World cup is rigged

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World cup is rigged

Post by Coach »

If not mistaken, Hernandez got the ball before his momentum got the man. In that instance, the defensive action has not illegally prevented the offensive. Not a penalty. No a yellow card.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As for the Pen vs Croatia, the goalkeeper’s collision with the player, prevented progression of his offensive action. Regardless of whether the ball was moving away from goal or not, in colliding with the player, he impeded his actions. How many times has a player attempted to round a keeper, knocked the ball then been felled by the keeper’s hand? Penalty is always the verdict, why? Because the attacking action is prevented by the keeper with no playing of the ball.

Penalty all day long and rightly so.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Comrade Machel wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:41 pm Those bloody Argentinians :curse: This whole thing is/was a fix

How was that a penalty for the argies

Michael Oliver was disgraceful in bRazil game and a few other decisions we have seen in this world cup :curse:

They might as well give the cup to Messi as is clearly their plan :boo: :dream:
The only reason why Africa has not won the World Cup
After watching all the matches dating back to 1934 with Egypt playing, it comes down to one factor.
FIFA Referees! If you thought they hated us during Slavery, they still hate us today! How many Africans have refereed a World Cup final? Only a handful if any! The day they balance the racist ref problem, an African country will win!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:41 pm As for the Pen vs Croatia, the goalkeeper’s collision with the player, prevented progression of his offensive action. Regardless of whether the ball was moving away from goal or not, in colliding with the player, he impeded his actions. How many times has a player attempted to round a keeper, knocked the ball then been felled by the keeper’s hand? Penalty is always the verdict, why? Because the attacking action is prevented by the keeper with no playing of the ball.

Penalty all day long and rightly so.

You are wrong on this one. See my earlier post.

Goalie was set with enough time for Alvarez to avoid him.

That's ok, because I accept bias is a part of the sport...but when it happens to your team, I'll be sympathetic...but a lot of aggrieved folks won't...and nothing will be done to prevent this kind of match impacting officiating.

Usual Disclaimer: Argentina was better and rightful winner. No excuse.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:15 am
Comrade Machel wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:41 pm Those bloody Argentinians :curse: This whole thing is/was a fix

How was that a penalty for the argies

Michael Oliver was disgraceful in bRazil game and a few other decisions we have seen in this world cup :curse:

They might as well give the cup to Messi as is clearly their plan :boo: :dream:
The only reason why Africa has not won the World Cup
After watching all the matches dating back to 1934 with Egypt playing, it comes down to one factor.
FIFA Referees! If you thought they hated us during Slavery, they still hate us today! How many Africans have refereed a World Cup final? Only a handful if any! The day they balance the racist ref problem, an African country will win!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ogolo onye ala. :lol: Did you consumated etcheteram bottles of Tusker before you posted, or are you making yokes? Your post is very funny. :biggrin: :biggrin:

However, I suspect that Messi will be dashed a very free penarity on Sunday. Mucho ojoro fouls will be blown in his favour. Whedda or wheddarant the WC is "rigged," the truth is that top players like him get favourable calls from the refs. I cannot say with any serious confidence that there is an agreement to do this, but it looks very suspicious.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:33 am I'm not alone in disagreeing with that PK. Again, why do these things just happen to occur more often against a team like Croatia when playing a team with more pedigree?

Disclaimer: Argentina was the better team and a worthy winner. But I hate that this BS happens.

And when they talked to the ex referee in the studio, he said it was 100% a foul and a penalty. Anywhere else in the pitch of that happens, is a foul
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Molue Conductor wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:41 am
mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:33 am I'm not alone in disagreeing with that PK. Again, why do these things just happen to occur more often against a team like Croatia when playing a team with more pedigree?

Disclaimer: Argentina was the better team and a worthy winner. But I hate that this BS happens.

And when they talked to the ex referee in the studio, he said it was 100% a foul and a penalty. Anywhere else in the pitch of that happens, is a foul

I explained why this is both not true and not a good analogy.

Outside the penalty area:
* you pass or shoot from 2 meters and I slide left and come to a stop.
* you then run into me instead of going around me...your fault, you even charged me.

Sorry man, only a direct impediment is a foul...within closing time and space.

Finally, this is the goalie basically standing is ground and trying to make a save, to the point where he did that and yet still set...meaning Alvarez too had time to avoid him.

Alvarez sold it, knowing full well he might get the call.

Again, doesn't matter...but man, wait till it happens to your team and some aggrieved folks say: :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:37 pm If not mistaken, Hernandez got the ball before his momentum got the man. In that instance, the defensive action has not illegally prevented the offensive. Not a penalty. No a yellow card.
Whether he got the ball or not is irelevant here. BTW, this is an EPL tendency. In other leagues, a player doesn’t get away with murder because they got the ball. But, I digress.

The French defender went for the ball in a manner that made him lose control of his body and took out an opponent with two feet. That was a foul.
Many neutral experts agree.

In fact, Morocco has lodged a complaint to FIFA.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

mate wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:50 am

* you then run into me instead of going around me...your fault, you even charged me.

Finally, this is the goalie basically standing is ground and trying to make a save, to the point where he did that and yet still set...meaning Alvarez too had time to avoid him.

Again, doesn't matter...but man, wait till it happens to your team and some aggrieved folks say: :taunt:
You are making your own rules. I disagree with the current rules btw. But, anywhere on the field, if you make a challenge and do not win the ball and end up obstructing a player, it's a foul. The keeper came out and made a challenge for the ball, he was not standing his ground (lol at the still picture in that clip, he leg motioned towards Alverez and the ball went the other way). Regardless, the player is NOT expected to avoid the challenge under the current rules. This is why when a keeper dives, all the striker needs to do is move the ball away from the keeper and run into the keepers hands.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Molue Conductor wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:16 pm
mate wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:50 am

You are making your own rules. I disagree with the current rules btw. But, anywhere on the field, if you make a challenge and do not win the ball and end up obstructing a player, it's a foul. The keeper came out and made a challenge for the ball, he was not standing his ground (lol at the still picture in that clip, he leg motioned towards Alverez and the ball went the other way). Regardless, the player is NOT expected to avoid the challenge under the current rules. This is why when a keeper dives, all the striker needs to do is move the ball away from the keeper and run into the keepers hands.

Current rules do not allow you to run into a player and then claim obstruction.

It is a matter of time and space.

Honestly, I don't know why so many folks contest this...refusing to draw it on paper.

Again, if we're within 1-2m, it is possible to obstruct.

Father than that, I cannot obstruct unless you close with me, especially without the ball.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Argentina has had 4 penalty kicks this World Cup in 4 out of 6 games.

This was probably the only legit penalty.

The World Cup is rigged a bit or at least Argentina is being pushed over the finish line a bit, but this isn't the best game to call out FIFA. The other penalty calls were bad though.