The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:43 am Walahi if Auba do well for Barca e go pain me sha because I believe we lost a star.
I wish him well and will support Arsenal either way .

Chai..3.5 year contract , 83.5 M Euros buyout clause , 7M to buy out his 16M contract . The guy cleaned up.

Ok I dont lament finish ..moving on please can we play Nketiah on the wings and play Gabby upfront ?

Nketiah don forget how to score for prem he only scores in training and cup games
Wow Auba do well go pain you?Shocking instead of happy for him to do well,you want those crazy Barca fans turn against him and Arteta and the board look like they were right?
It will even pain me if he doesnt do well for him self.
I want Barca end in Europa and meet beloved.lol
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:05 pm I was thinking Arteta may start playing Pepe more now - to rest Gabby and Saka , no way those two will play 17 matches without resting.
No player will play all 17 games remaining apart from the keeper if he doesnt get suspended,Covid19 or injured.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Partey is also suspended for the next two games. That is one key player.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Auba: "My problem was only with Arteta."

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The silent assasin is now talking.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:47 pm Auba: "My problem was only with Arteta."

The earlier beloved bring in a legend PV4 to take over and sent this guy to Everton where he belong the better for the club.Dude will drag Arsenal to the worst.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:58 am Partey is also suspended for the next two games. That is one key player.
For what?You don dey lie Ohenhen or i am missing something?
He was suspended for one game for 2 yellow card and he miss the Burnley game.
What else again is he been suspended?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:33 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:58 am Partey is also suspended for the next two games. That is one key player.
For what?You don dey lie Ohenhen or i am missing something?
He was suspended for one game for 2 yellow card and he miss the Burnley game.
What else again is he been suspended?
I thought it was a straight red. Lets assume you are right. Okay he is suspended for 1 game which was severed against Burnley. You have other guys like Xhaka on the team.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Interesting Read on Arsenal
Mailbag: Arsenal and Barca split Aubameyang wages, summer targets, and is top 6 enough for Arteta?

By James McNicholas, Art de Roché and more Feb 2, 2022 101
Arsenal’s transfer window left supporters with more questions than answers. Fortunately, The Athletic is here to deal with your enquiries.

In the latest edition of our Arsenal mailbag, David Ornstein, Art de Roche and James McNicholas deal with your enquiries about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s pay-off, the ongoing pursuit of Alexander Isak, potential summer spending and more.

Himad M: The Times says we paid off Auba £7 million. But The Athletic said we saved £27 million. Who says the truth?

Hi Himad. We did not report that Arsenal had saved £27 million — that was an estimated figure, based on his reported salary of around £350,000 per week, that could be saved if Arsenal were able to remove him from the wage bill entirely.

Of course, that outcome was never especially likely, particularly given Barcelona’s financial situation. The Athletic understands the Aubameyang termination has similarities with Mesut Ozil’s departure 12 months ago. Arsenal will contribute towards Aubameyang’s pay packet until the summer, via a series of instalments rather than a lump sum. Barcelona will pay a proportion, while the player has also agreed to sacrifice some of his potential earnings. In answer to your question, Himad, we’re not aware of the precise split between the three parties.

Come the summer, Barcelona will take over full responsibility for Aubameyang’s earnings, via a contract that runs until 2025 (with a break clause in 2023). Although Barcelona’s contribution will then increase, his overall salary will be lower than what he was due to earn at Arsenal, albeit potentially over a longer term.

Arsenal have saved significant money by agreeing this mutual termination with Aubameyang, but the figure is believed to be considerably below what has been widely reported. The shift from a loan to a termination only occurred shortly before the transfer deadline, when it became clear Arsenal and Barcelona could not agree on the terms of a temporary move.

It is believed the decision was sanctioned in Dubai, where Arteta was stationed with board member Tim Lewis as well as CEO Vinai Venkatesham, and executed at Arsenal’s administrative base in London, where other executives and staff were situated. It is thought Arteta has communicated with Aubameyang since the deal was finalised, after a period of distance between player and manager following the decision to strip him of the captaincy and make him train alone.

