UCL 2nd leg: MUN vs CITY (1-4) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL: City vs Bayern 3-0 (2H)

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:27 pm
txj wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:08 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:53 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:46 pm Upamecano completely fell apart in this one.

But I think Bayern made a huge error in firing Nagelsman
Their fans are going to be very angry today. Nagelsmann was walking the CL :rotf:

I never understood the change.
But this game was down to shocking performance of some key players...
It was personal, not business (he wasnt fired for performance). Some say it was an issue, which relates to his girlfriend and leaks.

As for performance, I agree.

By the way, I dont rate De Light at all. I think he is a terrible defender. What are your thoughts on him?

First I always hesitate to judge CBs singly. What I mean is that their performance is intricately linked to the partnership in central defense.

I think he's very talented especially given his age, but I'm not convinced that Upamecano is the right partner for him.
I think Munich should've signed the Freiburg CB...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: UCL: City vs Bayern 3-0 (FT)

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:57 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:48 pm
theDunamis wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:46 pm Thierry Henry chewing Italy out on the racism perpetrated by the Juve fans on Lukaku last week, furthered by the referee's completely inhumane and foolish decision to punish a celebration Lukaku always does and did again tonight in the CL and was kosher, and insanely validated by the Italian FA.

A trifecta of racist actions and Henry is thoroughly pissed and rightly so.
Proud of him.
The only protected category in the world seems to be the LGBT fraternity
Let's leave the LGBT people out of it. One form of bigotry doesn't justify another.
Chief how did me pointing out that the issue of racism towards people of color has never and will be a priority for Europe now mean it’s a justification of another kinda bigotry ?????

The vast majority of the LGBT community are white and the white world has embraced issues affecting them and could care less about what happens to people of color. These are facts
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:59 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:32 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:26 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:14 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 pm It will be a very long April 26th for Arsenal fans
I’m not worried
City won't be as physical as Liverpool, so the lads should settle into the game better. Mental errors are the main worry, because City will punish those mercilessly. Worried about Martinelli's decision making in the final 3rd possibly leading to costly turnovers and Zinchenko's defending.
You’re spot on.
They are like a venomous snake and kill you on any error. So it will be up to us to be focused but when you have numbskulls like Xhaka in the team anything bad is possible.

Hoping Arteta learns his lesson and drops him and allows Zinchy to play his natural midfield position and move Tierney into his natural left coach role.
I know: pipe dream
I disagree on dropping Xhaka. He makes a lot of valuable contributions + we need his fire against City. Agree on Zinchenko playing his natural midfield position but that would mean changing formation or dropping one of Odegaard, Partey or Xhaka which I don't advise.
Lol you disagree on dropping Xhaka yet you mentioned the options of Ode, Partey and Chaka being one of three to sit on the bench.

Surely it can’t be Partey and the captain won’t be dropped, so who do you think is getting dropped? :bump:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:19 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:59 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:32 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:26 pm
Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:14 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 pm It will be a very long April 26th for Arsenal fans
I’m not worried
City won't be as physical as Liverpool, so the lads should settle into the game better. Mental errors are the main worry, because City will punish those mercilessly. Worried about Martinelli's decision making in the final 3rd possibly leading to costly turnovers and Zinchenko's defending.
You’re spot on.
They are like a venomous snake and kill you on any error. So it will be up to us to be focused but when you have numbskulls like Xhaka in the team anything bad is possible.

Hoping Arteta learns his lesson and drops him and allows Zinchy to play his natural midfield position and move Tierney into his natural left coach role.
I know: pipe dream
I disagree on dropping Xhaka. He makes a lot of valuable contributions + we need his fire against City. Agree on Zinchenko playing his natural midfield position but that would mean changing formation or dropping one of Odegaard, Partey or Xhaka which I don't advise.
Lol you disagree on dropping Xhaka yet you mentioned the options of Ode, Partey and Chaka being one of three to sit on the bench.

Surely it can’t be Partey and the captain won’t be dropped, so who do you think is getting dropped? :bump:
It seems you missed the "which I don't advise" part of my post :laugh: So given that I don't advise dropping any of them, which of the options that I enumerated is left? :sneaky:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:28 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:46 pm Upamecano completely fell apart in this one.

