Mbappe Is a hell of a Clutch Player

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mbappe Is a hell of a Clutch Player

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:36 pm
ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:23 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:42 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:23 pm Scored a hat trick in a WC final, plus buried 3 pks, which is very hard to do....goat status loading :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:52 pm To me, he is the best player in world football..Miles ahead of Cron and Messi
He was useless for 80 minutes until Argentina got tired. :roll: :roll:
:biggrin:
Naijas forgive him for he knows not what he says. He is Ugandan. They know nothing about football. :biggrin: Kabaloser, when you have more than one person marking you, people who have devised a plan to keep you quiet, the smart thing to do is to wait until they get tired. The greats know and do this, from Pele to Maradona to even Romario. The greats cannot be kept quiet all game. All they need is one magic moment. Or two. :thumbs: Don't forget, until this WC, Messi was unable to score in the knockout rounds of 4 world cups. :biggrin: Useless Ugandan. :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: Get out of here! :arrow: :arrow:
I have seen all the great’s WC games ever recorded (except 1998). Even the black and white footage of the greats since 1954.
So I can state with certainty, that you don’t know what you are posting about.

Pele and Maradona would have had defenders soil their pants in the 1st half alone.

As for Romario, it was his style of play and good defenders put “GPS trackers” on him.

You guys need to be honest with yourselves.
When Messi scores penalties, you scream conspiracy theories.
When Mbappe scores 2 in a game, you scream great player!
When France brings on 2 subs and gets a penalty that Mbappe scores, then he’s a clutch player.
The lad is good but try to be objective.

Deris a God because, one can only imagine what you would say if France had won.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
As I said, forgive him, for he knows not what he says. He is a Ugandan. :biggrin: Look at his market meat seller babble above. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:15 am
ohsee wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:37 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:07 pm
Kabalega wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:52 am
joplass wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:52 pm To me, he is the best player in world football..Miles ahead of Cron and Messi
I agree 100%. Mbappe is above CR7 and Messi. After what he did in 2018 and his years at PSG, specially last season after Messi and Neymar disappeared, Mbappe got me in his corner.
Have you just started watching Mbappe?
Some of us have been watching his games since his days in AS Bondy.

Why was he quiet for 80 minutes in the final?
Even the goal he scored in open play should have been saved.

Messi had a better game for Argentina than Mbappe.
Mbappe has stunted his development because of a big head.
Strikers are often quiet. At the end of the day he scored 3 goals!!
He now has the most goals EVER in world cup finals.
airwolex, don't pay him any mind, he is just trying to stir up something. As the WC goes on, the best players get tightly marked. As danfo driver said, the greats pick their moments, and boom. Why waste your time running into a wall if your opponents have devised a plan where there are always 3 people available to stop you? Lull them into a false sense of security, let them fall asleep, then you strike.
The greatest find a way. Pele, Maradona, and even Messi at his best, would have ripped through that defense.
Mbappe had to wait for the French coach to make two subs in order for him to score from a penalty he didn’t create. :taunt:
Mumugandan, I am not comparing Mbappe to Pele or Maradona. :lol: But you are mumugandan. You don't know how to create good strawmen. :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:30 pm
cic old boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:14 pm Are we talking about the same Mbappe that went missing against England, Morocco and for 80 mins of the final? The key guy in the final was Kolo Muani.

Mbappe is good, but is easily shut out by a guy who is fast. Let's assess him when he is 30 and no longer a speedster.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:41 pm
cic old boy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:14 pm Are we talking about the same Mbappe that went missing against England, Morocco and for 80 mins of the final? The key guy in the final was Kolo Muani.

Mbappe is good, but is easily shut out by a guy who is fast. Let's assess him when he is 30 and no longer a speedster.
If you are implying that Kyle Walker on his own shut down Mbappe with his speed then you are lying like the English. :taunt:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:52 am
Kabalega wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:46 pm

KPOM!

Don’t mind these guys.
If Morocco had a good finisher, France and Mbappe would be watching the final on TV.
Lol, see this Messi fan. Your guy took 5 WCs to score in the knockout stages, and you are here talking about someone that scored a hat-trick, being quiet for 80 minutes. Dude, Messi was quiet for whole WCs. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Go and watch the second French goal against Morocco, dude took out 3 players like it was nothing.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:46 am
airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:15 am

All the greats can be kept quiet in games. Leo Messi has had several bad WC games, where he had little effect including his last WC finals appearance. He just scored his first knockout goal in his 5th WC and didn't he have back to back poor Copa finals at some point?

I don't think Mbappe can be shut out by one guy. He was double and triple-teamed throughout the WC. Kyle Walker did do a good job against him, that I will admit.

I think he will be fine at 30 because he has added way more to his game than speed. He has incredible dribbling ability in tight spaces, he knows how to move without the ball, he is an above-average passer of the ball, and most importantly, his finishing is approaching real elite levels. Some of his strikes at goal were on another level.
Mbappe was already a complete forward before Russia 2018. But ever since France won a WC, his nose grew and his head got bigger. The once young humble promising lad became unmanageable at his club.
There were complaints before in the NT “Les Blues”, but which team doesn’t have issues or so we thought. The petulance got out of hand when he started beefing with Neymar and Messi to the point that the club honchos had to step-in.

