AFCON: Ivory Coast vs Sierra-Leone 2-2 2ndHalf

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON: Ivory Coast vs Sierra-Leone 2-2 2ndHalf

Post by oloye »

Nothing was wrong with that keeper. I can swear if that ball had not gone in he would get up and do a sign of the cross thanking heavens for sparring him the blushes.

How do you face your colleagues in the dressing room and the nation...that was the injury he had. It is a players worst nightmare,but he should be thankful his team is still in it. Feel sorry for him though,he made a couple of good saves before that clanger.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol:
King Futcha wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 pm feel for the keeper, i won't complain about my bad luck ever again
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Has the game ended? I could link-up with game's link
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You guys need to see Rufai pull off these injury stunts in his days.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As someone said CIV have themselves to blame. Match should have been killed off long before this awada kerkeri show.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

This is a fanbase that used to abuse Barry!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nah man that was no slide. He dived for it and the force of his landing jarred the ball from his hands. He didn’t have to do all of that. He could’ve simply chased it down
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:23 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:16 pm The ground didn't give way when he was running, he injured himself when he caught the ball, then spilled it. I can't really blame the turf. Just a freak incident all round. Hope he gets better.
He tried to slide on it with his knees as keepers normally do to smother the ball and that’s where the ground gave way on his right knee, so seems you didn’t really see what happened…wait for the highlights of the game.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

oloye wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 pm Nothing was wrong with that keeper. I can swear if that ball had not gone in he would get up and do a sign of the cross thanking heavens for sparring him the blushes.

How do you face your colleagues in the dressing room and the nation...that was the injury he had. It is a players worst nightmare,but he should be thankful his team is still in it. Feel sorry for him though,he made a couple of good saves before that clanger.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

If you can watch this and not acknowledge that the field gave way and his knee ran into a hard surface causing his body to summersault slamming the ball on the pitch and he lost control. Without the pitch catching his knee he wouldn’t had jerked up in the air like that. It’s just interesting we can all watch the same thing and come to different conclusions…maybe he could have still held on maybe not, but to not even acknowledge the part played by the pitch is interesting to me…you can even see the gapping ditch in the pitch that resulted from the incident…

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCON: Ivory Coast vs Sierra-Leone 1-1 2ndHalf

Post by cchinukw »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:16 pm Sierra-Leone are surprisingly good, what's going on?
Sierra Leone have been around AFCON since the 90s.

Before there was a minnow like Burkina Faso or Cape Verde to strike fear into the hearts of the competition's giants, there was Sierra Leone.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He did not slide to kick the ball. He dived for the ball, unfortunately for his the uneven nature of the field jarred his sliding movement and forced the ball out of his hands. Truth be told if the field was smooth that jerk knifing he did would not have happened ,he would have slid out of the field with the ball into corner .

Our poor guy is probably a rookie in the game, but he learnt the dirty trick quickly I would say,how to evade the angry reactions of your mates and fans.

The look on Sebastien Haller,that look alone can kill!

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I just don’t see it. It was his diving technique that was his downfall, not the state of the pitch.
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm If you can watch this and not acknowledge that the field gave way and his knee ran into a hard surface causing his body to summersault slamming the ball on the pitch and he lost control. Without the pitch catching his knee he wouldn’t had jerked up in the air like that. It’s just interesting we can all watch the same thing and come to different conclusions…maybe he could have still held on maybe not, but to not even acknowledge the part played by the pitch is interesting to me…you can even see the gapping ditch in the pitch that resulted from the incident…

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:33 pm I just don’t see it. It was his diving technique that was his downfall, not the state of the pitch.
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm If you can watch this and not acknowledge that the field gave way and his knee ran into a hard surface causing his body to summersault slamming the ball on the pitch and he lost control. Without the pitch catching his knee he wouldn’t had jerked up in the air like that. It’s just interesting we can all watch the same thing and come to different conclusions…maybe he could have still held on maybe not, but to not even acknowledge the part played by the pitch is interesting to me…you can even see the gapping ditch in the pitch that resulted from the incident…

Me neither. I think he got the ball alright, then jarred his knee landing. Adrenaline and inexperience got the better of him., but the pitch cannot be blamed.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ok let me give another example, remember Drogbas signature goal celebration, it was tried at 2:20 of this video on an African pitch and you can see what happened, same knee getting jammed on the hard surface beneath the grass as it gave way, sending the player summersaulting forward only to a much lesser extent than it did to the CIV keeper.

I get if you are saying he shouldn’t have come for it that way, but he also didn’t expect his knee to get caught in the turf like that. But the ultimate result is a howler I just understand how it happen and feel for him he might really be hurt.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:20 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:17 pm No more minnows. We found out the hard way vs. this SL team. Lol.
I blame Salones confidence at this tourney on whichever coach allowed a 4-0 game at home to end in a tie. I’m sure the coach references that game whenever he’s trying to charge the boys up lol
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

sabb wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:03 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:20 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:17 pm No more minnows. We found out the hard way vs. this SL team. Lol.
I blame Salones confidence at this tourney on whichever coach allowed a 4-0 game at home to end in a tie. I’m sure the coach references that game whenever he’s trying to charge the boys up lol
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mace has been on a tire...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

The only injury that keeper has is to his ego.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I would allocate 40% fault to the pitch, 50% to keeper and 10% Salone's pressing. All game long, it was clear the turf was hurriedly put in place or the soil wasn't given enough time to compact and the grass wasn't thick enough. Salone is used to that with the savannah grassland in their stadium. Thank God the Garoua pitch is pretty good. SE should stay there as long as possible or Okoye will make Akpeyi look like Oliver Kahn.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

oloye wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 pm Nothing was wrong with that keeper. I can swear if that ball had not gone in he would get up and do a sign of the cross thanking heavens for sparring him the blushes.

Egbon you can say that again. Baba fake injury after messing up...lol
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:20 am

good thing you retired the facts not feelings saying but these are feelings.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Who is ready to bet against the guy making the next game? :sneaky:
Doesn’t ‘prove’ anything, but just sayin…. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 am

Who is ready to bet against the guy making the next game? :sneaky:
Doesn’t ‘prove’ anything, but just sayin…. :D
Depending on the other two he may be dropped for the next game. But if he is the best they have considering the crucial nature of the game I won't be surprised if he is back in goal and given another chance to redeem himself. But if he has a weak character,that night just be the end of his Afcon. :lol:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:51 am

good thing you retired the facts not feelings saying but these are feelings.
You defended Barry better than this!