The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Post Reply
User avatar
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21991
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Gbadolite
The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer ... 4b620a88a8

The robe completely covered the Argentina shirt! Slick Sheikhs! :sneaky:
Behind every great fortune there is a crime.
—Balzac
User avatar
iworo
Egg
Egg
Posts: 2927
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Location: New York
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by iworo »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer ... 4b620a88a8

The robe completely covered the Argentina shirt! Slick Sheikhs! :sneaky:
Do you really think everything is conspiracy theories? Obviously you do?
World Cup final: Lionel Messi lifts trophy in bisht - traditional Arab robe: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64018448
User avatar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20772
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Canada
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by felarey »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer ... 4b620a88a8

The robe completely covered the Argentina shirt! Slick Sheikhs! :sneaky:
I laff, that’s Messi’s boss via ownership of PSG. The only type of person athletes really care about. The one that pays them. He would have won a thong if told to. I understand tho, that’s a moment for the cameras for all time. If that were a SE jersey, heck no!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
User avatar
iworo
Egg
Egg
Posts: 2927
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Location: New York
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by iworo »

When Pele was asked to don a sombrero after the 1970 final in Mexico it was "considered a kind of cultural coexistence".

"How, then, can clothing Messi in a bisht convey a different message now?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64038338
User avatar
azuka
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7399
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by azuka »

What a load of rubbish. ignorance is a disease. That robe is a freaking expensive robe. Bisht it is called. It is a royal robe won only by royalty of noble men. And you can only see on the shoulders of those at important events. It has no religious leaning. It's not a robe one picks up the shelf in stores.

By downing Messi with the robe, is simply a way of bestowing royalty on Messi. A way of Sheikh Tamimi acknowledging Messi as the GOAT. That's all there's to it.

Anything alluded to it is simply IGNORANCE.
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 54219
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by mcal »

azuka wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 pm What a load of rubbish. ignorance is a disease. That robe is a freaking expensive robe. Bisht it is called. It is a royal robe won only by royalty of noble men. And you can only see on the shoulders of those at important events. It has no religious leaning. It's not a robe one picks up the shelf in stores.

By downing Messi with the robe, is simply a way of bestowing royalty on Messi. A way of Sheikh Tamimi acknowledging Messi as the GOAT. That's all there's to it.

Anything alluded to it is simply IGNORANCE.
...they have then diminished the importance.
Watch, all it will take now is a person with money and loud mouth to go pick one from the shelf and be a royal too.
Currently sacred clothing and ceremonial staff are carried around in Nigeria by rif rafs all because they have the money.
User avatar
azuka
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7399
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by azuka »

mcal wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:08 pm
azuka wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 pm What a load of rubbish. ignorance is a disease. That robe is a freaking expensive robe. Bisht it is called. It is a royal robe won only by royalty of noble men. And you can only see on the shoulders of those at important events. It has no religious leaning. It's not a robe one picks up the shelf in stores.

By downing Messi with the robe, is simply a way of bestowing royalty on Messi. A way of Sheikh Tamimi acknowledging Messi as the GOAT. That's all there's to it.

Anything alluded to it is simply IGNORANCE.
...they have then diminished the importance.
Watch, all it will take now is a person with money and loud mouth to go pick one from the shelf and be a royal too.
Currently sacred clothing and ceremonial staff are carried around in Nigeria by rif rafs all because they have the money.
Unfortuantely the Gulf is not Nigeria. It's not something you see on the shelf in any store to buy.
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 54219
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by mcal »

azuka wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:22 am
mcal wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:08 pm
azuka wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 pm What a load of rubbish. ignorance is a disease. That robe is a freaking expensive robe. Bisht it is called. It is a royal robe won only by royalty of noble men. And you can only see on the shoulders of those at important events. It has no religious leaning. It's not a robe one picks up the shelf in stores.

By downing Messi with the robe, is simply a way of bestowing royalty on Messi. A way of Sheikh Tamimi acknowledging Messi as the GOAT. That's all there's to it.