His game suffered. The only open play goal he scored against Argentina was not even his best. Martinez should have saved it. He can bang them in better. If anything, his game has regressed.

Honestly, it looks like, the best thing that happened to Mbappe, his club and France, was losing the final. I blame Argentina for not finishing France off in regular time. Come to think of it, it was a wicked… :!: You give them hope, then snuff it out at the last minute. That was cruel! :twisted: :lol:

Hopefully, Mbappe will be more humble and get back to developing his game.
Folks ignore him, he is just trying to be controvesha. :biggrin:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:17 am

All the greats can be kept quiet in games. Leo Messi has had several bad WC games, where he had little effect including his last WC finals appearance. He just scored his first knockout goal in his 5th WC and didn't he have back to back poor Copa finals at some point?

I don't think Mbappe can be shut out by one guy. He was double and triple-teamed throughout the WC. Kyle Walker did do a good job against him, that I will admit.

I think he will be fine at 30 because he has added way more to his game than speed. He has incredible dribbling ability in tight spaces, he knows how to move without the ball, he is an above-average passer of the ball, and most importantly, his finishing is approaching real elite levels. Some of his strikes at goal were on another level.
Mbappe was already a complete forward before Russia 2018. But ever since France won a WC, his nose grew and his head got bigger. The once young humble promising lad became unmanageable at his club.
There were complaints before in the NT “Les Blues”, but which team doesn’t have issues or so we thought. The petulance got out of hand when he started beefing with Neymar and Messi to the point that the club honchos had to step-in.

His game suffered. The only open play goal he scored against Argentina was not even his best. Martinez should have saved it. He can bang them in better. If anything, his game has regressed.

Honestly, it looks like, the best thing that happened to Mbappe, his club and France, was losing the final. I blame Argentina for not finishing France off in regular time. Come to think of it, it was a wicked… :!: You give them hope, then snuff it out at the last minute. That was cruel! :twisted: :lol:

Folks ignore him, he is just trying to be controvesha. :biggrin:
Someone was is controversial but it’s not, moi.

Look up who controversially said that “…. European nations always win.” in a put-down of S. Americans. :lol: :lol:
Life is a biatch! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Your post assumes Messi only played well when he scored. It doesn't work that way. His game is a lot more than scoring. He was player of the tournament in 2014. At the last Copa he became the first player in tournament history to be top on scoring, assists, player of the tournament and winner.

I doubt if we would be having this conversation if Otamendi had hoofed the ball away b/4 tussling with Muani and giving away a penalty.
http://www.naijiant.com/
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Best post on this matter.

Mbappe has immense talent. But so far he has proved he is a great forward and can win games if they team plays optimally...but he has not proven himself as a leader who can orchestrate and will a victory in the big moments.

You said it about his club experiences. And that this will be determined in time. Mbappe has the potential, but we will see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol one of the most ballsy performances I have seen at a WC. I honestly thought the last pk was a step too far, but he buried it. All pks in the same corner too.

Kalebega keeps saying ish about his one in game goal as if it wasn't a million times better than Messi's tap in. If you don't appreciate that goal, you don't like football period.

We get it, he disrespected your idol in PSG, but you need to grudgingly respect greatness.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:04 pm Lol one of the most ballsy performances I have seen at a WC. I honestly thought the last pk was a step too far, but he buried it. All pks in the same corner too.

Kalebega keeps saying ish about his one in game goal as if it wasn't a million times better than Messi's tap in. If you don't appreciate that goal, you don't like football period.

Martinez was surprised by the audacity of the strike. Most players would have tried to control it.

We get it, he disrespected your idol in PSG, but you need to grudgingly respect greatness.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol one of the most ballsy performances I have seen at a WC. I honestly thought the last pk was a step too far, but he buried it. All pks in the same corner too.

Martinez was surprised by the audacity of the strike. Most players would have tried to control it.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:04 pm Lol one of the most ballsy performances I have seen at a WC. I honestly thought the last pk was a step too far, but he buried it. All pks in the same corner too.

You guys should dial down the hyperbole.
Mbappe scores more spectacular goals than the half volley against Argentina.

Can you imagine ohsee posted, that the Greats would have been as docile as Mbappe in the final. When we have footage of Pele, Maradona, R9 and Messi tearing through defenses like a hot knife through butter?

We get it, Mbappe looks like you. He faced your nemesis and husband Argentina but please be objective.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:23 pm Scored a hat trick in a WC final, plus buried 3 pks, which is very hard to do....goat status loading :clap: :clap: :clap:
Title of the thread should read heck and not hell
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Went missing against Morrocco? Really? Did u watch the part he took out 3 defenders to create an assist for the winning goal? He is easily shut down but ended up higest goal scorer at world cup? See logic.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:56 pm

Can you imagine ohsee posted, that the Greats would have been as docile as Mbappe in the final. When we have footage of Pele, Maradona, R9 and Messi tearing through defenses like a hot knife through butter?

We get it, Mbappe looks like you. He faced your nemesis and husband Argentina but please be objective.

