[WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

panafrican wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:18 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:03 pm DESCHAMPS, AVERAGE AND LIMITED, but TXJ aint ready to have that conversation
Deschamps is one of the greatest. Which coach could have done better with six injured players ? (Pogba, Kante, Benzema, Maignan, Hernandez, Nkunku).

He was courageous to change everything (Giroud and Dembele) and to send players who had hardy played an international game before (Kolo Muani, Thuram, Fofana have not played more than 10 games for France).

Zidane will have to wait before taking over from Deschamps
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:30 pm Una still Dey hia ? DD who tell you say I like Griezman me that wanted nkunku fit to bench him ? Or wanted camavinga in that role - griezman na serial choker . Watching him play makes me recommend am for spurs 😂
BigPokey, TXJ, and TXJ's English boyfriend -- Coach -- were twerking in unison, pressing each others yansh in the first round.. talmbout - "Deschamps has changed Girezmannn's role!" "Look at his hair" "Griezzzzmaannnnn" "He is flapping accross the pitch.. look at him" :rotf: :rotf: You read their comments in the first round and you'll think they were talking about a 10 times Balon 'Dor and not a seriel loser who collapses under any type of pressure. :oops:

Thats EPL-gang for you :taunt: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17396
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:07 pm I saw tape of Sweden vs Brazil in 1958. Those Swedish players were clumsy, rigid, classic white boys can't dance :) having 0 creativity and art. Day and night compared to Brazil, let alone a talent like Pele!

Pele was left alone with time and space often enough.
So if the opponents were so crap how come nobody else was doing what Pelé was doing?

I always hear folks about the quality of defenders in those days - well, how come there weren't 100 Pelé's tearing up the game?
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2023
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17396
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:00 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:32 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:29 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:16 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm I’m exhausted. This was the best WC final I have ever watched live.

2 great teams gave us a show.

Messi for me made the difference.

I posted on the GOAT thread why he now might be the greatest ever.
The greatest who won one world cup abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Don't mind mate. :biggrin:

Like I said my friend, this is the era of TV...not the radio broadcasts and newspapers you grew up with!

:taunt:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
My friend, use the search engines. I have repeatedly said we had TV in my house in 1960 :thumbs: My father worked in television when he returned from Obodo Oyibo. :thumbs: But that is not where I saw my first Pele games. I saw them on film when I was a child. The British Council used to go from school to school to show football films in my home town. That's where we saw Pele, Garrincha, and Eusebio, very popular nicknames among schoolboys back in that day.

But we are now in the intanet video age. Surely you saw my SoccerGOAT blog when it was active. I did copious amounts of research for that blog in video archives. I have a collection of Pele videos, club and country--most extended highlights, some full games--on my hard drive. I can send you some should you so desire. :biggrin: :thumbs: It is not newspaper and radio broadcasts. I have done my homework research-wise from all angles video and documents. Have you? :biggrin:
For me, it's telling that the few journalists still alive who saw Pelé play, rank him ahead of Maradona...
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2023
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1051
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by smallpikin »

green4life wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:46 pm Messi has been ordained as a Qatari prince.
Lionel Bin Sultan Al Qatari Messi :shock:
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:00 am
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:07 pm I saw tape of Sweden vs Brazil in 1958. Those Swedish players were clumsy, rigid, classic white boys can't dance :) having 0 creativity and art. Day and night compared to Brazil, let alone a talent like Pele!

Pele was left alone with time and space often enough.
So if the opponents were so crap how come nobody else was doing what Pelé was doing?

I always hear folks about the quality of defenders in those days - well, how come there weren't 100 Pelé's tearing up the game?
Please dont waste your time.

Maradona faced Gentile and almost died in Gentile's hands, Messi and Cristiano are facing Harry Maguire. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15672
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Texas
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by bamenda boy »

Griezman was the engine of this French team. To dismiss his role because he didn’t show up in the finals is shallow in my opinion. Dembele who I am yet to see what the noise is about came up short. So did Giroud. It wasn’t until the 70+ minute that France actually had a shot on goal. May be give Argentine a credit for doing their home work.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:51 am Griezman was the engine of this French team. To dismiss his role because he didn’t show up in the finals is shallow in my opinion. Dembele who I am yet to see what the noise is about came up short. So did Giroud. It wasn’t until the 70+ minute that France actually had a shot on goal. May be give Argentine a credit for doing their home work.
One thing that has always bothered me is the inability of people to concentrate on issues, and go out of their way to conflate. its a very poor analytical and reasoning defect.

Griezmann is a fantastically talented football and a top top player.

The SOLE issue (and I have to color-code everytime I say sole because of the poor reasoning ablity on this forum) is whether or not Griezmann collapses under pressure and is unable to perform when the stakes are high.

This has NOTHING (again color-coding) to do with his performance in the finals. I have watched Griezmann for 10 years, I know him very well, and when people were twerking for him all through the tournament, I warned them that when the time comes, he will collapse, and he did! Not because it was the 2022 Finals. He collapsed because THAT IS WHO HE IS.

I know many of you think that I have some magical powers or that I see the future. This is far from the truth. The fact is that I just know a lot more than most of you because I do not bury my head in the sands. I educate myself. All of my predictions are not due to magical abilities, as you may think -- Its simply social scientific. Human beings are the most predicatable animals in the history of the world. They are boring and their actions are repetitive. Once you know this, you can easily tell what a person will do or how they will react to a given situation 99% of the time.

Unrelatedly, did you do analytical and reasoning sections in your senior secondary exam preparation? I doubt it. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 17184
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by mate »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:00 am
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:07 pm I saw tape of Sweden vs Brazil in 1958. Those Swedish players were clumsy, rigid, classic white boys can't dance :) having 0 creativity and art. Day and night compared to Brazil, let alone a talent like Pele!

Pele was left alone with time and space often enough.
So if the opponents were so crap how come nobody else was doing what Pelé was doing?

I always hear folks about the quality of defenders in those days - well, how come there weren't 100 Pelé's tearing up the game?
There are was but 1 GOAT in any time for Pele, Maradona, and Messi. They had no real rivals. Pele had Eusebio. Maradona had nobody. Messi had CR.

Again, the opportunity to be dominating was greater for Pele. Exactly because the gap between him and the average he faced was so great. That factors for me.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15672
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Texas
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by bamenda boy »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:27 am
bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:51 am Griezman was the engine of this French team. To dismiss his role because he didn’t show up in the finals is shallow in my opinion. Dembele who I am yet to see what the noise is about came up short. So did Giroud. It wasn’t until the 70+ minute that France actually had a shot on goal. May be give Argentine a credit for doing their home work.
One thing that has always bothered me is the inability of people to concentrate on issues, and go out of their way to conflate. its a very poor analytical and reasoning defect.

Griezmann is a fantastically talented football and a top top player.

The SOLE issue (and I have to color-code everytime I say sole because of the poor reasoning ablity on this forum) is whether or not Griezmann collapses under pressure and is unable to perform when the stakes are high.

This has NOTHING (again color-coding) to do with his performance in the finals. I have watched Griezmann for 10 years, I know him very well, and when people were twerking for him all through the tournament, I warned them that when the time comes, he will collapse, and he did! Not because it was the 2022 Finals. He collapsed because THAT IS WHO HE IS.

I know many of you think that I have some magical powers or that I see the future. This is far from the truth. The fact is that I just know a lot more than most of you because I do not bury my head in the sands. I educate myself. All of my predictions are not due to magical abilities, as you may think -- Its simply social scientific. Human beings are the most predicatable animals in the history of the world. They are boring and their actions are repetitive. Once you know this, you can easily tell what a person will do or how they will react to a given situation 99% of the time.

Unrelatedly, did you do analytical and reasoning sections in your senior secondary exam preparation? I doubt it. :oops:
His accolades say otherwise and there is nothing you can do about it. You can jump from post to post insulting him all you want. It would not change the fact that Griezman was one of France's best players at this world cup. He was the engine that carried the team.
Guys work rate was unbelievable. Anyone who refuses too see it is just daft, dumb or plain stupid.
Again, no amounts of insults will change the FACTS.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:43 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:27 am
bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:51 am Griezman was the engine of this French team. To dismiss his role because he didn’t show up in the finals is shallow in my opinion. Dembele who I am yet to see what the noise is about came up short. So did Giroud. It wasn’t until the 70+ minute that France actually had a shot on goal. May be give Argentine a credit for doing their home work.
One thing that has always bothered me is the inability of people to concentrate on issues, and go out of their way to conflate. its a very poor analytical and reasoning defect.

Griezmann is a fantastically talented football and a top top player.

The SOLE issue (and I have to color-code everytime I say sole because of the poor reasoning ablity on this forum) is whether or not Griezmann collapses under pressure and is unable to perform when the stakes are high.

This has NOTHING (again color-coding) to do with his performance in the finals. I have watched Griezmann for 10 years, I know him very well, and when people were twerking for him all through the tournament, I warned them that when the time comes, he will collapse, and he did! Not because it was the 2022 Finals. He collapsed because THAT IS WHO HE IS.

I know many of you think that I have some magical powers or that I see the future. This is far from the truth. The fact is that I just know a lot more than most of you because I do not bury my head in the sands. I educate myself. All of my predictions are not due to magical abilities, as you may think -- Its simply social scientific. Human beings are the most predicatable animals in the history of the world. They are boring and their actions are repetitive. Once you know this, you can easily tell what a person will do or how they will react to a given situation 99% of the time.

Unrelatedly, did you do analytical and reasoning sections in your senior secondary exam preparation? I doubt it. :oops:
His accolades say otherwise and there is nothing you can do about it. You can jump from post to post insulting him all you want. It would not change the fact that Griezman was one of France's best players at this world cup. He was the engine that carried the team.
Guys work rate was unbelievable. Anyone who refuses too see it is just daft, dumb or plain stupid.
Again, no amounts of insults will change the FACTS.
Once again, you are struggling, very badly, with analytical and reasoning. You seem incapable of FOCUSING (i am color-coding agian).

As a child, were you tested for dyslexia? or other S-RCD. I think what you may have is more of a learning disability than mental illness. What do you think?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15672
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Texas
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by bamenda boy »

Smfh someone thinks himself a genius. Goes around insulting people and wants to force his opinion on others. I now understand why everyone else was ignoring you. I made the mistake of engaging you on this matter. How do some people really sleep at night? So bitter about someone who doesn’t even know you exist but you are busy posting your opinions as facts?
Griezmans trophies are there in the open.
No amount of insults and long paragraphs will change that.
You can go ahead and write ten plus paragraphs insulting anyone who dares to disagree with you.
Facts are facts and no amount of bitterness will change that.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20773
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Randal Kolo Muani may have nightmares about this for the rest of his life. 123rd minute in extra time of the World Cup final, with only a few seconds left…
Martinez made the exact same save against Australia. Also at the end of the game.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 36194
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:35 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Randal Kolo Muani may have nightmares about this for the rest of his life. 123rd minute in extra time of the World Cup final, with only a few seconds left…
Martinez made the exact same save against Australia. Also at the end of the game.


Felarey,

In the Madrid papers today the story is that Benzema was fit but that Deschamps wanted no part of it...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 36194
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by txj »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:00 am Smfh someone thinks himself a genius. Goes around insulting people and wants to force his opinion on others. I now understand why everyone else was ignoring you. I made the mistake of engaging you on this matter. How do some people really sleep at night? So bitter about someone who doesn’t even know you exist but you are busy posting your opinions as facts?
Griezmans trophies are there in the open.
No amount of insults and long paragraphs will change that.
You can go ahead and write ten plus paragraphs insulting anyone who dares to disagree with you.
Facts are facts and no amount of bitterness will change that.


He somehow manages to contort himself to suit a favored narrative.

Greizman collapses under pressure, yet somehow won the WC in 2018. Even scoring a PK in the final; winning the FK and taking the setpiece that led to first goal; assist for Pogba's goal..

Won La Liga twice with Atleti, yet collapses in the big games...

All cus he missed a CL final PK...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20773
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by felarey »

txj wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:10 pm
felarey wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:35 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Randal Kolo Muani may have nightmares about this for the rest of his life. 123rd minute in extra time of the World Cup final, with only a few seconds left…
Martinez made the exact same save against Australia. Also at the end of the game.


Felarey,

In the Madrid papers today the story is that Benzema was fit but that Deschamps wanted no part of it...
Wow! The only way to make sense of this is if the virus came from partying especially with ashis. As we know, Benzema is a ringleader in that dept. A fit Benzema should have been atleast on d bench.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15672
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Texas
Contact:
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by bamenda boy »

txj wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:14 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:00 am Smfh someone thinks himself a genius. Goes around insulting people and wants to force his opinion on others. I now understand why everyone else was ignoring you. I made the mistake of engaging you on this matter. How do some people really sleep at night? So bitter about someone who doesn’t even know you exist but you are busy posting your opinions as facts?
Griezmans trophies are there in the open.
No amount of insults and long paragraphs will change that.
You can go ahead and write ten plus paragraphs insulting anyone who dares to disagree with you.
Facts are facts and no amount of bitterness will change that.


He somehow manages to contort himself to suit a favored narrative.

Greizman collapses under pressure, yet somehow won the WC in 2018. Even scoring a PK in the final; winning the FK and taking the setpiece that led to first goal; assist for Pogba's goal..

Won La Liga twice with Atleti, yet collapses in the big games...

All cus he missed a CL final PK...
My only mistake was responding to the numbskull. I really regret doing that. Glad I didn't read the rest of his trash.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
User avatar
joplass
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7783
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by joplass »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:07 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:48 pm
txj wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:34 pmThere's only one Arantes.

When you can manipulate the game at the speed of thought and limbs as he did as a 17y/o, nobody comes close.
And his games were not played in the dark...

Thank you! It is tiring having to explain this to those who really should know better.

They keep saying the game has changed. Of course, the game has changed. Duh!!! But we compare each player according to the time he/she played in and how he/she dominated the game in the time they were in. And the accolades and trophies they collected while they played. And how they changed the game and brought new things to the game.

The claim that Pele was playing against slower and unfit players is the latest ridiculousness I am reading in this forum. As if Pele came from the future into his era and he somehow had the advantage of using better fitness methods and athleticism that the players in era did not have access to. It would be laughable if it were not such a frustratingly poor argument. But I blame Pele. He did play like he came from the future. As you said, he "manipulated the game at the speed of thought" and found spaces where no one else had ever found it before. He did it first and he did far above any other.
Pele was also facing racism even within the Brazilian squad when he was first selected.
But it is not an insignificant point: Pele indeed had way more time and space against inferior players because football was not as evolved and refined...a gap that would not have been as large if you only applied some basic, independent of advanced sports science, basics on fitness, eating right, and tactics.

I saw tape of Sweden vs Brazil in 1958. Those Swedish players were clumsy, rigid, classic white boys can't dance :) having 0 creativity and art. Day and night compared to Brazil, let alone a talent like Pele!

Pele was left alone with time and space often enough.



As others say, context matters. Pele remains the GOAT for me, but I am factoring Messi in a new light given this WC to complement what he's done in the most competitive era ever.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
User avatar
joplass
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7783
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by joplass »

mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:07 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:48 pm
txj wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:34 pmThere's only one Arantes.

When you can manipulate the game at the speed of thought and limbs as he did as a 17y/o, nobody comes close.
And his games were not played in the dark...

Thank you! It is tiring having to explain this to those who really should know better.

They keep saying the game has changed. Of course, the game has changed. Duh!!! But we compare each player according to the time he/she played in and how he/she dominated the game in the time they were in. And the accolades and trophies they collected while they played. And how they changed the game and brought new things to the game.

The claim that Pele was playing against slower and unfit players is the latest ridiculousness I am reading in this forum. As if Pele came from the future into his era and he somehow had the advantage of using better fitness methods and athleticism that the players in era did not have access to. It would be laughable if it were not such a frustratingly poor argument. But I blame Pele. He did play like he came from the future. As you said, he "manipulated the game at the speed of thought" and found spaces where no one else had ever found it before. He did it first and he did far above any other.

But it is not an insignificant point: Pele indeed had way more time and space against inferior players because football was not as evolved and refined...a gap that would not have been as large if you only applied some basic, independent of advanced sports science, basics on fitness, eating right, and tactics.

I saw tape of Sweden vs Brazil in 1958. Those Swedish players were clumsy, rigid, classic white boys can't dance :) having 0 creativity and art. Day and night compared to Brazil, let alone a talent like Pele!

Pele was left alone with time and space often enough.



As others say, context matters. Pele remains the GOAT for me, but I am factoring Messi in a new light given this WC to complement what he's done in the most competitive era ever.
Pele was also facing racism even within the Brazilian squad when he was first selected.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:00 am Smfh someone thinks himself a genius. Goes around insulting people and wants to force his opinion on others. I now understand why everyone else was ignoring you. I made the mistake of engaging you on this matter. How do some people really sleep at night? So bitter about someone who doesn’t even know you exist but you are busy posting your opinions as facts?
Griezmans trophies are there in the open.
No amount of insults and long paragraphs will change that.
You can go ahead and write ten plus paragraphs insulting anyone who dares to disagree with you.
Facts are facts and no amount of bitterness will change that.
You really have to learn to FOCUS (I am helping you again). It will help you in every area of your life. I genuinley encourage you to do some tests. Like I said, your issue is more of a learning disability than mental illness. Take it easy and seek help.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21872
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by danfo driver »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:58 pm
txj wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:14 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:00 am Smfh someone thinks himself a genius. Goes around insulting people and wants to force his opinion on others. I now understand why everyone else was ignoring you. I made the mistake of engaging you on this matter. How do some people really sleep at night? So bitter about someone who doesn’t even know you exist but you are busy posting your opinions as facts?
Griezmans trophies are there in the open.
No amount of insults and long paragraphs will change that.
You can go ahead and write ten plus paragraphs insulting anyone who dares to disagree with you.
Facts are facts and no amount of bitterness will change that.


He somehow manages to contort himself to suit a favored narrative.

Greizman collapses under pressure, yet somehow won the WC in 2018. Even scoring a PK in the final; winning the FK and taking the setpiece that led to first goal; assist for Pogba's goal..

Won La Liga twice with Atleti, yet collapses in the big games...

All cus he missed a CL final PK...
My only mistake was responding to the numbskull. I really regret doing that. Glad I didn't read the rest of his trash.
My brother, your greatest regret should be that you have gone your entire life sounding mentally ill, when you could easily have taken the test to show that you are dyslexic. You might be in your late 50s now, but you can still change your situation. It cant be over for you. I refuse to believe it! You cant end mentally ill.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?

Post Reply