Anything alluded to it is simply IGNORANCE.
...they have then diminished the importance.
Watch, all it will take now is a person with money and loud mouth to go pick one from the shelf and be a royal too.
Currently sacred clothing and ceremonial staff are carried around in Nigeria by rif rafs all because they have the money.
Unfortuantely the Gulf is not Nigeria. It's not something you see on the shelf in any store to buy.
...stay tuned, one of your celebrity Nigeria will buy it to stay up front at home :rotf:
User avatar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by ANC »

So they knew he would win it
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 44940
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:17 pm So they knew he would win it
I assume any MoM or captain from the winning team would be asked wear it…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:20 pm
ANC wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:17 pm So they knew he would win it
I assume any MoM or captain from the winning team would be asked wear it…
If you say so o
folem
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 am
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by folem »

azuka wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 pm What a load of rubbish. ignorance is a disease. That robe is a freaking expensive robe. Bisht it is called. It is a royal robe won only by royalty of noble men. And you can only see on the shoulders of those at important events. It has no religious leaning. It's not a robe one picks up the shelf in stores.

By downing Messi with the robe, is simply a way of bestowing royalty on Messi. A way of Sheikh Tamimi acknowledging Messi as the GOAT. That's all there's to it.

Anything alluded to it is simply IGNORANCE.
World Cup boom for maker of Arab cloak given to Messi
Watching Sunday's World Cup final, Ahmed al-Salem was more emotional than most football fans when Qatar's emir placed a black and gold cloak over the shoulders of Argentina's victorious captain Lionel Messi.

The garment Messi wore as he lifted the football trophy was a $2,200 'bisht', a traditional gown worn by men for weddings, graduations and official events -- and it was made by Salem's family company.

The gesture has sparked international debate on social media over whether it was appropriate.

Salem watched Argentina beat France in a cafe near the family's store in Doha's Souq Waqif market, having earlier handed two of the delicate handmade cloaks to World Cup officials -- one in Messi's diminutive size and one to fit the taller French captain Hugo Lloris.

"We did not know who they were for and I was stunned," he told AFP of the moment when the emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, dressed Messi in the cloak.

Salem recognised his company tag and is now celebrating his own World Cup victory.

The Al-Salem store, a longstanding bisht supplier to Qatari royalty, normally sells eight to 10 garments a day.

On Monday, the day after the final, sales shot up to 150, including three copies of the top-of-the-range bisht made famous by Messi, said Salem.

"At one stage there were dozens waiting outside the store", he said.


"They were nearly all Argentinians," he added as he watched eight supporters of the new world champions sing their "Muchachos" (mates) anthem and take pictures of themselves while wearing a fragile bisht and carrying a copy of the World Cup trophy.

A stream of fans came into the shop as Salem spoke to AFP, and all of them applauded the emir's gesture.

"We were all happy when we saw that, it was a gift from one king to another king," said Mauricio Garcia as he tried on the cloak, but decided the price tag was too high to buy.

Some commentators, predominantly European, criticised Messi's shirt being covered for the trophy presentation.

But the moment was welcomed by Arabic social media users.

Salem and other Arab commentators explained the intention was to "honour" Messi and that the gesture had been misunderstood.

"When a sheikh dresses a person in a bisht, this means honouring and appreciating this person," Salem said.

It was a "very important moment" for Qatar as it seeks a World Cup publicity boost, said Carole Gomez, a professor of sports sociology at the University of Lausanne, in Switzerland.

"These pictures are widely spread about, conserved and reissued," she said.

Salem said when World Cup officials went to his store "they wanted the lightest and most transparent fabric".

"I was surprised because we are in winter, so it seems that the goal was to show the Argentine uniform and not cover it," he said.

While the bisht is worn in many Gulf countries, Al-Salem is the biggest of about five Qatari producers, employing about 60 tailors.

Each bisht takes a week to make and goes through a seven stage completion, with different workers adding different lines of gold braid to the front and arms.

For Messi's bisht, the gold thread came from Germany and the Najafi cotton fabric was imported from Japan.
https://t.me/pump_upp
folem
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 am
Re: The suspicious black robe handed to Messi at the last minute!

Post by folem »



Image
https://t.me/pump_upp

Post Reply