[WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 3(Messi, Alvarez X2) CROATIA 0

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 3(Messi, Alvarez X2) CROATIA 0

Post by Man Ataye »

Geez. Is Messi gonna win everything. ?????;I wanted him to win if in 2014. Not this 1.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

:clap:

Good 2 hear.Nice 2 know of the rebuilding mode
Yes yes. U he IT'S did them in. Sure took its toll
mate wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:14 pm
gosh wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:04 pm Croatia appeared to play with lots of heavy legs today. They just didn't seem themselves at all, and barely had any shots on goal.
True. We finally felt the OTs.

But it's a marathon as they say. We just weren't fit and good enough. I have no problem admitting this.

We will be back. Already the Croatian FA has made some statements about what worked and what didn't. We have a lot of gre :clap: :clap: at young players. I'm happy and proud of Croatia...at least 4th place, 2nd semi in a row.

Hats off to Argentina.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Argentina have really raised their game, and are clearly improving as the competition goes on.

Could there be 3 stars on the horizon ?
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AreaDaddy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:28 pm Argentina have really raised their game, and are clearly improving as the competition goes on.

Could there be 3 stars on the horizon ?
me i am just a hater, I think they've done well if they win it , i will be glad Europe didn't if they don't i will yab messi big time.. So France or Morocco best win this ish ( Franc , Argentina or Morocco nah one of them go be world champs) as always s nah vets dey always win WorldCup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Argentina was not 3 goals better but the Croatia defense was soft todat. I am not a fan of the way Sosa plays, he reminds me of that kid based in Russia that Rohr took to the worldcup as a left back. Both I feel lack the athleticism to play the role. The gtwo goals rocked Croatia and the attack just was not there to catch up with a hustling team like Argentina. The best team in this tourney for me was Portugal followed by Brazil and both already out the rest just sorta overachieving. All three teams left can win it.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

oscar52 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:50 pm Argentina was not 3 goals better but the Croatia defense was soft todat. I am not a fan of the way Sosa plays, he reminds me of that kid based in Russia that Rohr took to the worldcup as a left back. Both I feel lack the athleticism to play the role. The gtwo goals rocked Croatia and the attack just was not there to catch up with a hustling team like Argentina. The best team in this tourney for me was Portugal followed by Brazil and both already out the rest just sorta overachieving. All three teams left can win it.

Sosa got rattled. He's 24, actually extremely fast, a good athlete, maybe needs some more muscle. The mental strength wasn't there, costing him especially on offense...as he made bad passes and dribbles.

Today was the only day he really messed up defensively. Just panicked on that 2nd goal, barely getting a flick when he could have cleared if more composed. I really hope he gets over this and can continue to develop...as he has the raw attributes.

But like you noted, it's hard to teach having a 90 minute winner's mentality. It will come down to him. But I can tell you Croatia does its best to help its players develop to their max. We know he needs it.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

How did this happen? How did Argentina beat Croatia by this score margin (3-0), how?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Odas wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:45 am How did this happen? How did Argentina beat Croatia by this score margin (3-0), how?
By scoring 3 goals.

You know, the ball went over the Croatian line 3 times in the goal.

:rotf:

We got our azzes kicked. Argentina got revenge for us beating them by the same score in 2018.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:45 am How did this happen? How did Argentina beat Croatia by this score margin (3-0), how?
...lapses in defense. I only saw the first 2 goals, gave up, returned it became 3.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:54 am
...lapses in defense. I only saw the first 2 goals, gave up, returned it became 3.
Yep. This pretty much summarizes it.

It wasn't naive defending...just poor defending in moments. 2 players stand out.

Lovren, who was out of position and didn't cover and challenge.

Sosa, who let nerves get the best of him to whiff on a challenge for the 2nd goal.

3rd goal was Messi magic vs our best defender Gvardiol, who was left alone for 7 seconds.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Messi. Messi. Messiiiiiiii. (His pk was shade to Kane on how not to kill 10 birds in downtown Doha).

But Paulo didn’t explain it well to me. I was told that he had a bad hamstring. Na wao. Kudos to Scaloni for stitching together an airtight unit which allows Messi to rewind the clock by 10 years or more.

Damn. At a point I was waving my hand in the air like an Argie fan reminiscent of 1986 when I supported another superhuman legend in the final game. Muscle memory is still sharp. … Vamos Albicelestes :clap: :clap:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:28 am Messi. Messi. Messiiiiiiii. (His pk was shade to Kane on how not to kill 10 birds in downtown Doha).