Their fans are going to be very angry today. Nagelsmann was walking the CL :rotf:

It was personal, not business (he wasnt fired for performance). Some say it was an issue, which relates to his girlfriend and leaks.

By the way, I dont rate De Light at all. I think he is a terrible defender. What are your thoughts on him?

First I always hesitate to judge CBs singly. What I mean is that their performance is intricately linked to the partnership in central defense.

I think he's very talented especially given his age, but I'm not convinced that Upamecano is the right partner for him.
My judgment of him was not based on this game. Although, while Upamecano was a wreck, De Light was shockingly out of place for the second goal It was quite embarassing.

That said, my judgement of him was based on his performance at Juve, where he was a mockery of a defender. He was so bad that it was laughable and even more laughable when Bayern came in for him. He impressed me at Ajax, do i was stunned to see him very bad and unable to handle the pressure of playing for Juve.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:56 am
txj wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:28 pm

My judgment of him was not based on this game. Although, while Upamecano was a wreck, De Light was shockingly out of place for the second goal It was quite embarassing.

That said, my judgement of him was based on his performance at Juve, where he was a mockery of a defender. He was so bad that it was laughable and even more laughable when Bayern came in for him. He impressed me at Ajax, do i was stunned to see him very bad and unable to handle the pressure of playing for Juve.

I thought June were quite reckless in how they handled his development. He was 19 to 20yrs old...
They're usually much more considered in managing young players...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It's rumoured to be a combination of off-field things specific to Julian; and reportedly Bayern bigwigs have been long time admirers of Tuchel.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

theDunamis wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:46 pm Thierry Henry chewing Italy out on the racism perpetrated by the Juve fans on Lukaku last week, furthered by the referee's completely inhumane and foolish decision to punish a celebration Lukaku always does and did again tonight in the CL and was kosher, and insanely validated by the Italian FA.

A trifecta of racist actions and Henry is thoroughly pissed and rightly so.

The video:

theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

So Mané Punched Sané in the face, he is on his way to become Bayern’s worst signing
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

kofi86 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:20 pm So Mané Punched Sané in the face, he is on his way to become Bayern’s worst signing
Heard he punched him as well.
Hope it’s not true
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

kofi86 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:20 pm So Mané Punched Sané in the face, he is on his way to become Bayern’s worst signing
I didn’t know Mane had that kind of violence in him.

Anyway,

Mane slap Sane
Kane chop cane(for WC)
France was plain
In the final game
Oh what a shame!

Wha choo looking at?!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Does anyone know why Joao Cancelo was not cup tied for this match? He played for Man City in the Champions League earlier this season.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Easy PL posey causing Deutschland disarray. Probably Mane’s best performance, the skirmish that is. Cut price move back to Liverpool?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Sadio fined and suspended.
Hope it was worth it and the bad publicity.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/bayern-muni ... leroy-sane
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

harsh
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

That's terrible.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Please explain how he is on his way to become Bahednst worst signing
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

if this is true, i would have reply, 'your daddy and your mama is a black expletive lover' but thats just me... goodness, say it ain't so.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:05 pm if this is true, i would have reply, 'your daddy and your mama is a black expletive lover' but thats just me... goodness, say it ain't so.
Let’s hope this is not true. Sane’s family (wife and kid) apparently live in England because they are not welcome in Germany. And he turns around and calls Mane that? If true, he is dummer than I would imagine.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:02 am Easy PL posey causing Deutschland disarray. Probably Mane’s best performance, the skirmish that is. Cut price move back to Liverpool?
:lol: :lol: You wish!

IMHO, Sane is so frustrating that one feels he deserves a few *Nice Lady* slaps.
Hopefully Mane used a slipper like Odemwinge. Senegalese design this time.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Comrade Machel wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:34 pm

Came as the star signing, earning 22m€ a year, not delivering on the pitch and causing trouble inside (supposed argument with Nagelsmann, now this).
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kofi86 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:32 am
Comrade Machel wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:34 pm

Came as the star signing, earning 22m€ a year, not delivering on the pitch and causing trouble inside (supposed argument with Nagelsmann, now this).
Em, didn't Mane just return from injury. What's all the false info about not delivering on the pitch?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved