Mbappe Is a hell of a Clutch Player

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mbappe Is a hell of a Clutch Player

Post by ohsee »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:30 am I normally don't rate French players but yea Mbappe is that dude. Dembele otoh? If he were Nigerian he would be playing for Kano Pillers. Dude is garbage.
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Poor Dumbele. Everybody is yabbing him. :biggrin: :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:52 am
joplass wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:52 pm To me, he is the best player in world football..Miles ahead of Cron and Messi
I agree 100%. Mbappe is above CR7 and Messi. After what he did in 2018 and his years at PSG, specially last season after Messi and Neymar disappeared, Mbappe got me in his corner.
Have you just started watching Mbappe?
Some of us have been watching his games since his days in AS Bondy.

Why was he quiet for 80 minutes in the final?
Even the goal he scored in open play should have been saved.

Messi had a better game for Argentina than Mbappe.
Mbappe has stunted his development because of a big head.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Sure you have been watching Mbappe since he was an embryo. :rotf: Please go and sit down for dorty in Kampala. :biggrin: Nobody here takes you seriously when it comes to footy. :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:07 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:52 pm To me, he is the best player in world football..Miles ahead of Cron and Messi
I agree 100%. Mbappe is above CR7 and Messi. After what he did in 2018 and his years at PSG, specially last season after Messi and Neymar disappeared, Mbappe got me in his corner.

Strikers are often quiet. At the end of the day he scored 3 goals!!
He now has the most goals EVER in world cup finals.
airwolex, don't pay him any mind, he is just trying to stir up something. As the WC goes on, the best players get tightly marked. As danfo driver said, the greats pick their moments, and boom. Why waste your time running into a wall if your opponents have devised a plan where there are always 3 people available to stop you? Lull them into a false sense of security, let them fall asleep, then you strike.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:23 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:42 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:23 pm Scored a hat trick in a WC final, plus buried 3 pks, which is very hard to do....goat status loading :clap: :clap: :clap:
He was useless for 80 minutes until Argentina got tired. :roll: :roll:
:biggrin:
Naijas forgive him for he knows not what he says. He is Ugandan. They know nothing about football. :biggrin: Kabaloser, when you have more than one person marking you, people who have devised a plan to keep you quiet, the smart thing to do is to wait until they get tired. The greats know and do this, from Pele to Maradona to even Romario. The greats cannot be kept quiet all game. All they need is one magic moment. Or two. :thumbs: Don't forget, until this WC, Messi was unable to score in the knockout rounds of 4 world cups. :biggrin: Useless Ugandan. :biggrin:
Unfortunate as it is, I have to agree with you about our Ugandan friend who often reminds me of Kamala the wrestler :D . He needs to stick to something he knows . Stay away from football, Kabalega! France would have won this thing had Des Champs included Benzema who was not injured. The Bantu Mbappe is the GOAT!
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:23 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:42 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:23 pm Scored a hat trick in a WC final, plus buried 3 pks, which is very hard to do....goat status loading :clap: :clap: :clap:
He was useless for 80 minutes until Argentina got tired. :roll: :roll:
:biggrin:
Naijas forgive him for he knows not what he says. He is Ugandan. They know nothing about football. :biggrin: Kabaloser, when you have more than one person marking you, people who have devised a plan to keep you quiet, the smart thing to do is to wait until they get tired. The greats know and do this, from Pele to Maradona to even Romario. The greats cannot be kept quiet all game. All they need is one magic moment. Or two. :thumbs: Don't forget, until this WC, Messi was unable to score in the knockout rounds of 4 world cups. :biggrin: Useless Ugandan. :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: Get out of here! :arrow: :arrow:
I have seen all the great’s WC games ever recorded (except 1998). Even the black and white footage of the greats since 1954.
So I can state with certainty, that you don’t know what you are posting about.

Pele and Maradona would have had defenders soil their pants in the 1st half alone.

As for Romario, it was his style of play and good defenders put “GPS trackers” on him.

You guys need to be honest with yourselves.
When Messi scores penalties, you scream conspiracy theories.
When Mbappe scores 2 in a game, you scream great player!
When France brings on 2 subs and gets a penalty that Mbappe scores, then he’s a clutch player.
The lad is good but try to be objective.

Deris a God because, one can only imagine what you would say if France had won.
Last edited by Kabalega on Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Are we talking about the same Mbappe that went missing against England, Morocco and for 80 mins of the final? The key guy in the final was Kolo Muani.

Mbappe is good, but is easily shut out by a guy who is fast. Let's assess him when he is 30 and no longer a speedster.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:14 pm Are we talking about the same Mbappe that went missing against England, Morocco and for 80 mins of the final? The key guy in the final was Kolo Muani.

Mbappe is good, but is easily shut out by a guy who is fast. Let's assess him when he is 30 and no longer a speedster.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

You are not the only one who has been watching Mbappe dude please, :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:14 pm Are we talking about the same Mbappe that went missing against England, Morocco and for 80 mins of the final? The key guy in the final was Kolo Muani.

