[AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 3(4) Cameroun 3(5) on PKs. Cameroun win the golden bronze!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 3 Cameroun 3

Post by Kabalega »

joplass wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:14 pm wow wow wow. All pks were very well taken.
You mean Cameroon's?
Because, Burkina's miss was a poor kick.
Onana was already there waiting when the ball finally arrived.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 3(4) Cameroun 3(5) on PKs. Cameroun win the golden bronze!

Post by Odas »

King Futcha wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:17 pm Idi Amin? come on my brother Odas
Aaah bros, na wetin you say make I tok? How dem com lose de match wey dem dey lead 3-0? The same team wey win you befor becos you give dem two free penarity goals. Abeg bros, I tink dem dezav (deserve) Kobo for dia nyash
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Odas wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:15 pm Burkina Faso team is very 'useless.' Where is Idi Amin when you need him?
That is why they are minnows,they may try to play like big boys,but when the real big boys show up they would put them in their place. Same way they threw the match against Senegal away,they had Senegal pinned to the wall,only to blow it . Useless team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 2 Cameroun 0

Post by green4life »

Orion wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:14 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:08 pm
Orion wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:04 pm Cameroon clearly not up for this game.

Some countries do not care for this "golden bronze".

SE, unfortunately, has made a habit of taking it super seriously. :rotf:
...well if they lose it ill go down on record that they are basket losers, and shameful host.
Should have stayed home if they don't care.
It must be very hard to come back from losing a game on penalties where you were clearly the better side. And it's not just one game, but a whole competition in which you were home favourites. You have to give them credit for even turning up for this game. :D

Did you say that Cameroon doesn’t care about the golden bronze game? Lolololozzz :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Odas wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:17 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:12 pm ...they should have stayed home than this embarrassing di'play.
I am sure if teams have choice, many won't be playing the 'Third place' games
These are excuses given when your team is losing the third place match 0-3 not knowing that they will come back at win. Professional players always play to win even if it’s against a non league team in FA Cup talk less of a third place match in a continental tournament.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Orion wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:01 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:58 pm
Orion wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:57 pm Cameroon had a pep talk at halftime, maybe even a threat from govt officials to take this game seriously.
Where was this pep talk against Egypt? :laugh:
Well, they had nothing more to give there. :)

But here they clearly had more in reserve.
Because it’s sweeter to win golden bronze than go home empty handed.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 3 Cameroun 1

Post by green4life »

joplass wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:13 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:12 pm
joplass wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:11 pm Wait a minute, this coach lost the game to Egypt because the wrong people were assigned to take pks?
No. Different game with almost no pressure
No, Toko, Aboubakar, Kunde were not picked. Not sure about Ngamaleu, can't remember.
I’m 100% sure that Aboubakar scored the first and only pk against Egypt with the same technique and direction as his pk today. Ekambi I think also kicked but missed. The main difference is zero pressure today compared to the semi finals
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:02 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:15 pm Burkina Faso team is very 'useless.' Where is Idi Amin when you need him?
That is why they are minnows,they may try to play like big boys,but when the real big boys show up they would put them in their place. Same way they threw the match against Senegal away,they had Senegal pinned to the wall,only to blow it . Useless team.
In fairness to Faso, they had their second goalie in post and he’s a basket whose errors directly led to the last 2 goals. With their #1 goalie they likely hold on.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mcal wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:12 pm ...they should have stayed home than this embarrassing di'play.
...3rd place is an honor. 2 teams can't be first, I still cherish a 2nd place medal I won many years ago.
akamoke
Re: [AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 3(4) Cameroun 3(5) on PKs. Cameroun win the golden bronze!

Post by akamoke »

It always seems like the third place winner always get a better last laugh than a second placed "winner" who is so much more heartsore because they were close to winning it and their recent memory is losing their last game as opposed to the 3rd place winner who can go home knowing they won their last game in the tournament..it's all psychology in the end
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

akamoke wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:45 am It always seems like the third place winner always get a better last laugh than a second placed "winner" who is so much more heartsore because they were close to winning it and their recent memory is losing their last game as opposed to the 3rd place winner who can go home knowing they won their last game in the tournament..it's all psychology in the end
Interesting insight. The kind only a record 3rd placed Bronze medalist would know. :thumbs: :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:43 am
akamoke wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:45 am It always seems like the third place winner always get a better last laugh than a second placed "winner" who is so much more heartsore because they were close to winning it and their recent memory is losing their last game as opposed to the 3rd place winner who can go home knowing they won their last game in the tournament..it's all psychology in the end
Interesting insight. The kind only a record 3rd placed Bronze medalist would know. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Exactly, experience matters ;)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [AFCON 2021 3rd Place Match] Burkina Faso 3 Cameroun 1

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:53 pm
joplass wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:13 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:12 pm
joplass wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:11 pm Wait a minute, this coach lost the game to Egypt because the wrong people were assigned to take pks?
No. Different game with almost no pressure
No, Toko, Aboubakar, Kunde were not picked. Not sure about Ngamaleu, can't remember.
I’m 100% sure that Aboubakar scored the first and only pk against Egypt with the same technique and direction as his pk today. Ekambi I think also kicked but missed. The main difference is zero pressure today compared to the semi finals
He took out Ekambi and brought in Bassogog I think. The 3 people who lost the penalties were subs. Makoudi, Siliki and Njie.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:25 pm
joplass wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:14 pm wow wow wow. All pks were very well taken.
You mean Cameroon's?
Because, Burkina's miss was a poor kick.
Onana was already there waiting when the ball finally arrived.
The Burkina guy who missed the penarity has been mumurific all tournament. He plays like an African. :lol: Too much aimless dribbling and all manner of foolish behaviours. He is too clever for himself, and is always trying to be clever: he tried to roll the penarity, the schupidiot. As soon as he stepped up, I said, OK, Burkina is going to lose. :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:00 am
...3rd place is an honor. 2 teams can't be first, I still cherish a 2nd place medal I won many years ago.
Bros, second place is not bad, neither is third place, but I still think many teams will prefer not to play the 'third place' match if they have choice, for many reasons
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.