David Ornstein and James McNicholas

Kyle W: I think people need to realise that it’s obvious that KSE is interested in a long-term rebuild and “doing it right”. We have tried to do the quick fix over the last few years and got burned on players like Pepe. Top four was never really the expectation for KSE this year. I would guess top six was. Now we have some cash to spend in the summer assuming we get top six and Europa to attract some bigger players.

Although Arsenal’s expectations this season would have been at least Europa League qualification this season, fan frustration is justified.

While January transfer activity would have accelerated Arsenal’s thinking in regards to incoming players, the chance to kick on and cement a challenge for the top four was there. A top-six finish would not be viewed as a failure, but considering they are just two points off fourth, they could have put themselves in a much stronger position to compete for the remainder of the season.

Instead, they have limited options which leaves them with minimal room for error on and off the pitch.

Art de Roche

Roger K: I’ve heard it mentioned a few times that Nico Pepe played as a CF under Bielsa at LOSC, and I was just wondering — how did that actually go? Was it a success? Did Pepe adapt well? Could be a useful option later this season?

Nicolas Pepe played up front for Marcelo Bielsa in the first half of the 2017-18 before the Argentine had his contract terminated that December. He played 16 games through the middle (13 under Bielsa), scoring three goals, with one assist.

Christophe Galtier took charge for the second half of the campaign and moved Pepe back to the right-wing, where he scored 10 goals, assisting four times in 17 matches.

After signing for Arsenal, Pepe told BT Sport: “I wasn’t that determined (eager is more likely than “determined”, which was a literal translation) to play as a No 9. I’m a player who likes to run at defenders.”

Even when started as a striker, he liked to drift wide to isolate defenders. His first two goals of the season came against Metz where he came off the right-wing to win, and convert, a penalty in the first half, before cutting in and bending the ball into the far corner in the second half. The forward did stay central for his third goal, however, heading home an Anwar El Ghazi cross against Saint-Etienne.

His sole assist as a striker also came from moving out to the left-wing, beating his man and passing the ball to a central position.

As Arteta has been consistent in his hopes for Arsenal strikers to link play as well as push forward, that may hinder Pepe’s chances. That being said, this was four and a half years ago, when Pepe was 22.

I would say it is unlikely he will be tried centrally, but if Arsenal face opponents who allow them space to run into, it could suit Pepe’s game.

Art de Roche

K.W: Could we possibly see Martinelli more at the striker position for the remaining 17 games?

Gabriel Martinelli would be more likely to be given a chance through the middle, in my opinion. As highlighted earlier this week, his natural inclination is to move into central areas off the ball even when played out wide.

There are benefits to having a player like that start out wide, as it catches defences off guard.

As a striker, I feel he would work best with somebody to work off. Rather than a lone man expected to link play, having someone to do that behind him to free him up to stretch defences would help.

Like Pepe, however, the 20-year-old may need to bide his time as Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah have been getting opportunities over him.

Art de Roche

Nadhir S: Why is Arsenal recruiting from MLS? Does it have a link with Edu?

Hi Nadhir. It is certainly an interesting development. Arsenal effectively signed two MLS players in January — goalkeeper Matt Turner, whose move will be formally completed in the summer, and Colorado Rapids defender Auston Trusty.

These are two very different deals — and in reference to your question, neither really can be especially ascribed to Edu. Turner, a 27-year-old US international, will join up with the first team and is the intended replacement for Bernd Leno, who will be granted permission to leave the club in the summer. At Arsenal, as at many clubs, the coaching department has significant input in goalkeeping recruitment decisions. Arsenal also conducted detailed background checks on Turner, and think he will be a positive presence in the squad — something particularly important in a second-choice goalkeeper, who may only be granted limited playing time.

