[WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 3(Messi, Alvarez X2) CROATIA 0

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 3(Messi, Alvarez X2) CROATIA 0

Post by Orion »

They took a very good team in Brazil out, only to come here and open yansh. :twisted:

Seriously, there is something wrong with the whole penalty system.

All the stars are aligning for Argentina and Messi to lift that cup right now.

Don't be surprised if Morocco takes out France tomorrow and then proceeds to bend over for Argentina.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:50 pm
ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:46 pm Let me go and do something else jare. The Argies will win this World Cup and we no go hear word again from Messi fan boys. :mad:
@Mazi, truth is, this Argentina side are, on talent, nowhere near Portugal. Hate it or love it, Igwe has led them to another WC final. They mightn’t win it, can’t win it, but don’t see a Xavi in that midfield and here they are. The Goat wey inside peppe’soup no fit enta Isi-ewu.
Coachito, I am loath to admit it, but Messi seems to have stepped up and shown leadership. Finally. Team not talent wins World Cups. The football gods are shouting in my ear that it will be the Argies. :mad:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 0 CROATIA 0

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:51 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:14 pm In other news Upamecano and Rabiot missed training with France today. Konate (Ohsee's boy) and Fofana are likely to start in their place tomorrow.
France won't miss Upamecano, but they will miss Rabiot. I have come to appreciate the guy's robust and never say die play. Konate will be a more than adequate replacement for Dayot.
Saliba would start over Konate in my humble opinion if indeed they are out which has not been confirmed.

and Guendouzi would replace Rabiot, France are not going to have that many damn brothers in their lineup :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 0 CROATIA 0

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:31 pm @Mazi, “nonsess!”. Feet firmly planted. Not a flag at half mast. Full stretch nothing less. France may have won the skirmish, but those dust-laden books atop the shelf will tell their truths for all ages. When it mattered most. Waterloo. Deschamps’ boys took a helluva beating.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Real Ingrishman. :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is what Tite should've done but for his arrogance

Complete domination by Argentina.

Put Croatia precisely where they belong in 2022, a good but high average team...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:55 pm They took a very good team in Brazil out, only to come here and open yansh. :twisted:

Seriously, there is something wrong with the whole penalty system.

All the stars are aligning for Argentina and Messi to lift that cup right now.

Don't be surprised if Morocco takes out France tomorrow and then proceeds to bend over for Argentina.
:lol: :lol: The long games took their toll on Croatia.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 SF #1] ARGENTINA 2(Messi, Alvarez) CROATIA 0

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:36 pm
cchinukw wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:33 pm Where did that come from?
From Alvarez! The backup player City got to replace Gabby. :D
lol remember our convo about this guy ? when i said even as an arsenal fan me sef chose Alvarez. chai the bo :drool: :drool: y stock don rise more now.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You guys should know WC history.

A S. American team that struggles to qualify and/or starts poorly in the WC but improves with time usually wins it.
But S. American team that sails through qualifiers and the group stages disappoints.

Note: It is generally, true that teams that improve as a tournament progresses do better than those that have it easy initially.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Grand Old Hadjuk, FYI…2 x 30kg luggage allowance plus a cabin bag.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:08 pm You guys should know WC history.

A S. American team that struggles to qualify and/or starts poorly in the WC but improves with time usually wins it.
But S. American team that sails through qualifiers and the group stages disappoints.

Note: It is generally, true that teams that improve as a tournament progresses do better than those that have it easy initially.
:taunt:
Kabalulu, stop pretending a Ugandan can know anything about footie :D :taunt: The Argies lost to Cameroon in the first game of 1990, but lost to Germany in the final. Have you forgotten that? No, you have not, you just did not know that. :biggrin:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:38 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:36 pm It’s hard to feel bad for these defensive/negative teams when they get undone…this should have been Brazil/Arg but it is what it is…
I don't feel bad. I mean, they did what they had to do to get here, however they started feeling themselves talking about how they tactically outsmarted Brazil.
Abi, a deflection on their first real attacked changed that game for them. They are a dogged team but I know I’d want to see an entertaining rather than ‘tactical’ final…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...now I am rooting for France, sorry Morocco. Only probably France can match and sucker punch these dirty Argies.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Croatia enjoyed possession in the wrong places, Argentina just counter attacked, the game tomorrow will be interesting
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't think I have seen Messi play this well in a WC game. Just like Zidane against Brazil in 2006. Hopefully, like Zidane he falls short in the finals.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

We will never hear the end of it if Argentina win this. Now I want France to beat Morocco 🇲🇦.. Just because Morocco will more than likely let Argentina beat them in the Final game. Only France can save us now!
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

France retaining the World Cup will echo louder than any Argie bargie. Europe will be crowned King of Kings.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I am of course disappointed we lost 3-0. I still feel that was a soft penalty. But we did break down twice catastrophically on those 1st 2 goals. Lovren in fact was a culprit in all 3 Argentinian goals. The defense breaking REALLY exposed the lack of attackers, as we had to go for broke and lost bigger.

Still, Argentina deserved the win. They classically are peaking and jelling as this tournament goes along. Messi is proving his quality...I doubt he lets go this opportunity to cement his legacy as a GOAT.

I'm happy overall with Croatia. A top 4 is a fair result. I hope we play for 3rd place and a bronze.

We've a big youth pipeline. Lots of good players like Gvardiol, Sosa, Majer, Sucic, Erlic, and Sutalo. We'll be competitive for years to come.

Onwards with the WC. I can relax and have fun again. Thanks for the support.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:25 pm I don't think I have seen Messi play this well in a WC game. Just like Zidane against Brazil in 2006. Hopefully, like Zidane he falls short in the finals.

He was superb. The play against Gvardiol said it all for the 3rd goal. Gvardiol is excellent 1v1, but Messi took him...mind you, no othe defender helped in what was like a 7 second play...even leaving a free Argentine attacker for easy pass and goal.

Messi is on a mission. 1 game. He can very well do this.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:14 pm Grand Old Hadjuk, FYI…2 x 30kg luggage allowance plus a cabin bag.

Nope.

You know as well as I do we have a bronze medal game to play for.

:)
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Croatia appeared to play with lots of heavy legs today. They just didn't seem themselves at all, and barely had any shots on goal.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

I think an argy Morocco final we I'll pull more coverage
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

gosh wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:04 pm Croatia appeared to play with lots of heavy legs today. They just didn't seem themselves at all, and barely had any shots on goal.
True. We finally felt the OTs.

But it's a marathon as they say. We just weren't fit and good enough. I have no problem admitting this.

We will be back. Already the Croatian FA has made some statements about what worked and what didn't. We have a lot of great young players. I'm happy and proud of Croatia...at least 4th place, 2nd semi in a row.

Hats off to Argentina.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Wish modric went out in a BANG. Should been in the final
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....