But Paulo didn’t explain it well to me. I was told that he had a bad hamstring. Na wao. Kudos to Scaloni for stitching together an airtight unit which allows Messi to rewind the clock by 10 years or more.

Damn. At a point I was waving my hand in the air like an Argie fan reminiscent of 1986 when I supported another superhuman legend in the final game. Muscle memory is still sharp. … Vamos Albicelestes :clap: :clap:
:mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Fanboys don start already. :biggrin:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 am
By scoring 3 goals.

We got our azzes kicked. Argentina got revenge for us beating them by the same score in 2018.
Sorry Mate. Your boys fought hard but today was there was too much Messi & Alvarez to cope with plus the fact your boys have absolutely no threat upfront finally cost you. I feel bad for Modric- true generational player. So much quality even at the twilight of his career. I was hoping he’d get to the finals again but today, Messi and co were too much. The kid Josko Gvardiol took a few lessons today and will be better for it in the future. Good luck in the 3rd place match. :thumb:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:33 am
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:28 am Messi. Messi. Messiiiiiiii. (His pk was shade to Kane on how not to kill 10 birds in downtown Doha).

:mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Fanboys don start already. :biggrin:
Uncle, normally I will be rooting for France (Morocco done try but the happy days should be over tomorrow). Honestly it will be difficult for me to root against Messi in THIS final.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 2(Messi, Alvarez) CROATIA 0

Post by green4life »

Cito wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:34 pm Poor Gvardiol, taken to a class on how this works. :D
The young boy was literally taken to kindergarten school by gran Pa Messi. Na wao. Very brutal.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 0 CROATIA 0

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:56 pm
ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:51 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:14 pm In other news Upamecano and Rabiot missed training with France today. Konate (Ohsee's boy) and Fofana are likely to start in their place tomorrow.
France won't miss Upamecano, but they will miss Rabiot. I have come to appreciate the guy's robust and never say die play. Konate will be a more than adequate replacement for Dayot.
Saliba would start over Konate in my humble opinion if indeed they are out which has not been confirmed.

and Guendouzi would replace Rabiot, France are not going to have that many damn brothers in their lineup :)
I don't think Deschamps trusts Saliba as much as he trusts Konate. Apparently Deschamps was not impressed with Saliba's performance during the Nations League game against Denmark. The story is that Deschamps chalked it up to inexperience. Unless both Upamecano and Konate are injured, Saliba will not start.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:36 pm It’s hard to feel bad for these defensive/negative teams when they get undone…this should have been Brazil/Arg but it is what it is…
Finally someone said it. Brazil should’ve been in this game. It would’ve been WW3 as opposed to todays scrimmage match. It is what it is.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Mate,
Sorry about the result, but this was one bridge too far for you guys. Croatia though has a very impressive WC pedigree - 2 semis and 1 final placement is on mean feat. I'm hoping the impossible happens and this cup comes to Africa but Messi and his fellows seem to have hit their stride at the right time.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 1(Messi) CROATIA 0

Post by green4life »

joplass wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:45 pm All this is on that ref and on FIFA, that illegal pk just destroyed Croatia.
Lol. Illegal pk ko. Illegal flogging ni.

That was a stonewall pk. As clear as night and day.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:34 am
mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 am
By scoring 3 goals.

Sorry Mate. Your boys fought hard but today was there was too much Messi & Alvarez to cope with plus the fact your boys have absolutely no threat upfront finally cost you. I feel bad for Modric- true generational player. So much quality even at the twilight of his career. I was hoping he’d get to the finals again but today, Messi and co were too much. The kid Josko Gvardiol took a few lessons today and will be better for it in the future. Good luck in the 3rd place match. :thumb:

Fair points. Today the better team win. Croatia will try to win 3rd place to conclude this successful WC run,

👍
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I understand acknowledging Messi but supporting Argentina?? Tufiakwa!! We should take away your Naija citizenship. :sneaky: :sneaky: :twisted:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

SylverEagles wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:16 am

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I understand acknowledging Messi but supporting Argentina?? Tufiakwa!! We should take away your Naija citizenship. :sneaky: :sneaky: :twisted:
And ban him from CE for life! Chei! :mad: He probably wears an Argie jersey in public :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cant help but root for Messi. Sorry guys but i want Argentina and Messi to win. Hope i dont get my Nigerian citizenship revoked. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.