[WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28217
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations to Morocco on their historic WC! A semifinal berth! E no easy! :thumbs:

AFCON go sweeeeet oooo!!! :thumbs:


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17146
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:10 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:00 pm That was France's worst performance and they scrapped through. They will need to improve against Argentina
Chief, I disagree. It is better to win, than to claim that you played better than the other team. Like useless Ingerland. :rotf:


In this game I agree.

My sense is France had an extra gear.

France did as much as needed, no more.

Says a lot, because Morocco is a tough team to break down...something Croatia, Belgium, Spain, and Portugal could not do.

I think we need to look at the whole body of work.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 39486
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by ohsee »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by smallpikin »

France has been underwhelming, though ruthless ruthless. Against Argentina, they will encounter real shithousery at this World Cup for the first time. I don’t see them winning it. It is Messi’s destiny.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
User avatar
hestonap
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:37 pm
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by hestonap »

A big too far for Maroc. But they can hold their heads high. They represented themselves and the continent well. Hats off to a respectable campaign. I hope they can pick themselves up and end on a high against Croatia.
User avatar
joplass
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by joplass »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:02 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:58 pm Battle of the would be Goats
I am sorry, you are saying that the Greatest of All TIme is a player who would have won the world cup only once? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28217
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

smallpikin wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 pm France has been underwhelming, though ruthless ruthless. Against Argentina, they will encounter real shithousery at this World Cup for the first time. I don’t see them winning it. It is Messi’s destiny.
France na senior boy team. They have encountered everything under the sun. I see Argentina unraveling mentally if things don’t go their way. I just fear for that Theo Hernandez side. That guy is a walking penalties ATM and you can trust Argentina to take advantage


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28217
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Water don finish for Waterloo oooo!!! :mrgreen:


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 33877
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by airwolex »

joplass wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:15 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:02 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:58 pm Battle of the would be Goats
I am sorry, you are saying that the Greatest of All TIme is a player who would have won the world cup only once? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol:
:rotf: :rotf:
User avatar
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 39486
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 pm
smallpikin wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 pm France has been underwhelming, though ruthless ruthless. Against Argentina, they will encounter real shithousery at this World Cup for the first time. I don’t see them winning it. It is Messi’s destiny.
France na senior boy team. They have encountered everything under the sun. I see Argentina unraveling mentally if things don’t go their way. I just fear for that Theo Hernandez side. That guy is a walking penalties ATM and you can trust Argentina to take advantage
Skip, did I not tell you that Konate is an upgrade not a downgrade? I say he and Varane were rock solid today. I hope Rabiot is back for the final. And Upamecano warms the bench while Konate starts.
User avatar
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 44510
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:03 pm
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:57 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:44 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:41 pm I told you guys...

France under Didier are like this exactly...
below Average until their best player pulls a rabit out of the hat? Yea, i agree.


No sir!

Patient, patient and more patience, until the right moment...
This is nothing like Italy in 1982. That was a text book combination of patience, team work and clinical striker. That was a team that was beautiful to watch from a defending/ counter attacking perspective. That was a team. This French performance is somewhat kamikaze style defending at times.


I do not necessarily disagree.

But its a different WC and there's far less time b/w games for recovery.

You can see that in the ragged play thru the WC...

Deschamps done extremely well in conserving energy. Will stubbornly never do more than he needs to..
This opens the window for the opponent, but also creates room for the counter.

And even when Mbappe does not dominate with the ball, his threat is hung high up there..

But they missed Rabiot in MF and
I agree with you in terms of the unique nature of this WC (players not fresh due to playing twice/week since August plus no break) and Dechamps missing on quality midfielders like Kante, Pogba & to a lesser extent Rabiot. That said, it will be quite interesting to watch the matchup between France and Argentina.
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28217
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:23 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 pm
smallpikin wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 pm France has been underwhelming, though ruthless ruthless. Against Argentina, they will encounter real shithousery at this World Cup for the first time. I don’t see them winning it. It is Messi’s destiny.
France na senior boy team. They have encountered everything under the sun. I see Argentina unraveling mentally if things don’t go their way. I just fear for that Theo Hernandez side. That guy is a walking penalties ATM and you can trust Argentina to take advantage
Skip, did I not tell you that Konate is an upgrade not a downgrade? I say he and Varane were rock solid today. I hope Rabiot is back for the final. And Upamecano warms the bench while Konate starts.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Oga you called it o! If not for him Morocco could have scored at least one today. His positioning and reaction time were impeccable. Why the hell didn’t he start the previous 2 games? Was he injured or sick? Deschamps take time o!


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 36022
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:03 pm
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:57 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:44 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:41 pm I told you guys...

