 3(Messi, Alvarez X2) CROATIA 0

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 3(Messi, Alvarez X2) CROATIA 0

Post by King Futcha »

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Vintage Leo Messi. ‘06 Zidanesque display. Masterful command of the field of battle. At some point even the marsupials of the kangaroo court must empty the pouch of its Mancunian-Madridista malaise. The numbers paint the mirage of proximity. It’s not even close. Never has been. Genius.

The Albiceleste will turn Marie-Celeste come the big dance but not before the guard of honour is afforded the legend. Respect. Reverence.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:17 am
SylverEagles wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:16 am
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:28 am Messi. Messi. Messiiiiiiii. (His pk was shade to Kane on how not to kill 10 birds in downtown Doha).

But Paulo didn’t explain it well to me. I was told that he had a bad hamstring. Na wao. Kudos to Scaloni for stitching together an airtight unit which allows Messi to rewind the clock by 10 years or more.

Damn. At a point I was waving my hand in the air like an Argie fan reminiscent of 1986 when I supported another superhuman legend in the final game. Muscle memory is still sharp. … Vamos Albicelestes :clap: :clap:
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I understand acknowledging Messi but supporting Argentina?? Tufiakwa!! We should take away your Naija citizenship. :sneaky: :sneaky: :twisted:
And ban him from CE for life! Chei! :mad: He probably wears an Argie jersey in public :mrgreen:
Blame Brazil and Casimerio for naive defending. Lol. Argentina is a tough pill to swallow but I go with my heart just as I did in 1986. I want France in the finals though. Don't call me anti-Africa. I no wan watch another training match this Sunday. Abeg :mrgreen:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:53 am Cant help but root for Messi. Sorry guys but i want Argentina and Messi to win. Hope i dont get my Nigerian citizenship revoked. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
No mind them. They no fit revoke nada. Typical naija :rotf:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:11 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:17 am
SylverEagles wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:16 am
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:28 am Messi. Messi. Messiiiiiiii. (His pk was shade to Kane on how not to kill 10 birds in downtown Doha).

But Paulo didn’t explain it well to me. I was told that he had a bad hamstring. Na wao. Kudos to Scaloni for stitching together an airtight unit which allows Messi to rewind the clock by 10 years or more.

Damn. At a point I was waving my hand in the air like an Argie fan reminiscent of 1986 when I supported another superhuman legend in the final game. Muscle memory is still sharp. … Vamos Albicelestes :clap: :clap:
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I understand acknowledging Messi but supporting Argentina?? Tufiakwa!! We should take away your Naija citizenship. :sneaky: :sneaky: :twisted:
And ban him from CE for life! Chei! :mad: He probably wears an Argie jersey in public :mrgreen:
Blame Brazil and Casimerio for naive defending. Lol. Argentina is a tough pill to swallow but I go with my heart just as I did in 1986. I want France in the finals though. Don't call me anti-Africa. I no wan watch another training match this Sunday. Abeg :mrgreen:
Hell yeah I want France in the final too. As good as Morocco are I don't quite trust them to serve a beat down to Argentina.

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:15 pm
Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:08 pm You guys should know WC history.

A S. American team that struggles to qualify and/or starts poorly in the WC but improves with time usually wins it.
But S. American team that sails through qualifiers and the group stages disappoints.

Note: It is generally, true that teams that improve as a tournament progresses do better than those that have it easy initially.
:taunt:
Kabalulu, stop pretending a Ugandan can know anything about footie :D :taunt: The Argies lost to Cameroon in the first game of 1990, but lost to Germany in the final. Have you forgotten that? No, you have not, you just did not know that. :biggrin:
Hmmm, that just proves my point.
Brazil went into the 1990 WC on a high and Argentina bundled them out in the Round of 16.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:18 am
mcal wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:54 am
Odas wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:45 am How did this happen? How did Argentina beat Croatia by this score margin (3-0), how?
...lapses in defense. I only saw the first 2 goals, gave up, returned it became 3.
Yep. This pretty much summarizes it.

It wasn't naive defending...just poor defending in moments. 2 players stand out.

Lovren, who was out of position and didn't cover and challenge.

Sosa, who let nerves get the best of him to whiff on a challenge for the 2nd goal.

3rd goal was Messi magic vs our best defender Gvardiol, who was left alone for 7 seconds.
Mehn! Ok-oooooooo!!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:01 am
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:34 am
mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 am
Odas wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:45 am How did this happen? How did Argentina beat Croatia by this score margin (3-0), how?
By scoring 3 goals.

You know, the ball went over the Croatian line 3 times in the goal.

:rotf:

We got our azzes kicked. Argentina got revenge for us beating them by the same score in 2018.
Sorry Mate. Your boys fought hard but today was there was too much Messi & Alvarez to cope with plus the fact your boys have absolutely no threat upfront finally cost you. I feel bad for Modric- true generational player. So much quality even at the twilight of his career. I was hoping he’d get to the finals again but today, Messi and co were too much. The kid Josko Gvardiol took a few lessons today and will be better for it in the future. Good luck in the 3rd place match. :thumb:
Fair points. Today the better team win. Croatia will try to win 3rd place to conclude this successful WC run,

👍
Mate,

Nothing lost bro. Your team did very well, though I had wished they beat Argentina for me, but that's ok
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.