World cup is rigged

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
World cup is rigged

Post by Comrade Machel »

Those bloody Argentinians :curse: This whole thing is/was a fix

How was that a penalty for the argies

Michael Oliver was disgraceful in bRazil game and a few other decisions we have seen in this world cup :curse:

They might as well give the cup to Messi as is clearly their plan :boo: :dream:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: World cup is rigged

Post by SylverEagles »

Please stop with this silly and quite ridiculous narative. Human error and interpretation has been part of the game from the first day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It was a pk.

They’ve hardly created anything though. Lots of ball possession in midfield but no penetration to create decisive chances. On the PK, the goalie didn’t need to clatter into the attacker. His defense had it covered after the attacker pushed the ball beyond the goalie. But it’s easy to second guess. In real-time with the players moving so quickly, it’s more difficult to control oneself
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't think it was a pk myself but I wouldn't say the WC is rigged.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:29 pm I don't think it was a pk myself but I wouldn't say the WC is rigged.
I've seen them given. He impeded the player without getting the ball. Had he touched the ball, it wouldn't have been a penalty.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:29 pm I don't think it was a pk myself but I wouldn't say the WC is rigged.
:thumbs:
Someone said something remarkable on a YouTube video I watched and it was to the effect that where money is involved and it's millions of dollars, never expect a fair contest. There is definitely going to be some "outside influence"

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Comrade Machel wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:41 pm Those bloody Argentinians :curse: This whole thing is/was a fix

How was that a penalty for the argies

Michael Oliver was disgraceful in bRazil game and a few other decisions we have seen in this world cup :curse:

They might as well give the cup to Messi as is clearly their plan :boo: :dream:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: so you just figured this out , that FIFA wants Messi to win this
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

:clap: u dry mind sm
SylverEagles wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:47 pm Please stop with this silly and quite ridiculous narative. Human error and interpretation has been part of the game from the first day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:56 pm It was a pk.

They’ve hardly created anything though. Lots of ball possession in midfield but no penetration to create decisive chances. On the PK, the goalie didn’t need to clatter into the attacker. His defense had it covered after the attacker pushed the ball beyond the goalie. But it’s easy to second guess. In real-time with the players moving so quickly, it’s more difficult to control oneself

Not a PK. But I don't believe it is a fix. At worst, bias.

But Argentina was the better team. Full stop. I call it like it as and admit when we're beaten.

As to that PK, I watched it several times even in slow-mo. Keeper stood his ground, had every right to spread himself, attacker got shot off, and ran into him.

Again, it proved not to be the margin of difference. Argentina was just that much better today. We didn't get really 1 quality chance.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I am not sure Argentina were the better team. Croatia got undone by the central defenders losing concentration and uncharacteristically letting the player that went through for the first goal have some space, second goal was a fluke too as the Argentine lost the ball twice but somehow still got it back.
A real shame, i was hoping they'll go through as I like watching them
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Home TeamArgentinaAway TeamCroatia
Possession
Home39%Away61%
Shots
Home9Away12
Shots on Target
Home7Away2
Corners
Home2Away4
Fouls
Home15Away8
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Aswani wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:21 pm I am not sure Argentina were the better team. Croatia got undone by the central defenders losing concentration and uncharacteristically letting the player that went through for the first goal have some space, second goal was a fluke too as the Argentine lost the ball twice but somehow still got it back.
A real shame, i was hoping they'll go through as I like watching them
Nobody is a bigger fan of Croatia than me.

:)

This is where statistics are deceptive.

I know we are a very good team. Arguably much better in weight than Argentina.

But:
1) Argentina have Messi and he came to play.

2) 2 catastrophic breakdowns in Croatian defense led to 2 Argentinian goals, forcing us to attack, exposing not only our weak attackers, but also leaving the defense open.

Argentina made their luck today. They did more with the ball on their chances, even accounting for some luck on that 2nd goal...and the ref being real generous on that penalty.

Football is down to small margins. Argentina had more.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

How do you have that foolish Italian Orsato.as referee in such an important game when everyone knows Argentina is the second Italy. :curse: :boo: :boo:

It was the same dumb decision of having Michael Oliver referee Brazil game when England were potentially rivals to Brazil going forward :boo:

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

SylverEagles wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:47 pm Please stop with this silly and quite ridiculous narative. Human error and interpretation has been part of the game from the first day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
...VAR was invented because of human error.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'm not alone in disagreeing with that PK. Again, why do these things just happen to occur more often against a team like Croatia when playing a team with more pedigree?

Disclaimer: Argentina was the better team and a worthy winner. But I hate that this BS happens.

Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

mate, I wouldn't bother with those idiotic British "follow the herd" commentators, it was a penalty and VAR would have made the ref look at it again if he hadn't initially given it. Even though the ball had run away, your keeper, not a bad one actually, was still moving when the clash happened.

If that was against Harry Kane, those same commentators would be screaming blue murder if it wasn't given.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

mate wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:33 am I'm not alone in disagreeing with that PK. Again, why do these things just happen to occur more often against a team like Croatia when playing a team with more pedigree?

Disclaimer: Argentina was the better team and a worthy winner. But I hate that this BS happens.

Peter Walton, a former ref, was working with ITV on the programme and he disagreed with the ex footballers.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Aswani wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:54 am mate, I wouldn't bother with those idiotic British "follow the herd" commentators, it was a penalty and VAR would have made the ref look at it again if he hadn't initially given it. Even though the ball had run away, your keeper, not a bad one actually, was still moving when the clash happened.

If that was against Harry Kane, those same commentators would be screaming blue murder if it wasn't given.
100%.
http://www.naijiant.com/
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

cic old boy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:24 pm
Aswani wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:54 am mate, I wouldn't bother with those idiotic British "follow the herd" commentators, it was a penalty and VAR would have made the ref look at it again if he hadn't initially given it. Even though the ball had run away, your keeper, not a bad one actually, was still moving when the clash happened.

100%.

I reviewed it myself from every angle.

If I close to get the ball from a dribble or passer and impede it is a foul...anywhere on the field.

If I go to get the ball 1m+ away when you dribble, pass, or shoot...and I set...it is not impeding as you had distance and time to around me...you cannot punish me for standing still.

I played the game enough to know Alvarez 99% ran into Livakovic to get the foul...the usual football BS that gives the sport a bad name.

Don't get me wrong. Argentina beat us deservedly. We should be able to fight 1 goal down. We did against Brazil and Japan. We ultimately got too tired, met an inspired Messi led team, and just don't have the forwards beyond at most scoring 1 goal against class.

But I hate that these calls disproportionately go against us. I've a long laundry list staring with 1996 Euro against Germany.

You know as well as I do there is some bias. Not a conspiracy. But it's irritating, as it is some margin of difference.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

A Moroccan player got a yellow card in the french box yesterday, that should have been a penalty call, that was no yellow card
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:28 am A Moroccan player got a yellow card in the french box yesterday, that should have been a penalty call, that was no yellow card
Sofiane Boufal was fouled. The French defender slipped, lost control of his body, slammed into Boufal and swept him off his feet in the penalty box.
Guess who got the free-kick and the other, a yellow card?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:12 am
marko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:28 am A Moroccan player got a yellow card in the french box yesterday, that should have been a penalty call, that was no yellow card
Sofiane Boufal was fouled. The French defender slipped, lost control of his body, slammed into Boufal and swept him off his feet in the penalty box.
I wondered about that hare brained referee decision too.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:12 am
IMHO, I think its high time Football Captains should have 2 VAR calls each half to contest referee decisions just like Cricket. All VAR calls should not be only at behest of referees.