Trusty, 23, may never make it as far as the Arsenal first team. He remains on loan with the Rapids for now, but is expected to be loaned out to a European club for the 2022-23 season to continue his development.

The Rapids are, like Arsenal, owned by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment. For some time now, the Kroenkes have been looking for ways to create deeper connections between their sporting franchises — the Rapids and Arsenal present perhaps the most obvious opportunity, as they compete in the same sport.

In recent months, Arsenal have taken a number of Rapids players on trial, including Dantouma Toure and Cole Bassett. Arsenal’s intention was always to sign a player in January and loan him out — it was more a question of who.

The signing of Trusty will help create stronger connections with the MLS team — connections that could have a significant benefit for Arsenal. Over time, KSE hope to share information across their network that will allow Arsenal to expand and deepen their scouting operations in north America.

This deal feels more about expanding Arsenal’s international network than squad building. That caused significant frustration among supporters on deadline day, but it is part of modern football, as operations such as City Football Group have demonstrated.

James McNicholas

Chijioke N: As crazy as it seems to get rid of all these players for nothing with no replacements, do you think this indicates that Arsenal will be spending regardless of a league finish? Arsenal historically are brittle fitness-wise, so this seems risky even with only league games to worry about.

This was the case last summer and it would not be surprising if that happens once more this year. Not only did Arsenal not make a permanent signing last January, but they also offloaded multiple players that month. Having to pay to do so (with contract terminations) is far from ideal, but opens room for additions further down the line.

Even without European football, they were able to spend well in the summer. A similar approach, with more focus on the gaps in the squad, would therefore make sense no matter where they finish in the league.

However, as you say, Chijioke, they have left themselves very exposed for the rest of this season, and they need many things to go their way.

Art de Roche

Ezek C: So who is the No 1 centre-forward target come summer? DCL? David? Isak? Toney? Any ideas? If it is Isak, why are they so confident they can negotiate a better deal in the summer when they might only have Flo Balogun as a striker on their books?

Hi Ezek. Your question is an interesting one, and will become more pertinent as the summer window approaches!

Arsenal’s recruitment process is collaborative. As The Athletic has already reported, the club landed on a shortlist of three strikers: Dusan Vlahovic, Alexander Isak and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. There was considerable internal debate at Arsenal over who represented the best option, even once the transfer window was underway.

The reason Vlahovic was pursued most aggressively is that it was felt he was the most attainable in midseason. In that respect, Arsenal were right — Fiorentina were content to allow him to leave. Unfortunately, the player was always minded to join Juventus.

Now it comes down to Calvert-Lewin and Isak. A deal for Calvert-Lewin was always seen as a non-starter in January, but Arsenal’s interest is longstanding and ongoing. Several influential voices within Arsenal’s recruitment structure continue to push his case strongly.

Arsenal did explore the possibility of a deal for Isak in January but stopped short of paying the release clause in his Real Sociedad contract, as they feel it exceeds his true market value. If Arsenal resume their interest in the summer, they will again seek to negotiate a better price. They will hope that Sociedad will be more open to selling when they have a whole summer to identify and procure a replacement.

It is possible other names could enter the frame, but The Athletic expects Arsenal to maintain interest in their two top targets.

James McNicholas

Charles E: If Arsenal don’t make top four, does Arteta make it to next season?

Given that Arteta has a contract until 2023, I think it’s generally more likely he will be at Arsenal next season than not — especially if he takes the club back into Europe.

A top-four place is up for grabs, but my impression is that Arsenal would consider a return to the Champions League for 2022-23 as being ahead of schedule. A top-six place would not only keep Arteta at the club — it would almost certainly mean a new contract.

James McNicholas

Swetha J: What is KSE’s position on Edu? And how is his role perceived at the club? Everyone seems to have good things to say about Arteta, but we hardly heard anything about Edu and how he works.

