Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by txj »

PSV and @LFC have reached an agreement on the proposed transfer of Cody Gakpo. The 23-year-old attacker will leave for England imminently where he will be subjected to the necessary formalities ahead of the completion of the transfer.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Good news. Now get a box to box midfielder. Aston Villa penetrated our midfield too easily.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so let us get this straight, pool decided to let Mane go so they could spend money on Nunez and Gakpo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: money miss road
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Alategun wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:41 am Good news. Now get a box to box midfielder. Aston Villa penetrated our midfield too easily.
I expect a couple of midfielders to come in January and the summer.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:01 pm
Alategun wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:41 am Good news. Now get a box to box midfielder. Aston Villa penetrated our midfield too easily.
Bellingham and Enzo in the summer and maybe Amrabat in Jan.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kbt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:56 pm
Bellingham and Enzo in the summer and maybe Amrabat in Jan.
:rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Could also be a change in style with this signing, that mitigates current MF woes.
Especially with Naby back and the emergence of Bajcetic

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:31 pm

Could also be a change in style with this signing, that mitigates current MF woes.
Which signing? Dude, with everyone fit, "this signing" will be on the bench clapping for the first 11.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Very possibly. Pep described him as the missing link... we'll see.

My impression is still that Diaz's injury is more serious than feared, hence the need to dip into the market at a low-risk(ish) fee.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:15 pm

My impression is still that Diaz's injury is more serious than feared, hence the need to dip into the market at a low-risk(ish) fee.

I saw several of his games in the Eredivisie, playing from wide-left and drifting centrally.
But Van Gaal played him as a '9.5', dropping deep as a #10, but stretching play from wide, depending on the build-up stage, but pushing up as a late arrival, beyond Depay...

The one thing about in that always stood out to me was his tactical savviness..Which is what makes me think we might have Klopp redefine his role as he did with Gini...

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:12 pm so let us get this straight, pool decided to let Mane go so they could spend money on Nunez and Gakpo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: money miss road
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wonder if the lowlives scousers in here are still comparing Nunez (100m) to Haaland (75m) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

With Gakpo, Klopp has now spent more than 800 million and won only one league title :lol: :lol: :lol:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:56 pm

I saw several of his games in the Eredivisie, playing from wide-left and drifting centrally.
But Van Gaal played him as a '9.5', dropping deep as a #10, but stretching play from wide, depending on the build-up stage, but pushing up as a late arrival, beyond Depay...

The one thing about in that always stood out to me was his tactical savviness..Which is what makes me think we might have Klopp redefine his role as he did with Gini...
Will be fascinating to see how Klopp uses him and whether (when everyone is fit) it signals a shift away from his preferred 4-3-3 formation.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:29 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:12 pm so let us get this straight, pool decided to let Mane go so they could spend money on Nunez and Gakpo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: money miss road
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:29 am
txj wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:56 pm

Will be fascinating to see how Klopp uses him and whether (when everyone is fit) it signals a shift away from his preferred 4-3-3 formation.

It's not come up in the discussion so far but he could also be a replacement for Ox.

A wide/central midfielder with pace and power to breakaway in open play.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Classic 12 v 10 game going on on. Faes is playing for Liverpool. What a horrible night he is having. Liverpool will take it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Leicester’s David Luiz playing for Pool?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:03 pm Leicester’s David Luiz playing for Pool?
you don dey fear? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Truly diabolical performance...

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Have to do better against Brentford. Hope Fabinho is back and maybe play Naby, Tiago and Fab. Or Hendo instead of Naby? Elliot needs to be a sub for now. How midfield suffers off the ball when he starts. Still need some growing up to do and drifts too wide leaving middle open and often leaves Trent alone on defense. He wasn't at fault for Leicester goal but watching him jog back from when the move develop was a hard watch.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Alategun wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:13 am Have to do better against Brentford. Hope Fabinho is back and maybe play Naby, Tiago and Fab. Or Hendo instead of Naby? Elliot needs to be a sub for now. How midfield suffers off the ball when he starts. Still need some growing up to do and drifts too wide leaving middle open and often leaves Trent alone on defense. He wasn't at fault for Leicester goal but watching him jog back from when the move develop was a hard watch.
Eliiot was poor last game; as was Hendo. Both should be benched.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:34 am
King Futcha wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:29 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That is cold :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nunez may come good later. Don’t forget Chelsea fans almost ran Drogba out of town in the beginning.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .