[WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari) FT Croatia win 3rd place!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20772
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by felarey »

Having a second string defence taking its toll on Morocco. Other than Hakimi they do nothing to support the forward guys.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7393
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Tobi17 »

That looked like a blatant pen Croatia
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7862
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:01 pm
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

That should have been a penalty for Croatia
-Simpli fy -
User avatar
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 11061
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Siddonlook11 »

El Neysri is really the best Morocco got ? Na waya . He is really pants.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20772
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by felarey »

That was a penalty for Croatia, 12th man strikes for Morocco.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by smallpikin »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
It has nothing with being meek. It was a tactical master plan that worked for Argentina and failed miserably for Croatia.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
User avatar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16775
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Cito »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:38 pm El Neysri is really the best Morocco got ? Na waya . He is really pants.
Wait until you see his backup.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
User avatar
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 44074
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Lolly »

Croatia can play jor
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25376
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cmon Maroc. Get Africa it's first prize at the WC.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28221
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

felarey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
I’m thinking where was this Orsic in dat game, useless traitor. Apparently they know about doing something in final third. Their central defence killed them.
Like I said, completely flabbergasted by their performance. Give credit to the Argie right side of De Paul and Molina though. They handled Orsic very well.


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28221
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
It has nothing with being meek. It was a tactical master plan that worked for Argentina and failed miserably for Croatia.
Tactics alone do not win matches. There is also intent, will and execution. Uncharacteristically Croatia fell short on the first two. That 2nd goal they conceded was key to the game. A comedy of defensive errors.


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by smallpikin »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
I’m thinking where was this Orsic in dat game, useless traitor. Apparently they know about doing something in final third. Their central defence killed them.
Like I said, completely flabbergasted by their performance. Give credit to the Argie right side of De Paul and Molina though. They handled Orsic very well.
You are comparing a second string Morocco defense with the battle hardened Argentinians. Apples and oranges.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
User avatar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16775
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Cito »

Amala and Ewedu do collect yellow.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by smallpikin »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:44 pm
smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
It has nothing with being meek. It was a tactical master plan that worked for Argentina and failed miserably for Croatia.
Tactics alone do not win matches. There is also intent, will and execution. Uncharacteristically Croatia fell short on the first two. That 2nd goal they conceded was key to the game. A comedy of defensive errors.
I agree with you. I just think there was more to it — the Argentina side that found a way to not wear them down and sap their spirits.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28221
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
I’m thinking where was this Orsic in dat game, useless traitor. Apparently they know about doing something in final third. Their central defence killed them.
Like I said, completely flabbergasted by their performance. Give credit to the Argie right side of De Paul and Molina though. They handled Orsic very well.
You are comparing a second string Morocco defense with the battle hardened Argentinians. Apples and oranges.

The comparisons you mention are in your head


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28221
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Na so Croatia go take style win dis game


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20772
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by felarey »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:50 pm Na so Croatia go take style win dis game
In truth, they deserve to.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by smallpikin »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:48 pm
smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
I’m thinking where was this Orsic in dat game, useless traitor. Apparently they know about doing something in final third. Their central defence killed them.
Like I said, completely flabbergasted by their performance. Give credit to the Argie right side of De Paul and Molina though. They handled Orsic very well.
You are comparing a second string Morocco defense with the battle hardened Argentinians. Apples and oranges.

The comparisons you mention are in your head
Where else would they be? Your imaginings about Croatia not showing up against Argentina are in your head. What’s the point stating such a no-brainer?
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20772
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by felarey »

Neysiri couldn’t do a repeat. Ah well….
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
User avatar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16775
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Cito »

Good run Morocco irrespective of this result.

This is a new benchmark for African teams heading into the World Cup
Last edited by Cito on Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20772
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by felarey »

See these Moroccans going after the ref, he gave them a lifeline. Good on Bono taking off the heat.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28221
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:54 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:48 pm
smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 pm Applause for the Grand Old Hadjuk, one can only marvel at their masterful art of making every battle a fight for midfield. Morocco needn’t play into the Piper’s hand. Keep it wide like the waist defining genes of the maximally glutealed Munyankole. Middle Earth is Croatia’s, always has been, always will be.
Still shocked by how meekly they surrendered to Argentina.
I’m thinking where was this Orsic in dat game, useless traitor. Apparently they know about doing something in final third. Their central defence killed them.
Like I said, completely flabbergasted by their performance. Give credit to the Argie right side of De Paul and Molina though. They handled Orsic very well.
You are comparing a second string Morocco defense with the battle hardened Argentinians. Apples and oranges.

The comparisons you mention are in your head
Where else would they be? Your imaginings about Croatia not showing up against Argentina are in your head. What’s the point stating such a no-brainer?
Where else would they be? Not on the pages of CE :laugh:


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25376
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: [WC 2022 3rd Place Match] CROATIA 2 (Gvardiol, Orsic) MOROCCO 1 (Dari) FT Croatia win 3rd place!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Congrats to both teams. Morocco made history and croatia reaffirmed their status as an elite team in world football. Winning WC 2nd and 3rd place back to back no be beans.
OCCUPY NFF!!

Post Reply