Hi Swetha. We wrote a piece about Edu about a year ago which detailed the work he was doing on overhauling the recruitment department. This summer, that work appeared to bear fruit with a successful window.

Obviously, a lot of supporters are disappointed about the lack of incomings in January. It would seem it was not for the lack of trying: my understanding is Edu worked continuously across the month to try and set up suitable deals — albeit without success. It’s worth noting that many Premier League clubs failed to land their targets in this window. David Moyes of West Ham admitted yesterday that the club “probably made three record transfer bids from the club in this January window”, yet still failed to make a signing.

Edu is regarded as a highly personable, well-connected executive. He has done good work restructuring the scouting system, and helping to organically integrate data into the recruitment process.

A technical director, however, will always ultimately be judged on the players they get in and out. Having kept the powder dry in January, the pressure is on Edu and his team to deliver significantly in the summer. As for outgoings, Edu has shown a capacity to clear the decks — but Arsenal continuously find themselves letting players go for nothing, or even at their own expense. It is not sustainable.

Arsenal appear to have a strategy for signing players. Do they have one for selling them?

James McNicholas

Louis E: Will the club enter into contract extension discussions for Martinelli, Saka and Saliba ASAP?

Contact renewals for all of those players are expected to be on the agenda for 2022, Louis.

New deals for Martinelli and Bukayo Saka are obviously a priority, but I think the interesting one to watch here is William Saliba. Like the others, his Arsenal contract expires in 2024. After the best part of three seasons on loan, Arsenal are in a position where they arguably need to renew his deal or sell him.

Current indications are that Saliba is minded to return to Arsenal next season and compete for a first-team place. Whether he is prepared to follow through and commit to signing a new contract remains to be seen.

James McNicholas
https://theathletic.com/3107305/2022/02 ... or-arteta/#
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Arsenal don't get top 4. This might be an opportunity to get rid of Kroenke. Arsenal fans got to protest outside stadiums and etc. Got to make it uncomforable for him to get him to sell. It may not happen immediately but if supporters are committed. We will drive him away. Start by protesting outside the Suoerbowl. Kroenke is a menace. He has already cost Arsenal 1 or 2 EPL titles because of cheapness. There is no reason Arsenal can't get top 4 this season. We need an owner that cares and takes interest. I am not talking about spending a lot of money like Man city owners. I am talking about Liverpool owners. They build the team by hiring the best people. Our owner hires the wrong people and refuse to make changes if it is not working out. I dioubt if he even knows all of the players on his first team.

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

That is not true.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hiro hasn't been training. Hopefuly he will back in time for the next game. His replacement is Cedric. Wolves is going to be a big game. Maybe something like this.

Ramsdale
Hiro, White, Gabriel, Thierney
Xhaka, Odegard, Partey
Saka, Lacazette, Martineli

and hope for no injuries. Got to rotate in Smith Rowe and Pepe early in the 2nd half.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What will happen if there is a Covid outbreak?

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:02 am What will happen if there is a Covid outbreak?
The game will be postponed now.

To be sincere, though it would have been nice to get some more players in this January, i like the way the club has trimmed down.

This is unlike the Arsenal we know. Looks like they are rebuilding (which is great to see).

We used to complain that the players we had were not good enough, now that they are getting rid of them, people are complaining. In life you cannot please everyone, you just need to do things that work for you and hope the decisions you make are the best.

I like the way they are doing things now, its not like the soft soft Arsenal anymore.

I am not sure we will make top 4 or maybe even top 6 this season, but i am willing to be patient and try to trust the process as they are saying.

Is it painful sometimes, Yes. But let's hope we are going in the right direction. From what i can see, i think we are going in the right direction.

Give them time. It's not easy but that's what they need. e.g. look at the signings last summer - made us a much better team.

Anyway, make we see.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

peron33uk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:26 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:02 am What will happen if there is a Covid outbreak?