Like I said, Mbappe minimally is a great, game changing forward. But he does have to be properly supported. And doesn't yet play the role of orchestrating leader...which Pele, Maradona, Messi, and other greats clearly did.

He will get his chance now more than ever. But I again bring up: he scored 4 goals in the final. 3 in play, 1 in PKs. He won me finally in cold ruthless, assassin composure.

Next step: can he lead PSG and France to titles. As exactly that, leader and main playmaker.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mate wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:33 pm

Like I said, Mbappe minimally is a great, game changing forward. But he does have to be properly supported. And doesn't yet play the role of orchestrating leader...which Pele, Maradona, Messi, and other greats clearly did.

He will get his chance now more than ever. But I again bring up: he scored 4 goals in the final. 3 in play, 1 in PKs. He won me finally in cold ruthless, assassin composure.

Next step: can he lead PSG and France to titles. As exactly that, leader and main playmaker.
He will have to mature quickly or learn from Neymar or Messi otherwise he will destabilize the team. Remember Anelka?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:25 am
mate wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:33 pm

He will have to mature quickly or learn from Neymar or Messi otherwise he will destabilize the team. Remember Anelka?

I'd be SHOCKED if Mbappe in any way, shape, or form pulls an Anelka. From what I understand, Mbappe is in danger of becoming Neymarized.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/kylian- ... c730d56abe

Emmanuel Petit also felt that Mbappe had been “Neymarised”, namely becoming more interested in entertainment than efficiency, with the irony being that in arguably growing more alike, the duo have drifted further and further apart.

I've heard some variant of these things, but of course don't know if they're true. But I've seen players like Ronaldinho, Eto, and Neymar not reach their full potential due to some character issues and career management mistakes. It'd be a shame if Mbappe goes the same way...because he can become one of the greatest forwards of the game and aspire to be a GOAT.
panafrican
Egg
Egg

Post by panafrican »

Mbappe is currently the top scorer of the world cup, the top scorer of the champions league, the top scorer of french ligue 1.

The first and only player to lead the french ligue 1 in goals (28) and assists (17) the same season (2021-22). Neymar and Messi were playing in the same team...

I like Emmanuel Petit but he is wrong. Mbappe is a creative player. When he went to Monaco as a young player wishing to turn pro, his father told coaches to let him express his creativity. If creativity is being "Neymarised" so be it
The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

panafrican wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:58 am Mbappe is currently the top scorer of the world cup, the top scorer of the champions league, the top scorer of french ligue 1.

The first and only player to lead the french ligue 1 in goals (28) and assists (17) the same season (2021-22). Neymar and Messi were playing in the same team...

I like Emmanuel Petit but he is wrong. Mbappe is a creative player. When he went to Monaco as a young player wishing to turn pro, his father told coaches to let him express his creativity. If creativity is being "Neymarised" so be it
I agree. Emmanuel Petit misunderstood Mbappe’s recent play.
Mbappe used to be lethal and purposeful in his game with excellent decision making (off the ball runs, pass, dribble, shoot, e.t.c… at the right moment) at a very young age.

After winning the WC, he became impatient with teammates who passed to someone else instead of him or dribbled when he made a good run to open up.
He had beef with Giroud for not passing.
Than Neymar for various reasons.

His take seemed to be, if you don’t pass to me when I make the runs to open up, I’m not passing to you. I will dribble.

When Messi joined PSG, Mbappe wanted more of the limelight and didn’t like the fact that Messi was tight with Neymar.
Mbappe is a CR7 fanboy too and grew up with CR7 posters all over his room.

When Mbappe got injured, Messi and Neymar rekindled their chemistry up front. PSG was on fire.
So when Mbappe came back he tried to do too much (dribbling), you know to compensate….

His beef with Neymar came to a heed and PSG higher ups got involved.
Things settled down a bit and the PSG trio combined well to destroy teams.

At the WC, whenever France fell behind and needed something, Mbappe dribbled into the box.
This was not the old 2018 Mbappe.

Anyway, I think he should have gone to RM to get out of his comfort zone.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kalebega lmao you are so threatened by this guy. Let it go, he has a long way to go to challenge your oga at the top.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:20 am Kalebega lmao you are so threatened by this guy. Let it go, he has a long way to go to challenge your oga at the top.
Threatened? Where did you get that from? I am more like sorely dissappointed by Mbappe. He had such promise then something went awry.
Maybe, he spent too much time with Pogba? :lol:

Messi had 3-4 Ballon d’or at the age of 22. Way more than Mbappe. So let’s not compare Mbappe to Messi.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:03 am
airwolex wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:20 am Kalebega lmao you are so threatened by this guy. Let it go, he has a long way to go to challenge your oga at the top.
Threatened? Where did you get that from? I am more like sorely dissappointed by Mbappe. He had such promise then something went awry.
Maybe, he spent too much time with Pogba? :lol:

Messi had 3-4 Ballon d’or at the age of 22. Way more than Mbappe. So let’s not compare Mbappe to Messi.
Messi also didn’t have a World Cup at the same age, abeg allow each player to live their greatness in their individual ways…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!