France under Didier are like this exactly...
below Average until their best player pulls a rabit out of the hat? Yea, i agree.


No sir!

Patient, patient and more patience, until the right moment...
This is nothing like Italy in 1982. That was a text book combination of patience, team work and clinical striker. That was a team that was beautiful to watch from a defending/ counter attacking perspective. That was a team. This French performance is somewhat kamikaze style defending at times.


I do not necessarily disagree.

But its a different WC and there's far less time b/w games for recovery.

You can see that in the ragged play thru the WC...

Deschamps done extremely well in conserving energy. Will stubbornly never do more than he needs to..
This opens the window for the opponent, but also creates room for the counter.

And even when Mbappe does not dominate with the ball, his threat is hung high up there..

But they missed Rabiot in MF and
I agree with you in terms of the unique nature of this WC (players not fresh due to playing twice/week since August plus no break) and Dechamps missing on quality midfielders like Kante, Pogba & to a lesser extent Rabiot. That said, it will be quite interesting to watch the matchup between France and Argentina.


Will be quite interesting, esp if Scaloni keeps the lineup from the s/final which I think he will.

Its a dominant MF of four CMs.

I think if Rabiot does not recover in time that the French are in hot onion soup...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Posts: 101168
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Post by Bigpokey24 »

my goodness football sweeetttttttttttt no be small
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Posts: 101168
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:29 pm
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:03 pm
green4life wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:57 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:44 pm
txj wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:41 pm I told you guys...

France under Didier are like this exactly...
below Average until their best player pulls a rabit out of the hat? Yea, i agree.


No sir!

Patient, patient and more patience, until the right moment...
This is nothing like Italy in 1982. That was a text book combination of patience, team work and clinical striker. That was a team that was beautiful to watch from a defending/ counter attacking perspective. That was a team. This French performance is somewhat kamikaze style defending at times.


I do not necessarily disagree.

But its a different WC and there's far less time b/w games for recovery.

You can see that in the ragged play thru the WC...

Deschamps done extremely well in conserving energy. Will stubbornly never do more than he needs to..
This opens the window for the opponent, but also creates room for the counter.

And even when Mbappe does not dominate with the ball, his threat is hung high up there..

But they missed Rabiot in MF and
I agree with you in terms of the unique nature of this WC (players not fresh due to playing twice/week since August plus no break) and Dechamps missing on quality midfielders like Kante, Pogba & to a lesser extent Rabiot. That said, it will be quite interesting to watch the matchup between France and Argentina.


Will be quite interesting, esp if Scaloni keeps the lineup from the s/final which I think he will.

Its a dominant MF of four CMs.

I think if Rabiot does not recover in time that the French are in hot onion soup...
France are kings of switching it, but they've really done well. They can hurt anyone, the last two games, they gave the opposition the ball, but were tactically ahead of both England and Morocco . It will be a joy to watch Argentina vs France.. 9AM sunday ..This has been one of the best World-cups .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 33194
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by Coach »

ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If...Rudyard at his poetic best. If...only Antoine had courage.
User avatar
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 33194
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by Coach »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Water don finish for Waterloo oooo!!! :mrgreen:
And not a blue coat moving in the water.Not a drop without its shade of red.
User avatar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16774
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Post by Cito »

Morocco has the worst striker of all teams in this competition in that #21 that got a red in the last game. I hope they unearth a better striker and if they do, this team is solid.

Good job from the coaching staff setting up to maximize their strength and minimize their weaknesses.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21432
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Water don finish for Waterloo oooo!!! :mrgreen:
So na only LOO remain? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
User avatar
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 33877
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Post by airwolex »

This French team is hard to get a read on frankly. They take hella chances when they could play possession soccer like Croatia. Something tells me this is intentional.

It will be interesting against Argentina and might come down to which superstar can raise their game.
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17433
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Post by Kabalega »

Cito wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:46 pm Morocco has the worst striker of all teams in this competition in that #21 that got a red in the last game. I hope they unearth a better striker and if they do, this team is solid.

Good job from the coaching staff setting up to maximize their strength and minimize their weaknesses.
KPOM!
If they had an above average finisher that team would have put France to the sword.
They could have benefited from 2 more weeks of training together but the poor finishing did them in.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28217
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:01 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Water don finish for Waterloo oooo!!! :mrgreen:
So na only LOO remain? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na so we see am o! AKA Coach's hiding place. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17433
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:07 pm This French team is hard to get a read on frankly. They take hella chances when they could play possession soccer like Croatia. Something tells me this is intentional.

It will be interesting against Argentina and might come down to which superstar can raise their game.
This team has good players but collectively not as sharp as they could be.
At times it looks like they are winging it.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu

Post Reply