To be sincere, though it would have been nice to get some more players in this January, i like the way the club has trimmed down.

This is unlike the Arsenal we know. Looks like they are rebuilding (which is great to see).

We used to complain that the players we had were not good enough, now that they are getting rid of them, people are complaining. In life you cannot please everyone, you just need to do things that work for you and hope the decisions you make are the best.

I like the way they are doing things now, its not like the soft soft Arsenal anymore.

I am not sure we will make top 4 or maybe even top 6 this season, but i am willing to be patient and try to trust the process as they are saying.

Is it painful sometimes, Yes. But let's hope we are going in the right direction. From what i can see, i think we are going in the right direction.

Give them time. It's not easy but that's what they need. e.g. look at the signings last summer - made us a much better team.

Anyway, make we see.
It is all good trusting the process as long as you know (not just guessing) what "the process" is and what are it's milestones.
Have the initiators of "the process" ever explained what "the process" is? Only con men and yahoo boys ask people to trust without knowing what is in the bag. Frauds!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal has been stuck in a continual rebuilding program for the last 16 years. @Person3uk you have fallen for the company line or scam, this so called rebuilding or young core. There is no such thing as rebuilding. You have to engage each season like you want to win the title. Arsenal need established players. The young players are brought along slowly to replace the established players when they are ready to move on.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Most Arsenal fans are generally foolish. However, one of the most dumbest things they have convinced themselves about over the years is that Arsenal will improve and other teams will remain stagnant, thereby allowing Arsenal to now become the top team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: talk about complete braindead analysis :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:53 pm Most Arsenal fans are generally foolish. However, one of the most dumbest things they have convinced themselves about over the years is that Arsenal will improve and other teams will remain stagnant, thereby allowing Arsenal to now become the top team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: talk about complete braindead analysis :lol:

this closet Arsenal fan - thank God say you get sense pass the rest :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

It grinds my gears any time I see Bissouma play for Brighton and Saliba @ Marseille. It again begs the question why Ben White and Calamity Granit are still at the club.

If only Graham Potter had a striker like Auba …
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Break the bank and sign Bissouma Edu please
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:22 pm Break the bank and sign Bissouma Edu please
Don't think you would win the bidding war over summer. The court case is also a concern and a warning.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

My guy, im not disagreeing with anyone. I'm just trying to see the situation from another angle.

Was i disappointed with the window? Yes, definitely. But oh boy, abi i go kill myself?

Though as i pointed out, this is the first time in a while Arsenal is doing a mass clearout.

Let's wait and see what happens in the summer.

After summer then i can complain if we have another bad window. But as for now. Nna, i no go kill myself.
Thelastoneleft wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:31 pm
peron33uk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:26 pm

Anyway, make we see.
It is all good trusting the process as long as you know (not just guessing) what "the process" is and what are it's milestones.
Have the initiators of "the process" ever explained what "the process" is? Only con men and yahoo boys ask people to trust without knowing what is in the bag. Frauds!

I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

My guys, i haven't fallen for anything oh.

You know why i am happy with the current rebuild process? Its because the core is not just ENGLISH players.

Wenger made that mistake by trying to have an English core and lo and behold they all disappointed.

I am willing to give them a chance because last summer was impressive and the incoming really improved the team. We are a lot more stable now, the area to address is going forward and scoring goals which we know is the area they also want to address.

Make we see sha. I am one of those that's not easily influenced and try to see things from both sides of the equatiion. So i am just speaking from the other side.

Now as i mentioned in my other post, if after the summer window and next season we are still in the same place, then fine, go ahead and complain.

Let's see what they do.
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:34 pm Arsenal has been stuck in a continual rebuilding program for the last 16 years. @Person3uk you have fallen for the company line or scam, this so called rebuilding or young core. There is no such thing as rebuilding. You have to engage each season like you want to win the title. Arsenal need established players. The young players are brought along slowly to replace the established players when they are ready to move on.