If you are implying that Kyle Walker on his own shut down Mbappe with his speed then you are lying like the English. :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

KPOM!

Don’t mind these guys.
If Morocco had a good finisher, France and Mbappe would be watching the final on TV.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The beauty about football and why it unites us that we can all watch exactly the same match at the same time and still see things very differently :thumbs:

Which makes it even more exciting
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

benteke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:10 pm The beauty about football and why it unites us that we can all watch exactly the same match at the same time and still see things very differently :thumbs:

Which makes it even more exciting
I can't wait for Kenya to qualify in 2026 Finals in the US. I know we will be eliminated in the 2nd round by Brazil.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:37 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:07 pm

Strikers are often quiet. At the end of the day he scored 3 goals!!
He now has the most goals EVER in world cup finals.
airwolex, don't pay him any mind, he is just trying to stir up something. As the WC goes on, the best players get tightly marked. As danfo driver said, the greats pick their moments, and boom. Why waste your time running into a wall if your opponents have devised a plan where there are always 3 people available to stop you? Lull them into a false sense of security, let them fall asleep, then you strike.
The greatest find a way. Pele, Maradona, and even Messi at his best, would have ripped through that defense.
Mbappe had to wait for the French coach to make two subs in order for him to score from a penalty he didn’t create. :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:39 pm

I didn’t say I was the only one. The honest majority that did, agree with me though. :taunt:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

If he'd scored this at the very end I might have crowned him GOAT on the spot.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:17 am
benteke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:39 pm

I didn’t say I was the only one. The honest majority that did, agree with me though. :taunt:
Which 'majority' is that though
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:52 am
Some here will turn round and say he was kept quiet, just because that move was killed.
And the boy comes up with many of those moves.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This is one of the things that makes him special. Most speed merchants just do not have that type of close control in traffic.

Difference between the likes of Rashford, who is just a vertical runner, and Mbappe.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

benteke wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:59 am
Some here will turn round and say he was kept quiet, just because that move was killed.
And the boy comes up with many of those moves.
Even in the game against England and Morocco, he had his fingerprints all over 3 of the 4 goals. Guys should go and watch again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:46 pm

KPOM!

Don’t mind these guys.
If Morocco had a good finisher, France and Mbappe would be watching the final on TV.
Lol, see this Messi fan. Your guy took 5 WCs to score in the knockout stages, and you are here talking about someone that scored a hat-trick, being quiet for 80 minutes. Dude, Messi was quiet for whole WCs. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Go and watch the second French goal against Morocco, dude took out 3 players like it was nothing.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:35 am
This is one of the things that makes him special. Most speed merchants just do not have that type of close control in traffic.

Difference between the likes of Rashford, who is just a vertical runner, and Mbappe.
I cannot believe some of the stuff i an reading here, people talking about Mbappe as if he is some average player with speed only :ohmy:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

All the greats can be kept quiet in games. Leo Messi has had several bad WC games, where he had little effect including his last WC finals appearance. He just scored his first knockout goal in his 5th WC and didn't he have back to back poor Copa finals at some point?

I don't think Mbappe can be shut out by one guy. He was double and triple-teamed throughout the WC. Kyle Walker did do a good job against him, that I will admit.

I think he will be fine at 30 because he has added way more to his game than speed. He has incredible dribbling ability in tight spaces, he knows how to move without the ball, he is an above-average passer of the ball, and most importantly, his finishing is approaching real elite levels. Some of his strikes at goal were on another level.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:15 am

All the greats can be kept quiet in games. Leo Messi has had several bad WC games, where he had little effect including his last WC finals appearance. He just scored his first knockout goal in his 5th WC and didn't he have back to back poor Copa finals at some point?

I don't think Mbappe can be shut out by one guy. He was double and triple-teamed throughout the WC. Kyle Walker did do a good job against him, that I will admit.

I think he will be fine at 30 because he has added way more to his game than speed. He has incredible dribbling ability in tight spaces, he knows how to move without the ball, he is an above-average passer of the ball, and most importantly, his finishing is approaching real elite levels. Some of his strikes at goal were on another level.
Mbappe was already a complete forward before Russia 2018. But ever since France won a WC, his nose grew and his head got bigger. The once young humble promising lad became unmanageable at his club.
There were complaints before in the NT “Les Blues”, but which team doesn’t have issues or so we thought. The petulance got out of hand when he started beefing with Neymar and Messi to the point that the club honchos had to step-in.

His game suffered. The only open play goal he scored against Argentina was not even his best. Martinez should have saved it. He can bang them in better. If anything, his game has regressed.

Honestly, it looks like, the best thing that happened to Mbappe, his club and France, was losing the final. I blame Argentina for not finishing France off in regular time. Come to think of it, it was a wicked… :!: You give them hope, then snuff it out at the last minute. That was cruel! :twisted: :lol:

Hopefully, Mbappe will be more humble and get back to developing his game.